De-accept the third person suggestion
Last morning a post was made with the suggestion of removing third person shooting(http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=55180).

Within the time of 2 hours 6 people agreed and 6 people disagreed with the idea. Temar then accepted the thread and locked it preventing most people to even look at the thread let alone comment on it.

For such a controversial subject to be locked within 2 hours I hardly think that is fair. I am requesting you to open this thread because it hasn't even been looked at by most of the people. And to close it so quickly I haven't even been able to put across my point of view...

I would like to explain to you why this is a bad idea. 
First off, people as moaning that "Third person is more accurate". Not it's not. There are two options to third person. Zooming in(The crosshairs will get smaller) or not zoomed(Crosshairs stay the same). This is like in first person when you don't zoom in the recoil is the same as not zooming in with third person. And when you zoom in on first person it's as accurate as zooming in on first person. If you want proof of this, go up to a wall and spray at it. The recoil is the same. 

Secondly, you're saying that it'll stop people third person glitching in PVP. No it wont? All you have to do is remove all guns from your hotbar and you can still third person glitch to see where they are.

I am confused to see why this thread was locked so quickly as no much has been said. I am requesting it to be reopened because it's personal preference. Some people like to shoot in third person, some people don't. I don't see why we should change it to first person only for PVP because the people who like first people want it that way.

I would just like to mention, why was this thread so quickly accepted? This thread was up for 2 hours and was accepted when other thread take months to be accepted... 

-Ghost
The following 3 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Jono, TheAwesomeAuston, Moisty
Believe the intention to do this is to minimize the abuse of looking around corners with it. I personally would hate to see it added, but as it's a developer question he closed it.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
To be fair, the third person accuracy with weapons isn't a feature, it's a bug.

The recoil and effects of the weapon you are firing in third person don't affect you at all. If you take an automatic rifle and empty a magazine while aiming down the sights in a single burst, you won't be able to see anything due to the muzzle flash and recoil on your screen. In third person it's not there, allowing for sustained fire with no drawbacks.
I'm really unaware of this accuracy thing, I haven't seen it any more accurate, if anything it's harder as the crosshairs don't work.

I'd be very upset if third person was removed from shooting weapons, and I feel it's unfair because most the community doesn't mind it, yet a few do and it's accepted?
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The following 2 users Like Wood's post:
  • Jono, TheAwesomeAuston
Firstly, there are multiple things that I had mentioned in the thread that go to show why 3rd should be disabled when only using a firearm.

My first point had been accuracy, which is increased to make recoil non-existent in the event that they right click while in third person. Lets be honest, you really think someone is going to not do that?

Secondly, there is the issue of having more than a 180 degree view. (Meaning you can see people sneaking up on you, and farther than you would realistically be able to see through first person.)

Thirdly, there is the issue of being able to look around corners, over walls and such without putting yourself in harms way. This is VERY unrealistic and only leads to the game of who wants to jump out of the corner first. It is frequently one of the main things that is abused in 3rd person and brings a sense of unfairness to combat.

My fourth point is the benefits of making first person combat the only option. Not only does it increase the realism, actually require a sense of skill but it also makes it so that people are going to be less likely to go on the oh-so-loved raids without an actual team. Making it first person is going to require teamwork (Covering different angles, watching your flanks) and make the whole system a LOT more fun.

I get that YOU have an issue with it, but myself and many others can agree that it is the smart thing to do. This is not a raiding server and thus you shouldn't be too concerned with a change occurring to make combat more realistic/difficult. 
Yes there is bugs with guns and 3rd person and abuse of looking over or around walls in middle of gun fight
So for along time people have abused to gain advantage in fights and the only sure way to fix it all is first person only when using weapons
(12-02-2014, 04:18 PM)Temar Wrote: Yes there is bugs with guns and 3rd person and abuse of looking over or around walls in middle of gun fight
So for along time people have abused to gain advantage in fights and the only sure way to fix it all is first person only when using weapons

To meet the demands for that aesthetic desire for seeing yourself with a gun in third person, it may be possible to script it so that first person is enabled only when they are pointing the weapon. It might be possible to make it so that people could access third person when their weapon is pointed to the ground? This grants some players to enjoy that 3rd person view until they actually aim their weapon.
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Von Tempski, SirCrow
It'll really suck turning it off, it's not like people abuse it? Wall banging is sort of a part of raiding, I myself don't do it as I don't use third person as I feel the accuracy is horrible and goes to the wrong angle, but wall banging to look around is a method. Unless you add the ability to poke your head around corners (leaning), then I feel the current "wall bang" system is okay.

Just my opinion, but it'll really cause some people to be upset about it, considering it's never gave anyone a advantage.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Or, we could possibly reduce the third person FOV so that it is over the shoulder? I have seen this used in other game to prevent third person abuse. People would still be able to aim in third person but it would not allow them to look around corners.
The following 1 user Likes SourLemon's post:
  • TheAwesomeAuston
(12-02-2014, 04:22 PM)Nevy Wrote: To meet the demands for that aesthetic desire for seeing yourself with a gun in third person, it may be possible to script it so that first person is enabled only when they are pointing the weapon. It might be possible to make it so that people could access third person when their weapon is pointed to the ground? This grants some players to enjoy that 3rd person view until they actually aim their weapon.

If it's possible I can agree to it.

Although I am very upset that third person has been disabled for shooting. I find 3rd person a lot better for Garry's Mod in general, find it hard using first.

A lot of people will be upset by this and I've always viewed first vs third as a personal choice. I doubt people go through the trouble of "abusing" it and it's just part of the game really.

We've had it for years and no-one's really cared, why the sudden change?
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  •