De-accept the third person suggestion
(12-02-2014, 11:22 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: New weapons won't change the way third person works. Also it's a RP server that benefits from passive RP. Cool guns with skins is nice for a deathmatch gamemode but not a requirement for a roleplay server with intends to not stimulate aggressive RP too much.

I think it will be a big loss removing the third person view when using a weapon. First of all it will be annoying to keep switching from view when you equip and holster a weapon. Secondly the view of your character holding the gun and doing the shooting is a nice effect. Some prefer the first person view and some the third person view, that's why this addons was one of the best added.

I respect opinions of both sides but I do have this question to those who wants the third person view removed:
If you think it gives an unfair advantage, why you don't use third person yourself to benefit this advantage?

My decision would be to keep it.

The reason why it is unfair is because the situation it is used in, is it fair for someone to be able to see you around a blockade a know everyone of their movements? It provides a very one sided fight for those defending as they have no reason to show themselves until the enemy is sprinting which they will know without having to even do anything. I have no problem looking down the current weapon models we have and I quite enjoy them. The bug is not the problem, the abuse is.

I do not mean by adding a new weapon pack will it fix the bug, I mean that it will allow people to actually shoot in first person as most people complain about the sights some not even having some, this will mean we can remove the exploitable feature while simultaneously pleasing 90% of the player base that want new content.
This bug is hard/not possible to be solved. So the only option left is to keep it or remove it.

I made a poll about it so we can decide this democratically.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=55234

Please make your vote count as it's important to have a good overview of what the community wants.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
-Support to repealing it before we have had time to actualy test how it will function. Just because it is changed does not mean its changed forever.

Those who say everyone is on equal footing, this is not at all true.

If you are attacking a building say with a corridor or really anywhere, you cannot in anyway see a hidden defender who is 3ft around a corner, but conversely a defender 3ft around a corner can see everything you are doing, and is always at an advantage above what a defender normaly would have.

They will always have first strike, and said strike will most of the time be instantly lethal because they could see every move you made from safely around the corner in third person, and their strike will have shocking accuracy as they do not have to take into account weapon recoil as much if at all in third person, the weapons accuracy is not improved this is true, but its recoil is near eliminated entirely.

Yes everyone can make use of it, but no, not everyone is on equal footing when it is being used by both sides in a combat situation, the defending side always has an unfair advantage granted by the use of third person unless the battle is takeing place in an open field and neither side is able to hide.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • General Rickets, Rylund, Burnett, Faustie
They should keep 3rd person shooting in the game. Like Equalizer said, it is accessible by EVERYONE. Everyone has the ability to switch to 3rd person whenever they please. Also, you cannot use 3rd person in every single gunfight. For example, if you are raiding a house, or going to be shooting in close quarters, then if you play on 3rd person, your camera will fly around everywhere, and you won't be able to see shit, thus forcing you to switch back to 1st person. For long range, obviously use 3rd person, because the Iron Sights when using 1st person are so chunky! Let's take the M4A1. It's Iron Sights are simply the worst. The fat side of the back will move upwards, blocking your view of the front Iron Sights. This is very annoying. And if you think that it provides some unfair advantage, then do something with it. You don't exactly have to remove the entire thing. Maybe you could have 25% more recoil when shooting in 3rd person or something like that. Me personally, I say keep the 3rd person shooting in. It's not Call of Duty. And it's also a Semi-Serious RP Server.
Credits to Raptor for the signature!
Click here to rep me!
(12-03-2014, 02:23 AM)BlackDog Wrote: -Support to repealing it before we have had time to actualy test how it will function. Just because it is changed does not mean its changed forever.

Those who say everyone is on equal footing, this is not at all true.

If you are attacking a building say with a corridor or really anywhere, you cannot in anyway see a hidden defender who is 3ft around a corner, but conversely a defender 3ft around a corner can see everything you are doing, and is always at an advantage above what a defender normaly would have.

They will always have first strike, and said strike will most of the time be instantly lethal because they could see every move you made from safely around the corner in third person, and their strike will have shocking accuracy as they do not have to take into account weapon recoil as much if at all in third person, the weapons accuracy is not improved this is true, but its recoil is near eliminated entirely.

Yes everyone can make use of it, but no, not everyone is on equal footing when it is being used by both sides in a combat situation, the defending side always has an unfair advantage granted by the use of third person unless the battle is takeing place in an open field and neither side is able to hide.

This is what I have been trying to explain for the past 6 pages but nobody listens and just thinks I'm talking about the bug. This person abuse in certain situations grants unrealistic advantages.

By allowing people to use this feature in the way it's currently being used you might aswell allow them to use it to look through walls for contraband and then raid for that contraband because that is it's equivalent. You are essentially allowing players to use third person to look through walls to constantly see the movements of their enemies before they see you in a unrealistic way.
I feel a standstill should be held, this should run based on how the community feels after all it's us that are playing the server.

On my side I feel if everyone has access to third person shooting, there is not an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
(12-03-2014, 07:55 AM)Smex Wrote: This is what I have been trying to explain for the past 6 pages but nobody listens and just thinks I'm talking about the bug. This person abuse in certain situations grants unrealistic advantages.

By allowing people to use this feature in the way it's currently being used you might aswell allow them to use it to look through walls for contraband and then raid for that contraband because that is it's equivalent. You are essentially allowing players to use third person to look through walls to constantly see the movements of their enemies before they see you in a unrealistic way.

Exactly, and I have no idea why people seem to not see this fact, i'm pretty sure all of us are guilty of useing the third person method during a raid or defence to gain an unfair advantage over the enemy by peaking around a corner with 0 risk, or by inadvertently seeing them, and now useing that information to your advantage.

Its almost impossible not to have if you use third person while in combat.

This is not something that should just be shut down because people are angry they will loose access to it, at the very least it needs to be implimented on a trial basis to guage how its going to work.

If implimented on a trial basis the outrage we are seeing now will disipate as people either get used to the new system or calm down and begin to discuss it rather than just folding their arms and saying "No"
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 3 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • General Rickets, SirCrow, Burnett
(12-03-2014, 09:37 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 07:55 AM)Smex Wrote: This is what I have been trying to explain for the past 6 pages but nobody listens and just thinks I'm talking about the bug. This person abuse in certain situations grants unrealistic advantages.

Exactly, and I have no idea why people seem to not see this fact, i'm pretty sure all of us are guilty of useing the third person method during a raid or defence to gain an unfair advantage over the enemy by peaking around a corner with 0 risk, or by inadvertently seeing them, and now useing that information to your advantage.

Its almost impossible not to have if you use third person while in combat.

This is not something that should just be shut down because people are angry they will loose access to it, at the very least it needs to be implimented on a trial basis to guage how its going to work.

If implimented on a trial basis the outrage we are seeing now will disipate as people either get used to the new system or calm down and begin to discuss it rather than just folding their arms and saying "No"

This would be the best course of action, remember the controversy with M4's on cops? Remember how once it was implemented nobody complained, maybe this should be handled the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you cant compare the "M4 for cops' update with this. This is a much larger and more important decision. But you're right, that was a controversial topic where the +support/-support was 50/50, but if you take a look at the current poll its 66% who wants to keep the 3rd person, and only 33% who wants it removed. It would hardly make sense to listen to the 33% group due to the lack of support.
+support
[Image: Lho5T16.gif]
Oh Nein You Didn't