Admins in later timezones
(10-09-2014, 06:41 PM)Fultzy Wrote: I have seven bans and I believe in change.

I also do not believe in expanding the staff to more mods.  Quality over quantity is the way I see it and we are always looking.

Quality is indeed better, but my whole point was to open applications, and sift them for the best.

Those deemed acceptable are given the 1 week trial basis, if they are indeed as good as thought they are left as a moderator, this method gives both quality and quantity overtime as more mods are brought into the fold.

We dont need to just flood it with 20 mods all at once, its a gradual process
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Mist
(10-09-2014, 06:46 PM)BlackDog Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 06:41 PM)Fultzy Wrote: I have seven bans and I believe in change.

I also do not believe in expanding the staff to more mods.  Quality over quantity is the way I see it and we are always looking.

Quality is indeed better, but my whole point was to open applications, and sift them for the best.

Those deemed acceptable are given the 1 week trial basis, if they are indeed as good as thought they are left as a moderator, this method gives both quality and quantity overtime as more mods are brought into the fold.

We dont need to just flood it with 20 mods all at once, its a gradual process

You and Fultzy really got a point, and I am agreeing with both parties. Should there be made a suggestion?
I honestly dont like the application process and honestly I feel that we are just going to be at the same point.

There is not that many people I do not know about. I am always on the prowl for people that come to a surprise to most of the community. (Just look at the moderators promoted and look at half of the comments saying "Who?")

Applications have ended negatively in the past and I feel should only be brought out if we are in very hard times. As of right now it is just the same situation we have every year at this point and I can promise you we know activity is an issue and we are in the works of fixing it.
There used to be quite some American administrators.
Let's give them some time, it's obviously not easy to find someone fit for the position and especially if they play when tbe administrators are sleeping, at school, working or whatever, I don't think this will last long since from what I know they're on the lookout for mods constantly, we don't know when, and we don't really need to either.
Maybe promote someone that has those traits and doesn't play Dota 2 more than Garry's Mod
[Image: sIkCVU3.png]
The following 7 users Like Venom's post:
  • Jono, Greed^, Zecon, ArcHammer, Nevy, equal, fuz3_r3tro
(10-09-2014, 08:49 PM)HellShell Wrote: There used to be quite some American administrators.
Let's give them some time, it's obviously not easy to find someone fit for the position and especially if they play when tbe administrators are sleeping, at school, working or whatever, I don't think this will last long since from what I know they're on the lookout for mods constantly, we don't know when, and we don't really need to either.

American staff? I have never seen one american here.

[Image: Cruise-evil-laugh.jpg] no offense to the americans out there, if there is any.
I said there used to be, Coffee, Mikey, Blackdog ( Canadian I think but still ), Jokhah, beflok, Jamie (Australian ) and more when I wasn't around yet and we still have Fultzy, Venom and Grub.
(10-10-2014, 06:06 AM)HellShell Wrote: I said there used to be, Coffee, Mikey, Blackdog ( Canadian I think but still ), Jokhah, beflok, Jamie (Australian ) and more when I wasn't around yet and we still have Fultzy, Venom and Grub.

Jamie was Australian?
No wonder he was so cool Wink

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The following 1 user Likes ArcHammer's post:
  • Nacreas
There's been plenty of american administrators really; Coffe, Mikey, Jokhah, Beflok, Fultzy, Vauld, Grub, Spartan, Elder and multiple more.

Then we have BlackDog who's Canadian. However, Jamie is from the UK.

Need I say more?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy