RP point issue
The thing is, the majority of RP points given out aren't actually deserved imo. (Including most of mine) - I don't think RP points should be awarded for simply making a shop and standing there afk for two hours until someone notices you..

Aside from that, what Equal said.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 3 users Like Jono's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Zan, equal
If you are seen contributing to the RP well, and you promote the RP and make it better as a customer (for example, make your RP detailed, doing /me's and /it's) then I believe that person should get some recognition. Even if they aren't employee's, doesn't mean that they haven't RP'ed well. As Equalizer said, people need to be noticed for their originality and their effort.
The following 2 users Like Zan's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Duane
I completely agree with you Jono, completely. However, sometimes shop owners are forced to stand there AFK for up to two hours because rarely any people decides to take a break from their usual routine to do some decent RP with a stranger. Either they completely stay away or just go to the store/stand to get 5 chinese and/or complete refuses to do any RP besides the usual 3 step roleplay; "5 chinese", "How much?" "Bye".

It's tough to keep any RP going with the player base that FearlessRP suffers from, don't get me wrong here, we also have loads of people who are willingly sacrificing their time and effort to make the servers a fun place to be, but we also have those people who just plays to get rich and powerful.

Besides all this, I agree with most of the arguments in this thread so far.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Jono, Suarez
The thing is, RP points should be given for roleplay. Whether it's random RP in the street talking to people, owning a shop or buying from a shop. There needs to be an incentive to roleplay in general. Yes the incentive to make a shop is there..But there's no incentive to actually go in and roleplay it as well.

So I don't agree with someone sitting in a building for 2 hours attempting to RP, getting an RP point ,without actually RPing beyond /me takes the money.

I've seen people getting RP points for being a security guard (Of my own RP) when they've literally just stood there. That's not right, is it?
A more fitting signature. 
No, that's not right. The points should only be awarded to those who actually gave two shits about the situation and/or consecutively contributed to the roleplay.
(08-26-2014, 12:13 AM)Jono Wrote: I've seen people getting RP points for being a security guard (Of my own RP) when they've literally just stood there. That's not right, is it?

No, it isn't right. I agree that RP points are given not for the effort and detailed RP they get into, it's a matter of how good a certain dupe looks. Right now, that's what gets the RP points. But what if you aren't a great builder; however you still have exceptional skills as a role-player? These people don't get rewarded for their effort and detail, which is what is should really be given for.
The following 3 users Like Zan's post:
  • equal, Duane, Greed^
My thoughts precisely, I felt as though I did a decent RP, lots of depth, detail, /mes /its, actual real steak orders, the whole 9 yards. Which is why I felt I deserved a point when people who stood round and shouted "Done" after 5 minutes of "making a steak".
Sig by Dex. Check it here!
(08-26-2014, 12:29 AM)Zan Wrote:
(08-26-2014, 12:13 AM)Jono Wrote: I've seen people getting RP points for being a security guard (Of my own RP) when they've literally just stood there. That's not right, is it?

No, it isn't right. I agree that RP points are given not for the effort and detailed RP they get into, it's a matter of how good a certain dupe looks. Right now, that's what gets the RP points. But what if you aren't a great builder; however you still have exceptional skills as a role-player? These people don't get rewarded for their effort and detail, which is what is should really be given for.

With those ending words, this thread can be closed.
I give RP points to those who deserve it. If ie I were to give all the customers an RP point just because they were in the shop/restaurant that got an RP point, then everyone would have 50 RP points. You're not obliged to recieve an RP point just because you was in a shop/restaurant that recieved an RP point. That's not how it works.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Chumps
Did you even read what he wrote, according to him, he obviously deserves a point more than some of the others? Seen from a neutral perspective, that is.
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Joram