[FIX] Can't hear the radio or loading music?
Hello everyone!
So recently I've seen a lot of people complaining about either not hearing the radio or not hearing the loading music. I've decided instead of telling everyone one by one it'd be much easier if I make a thread with the solution to fixing it.

All the radio is, is just a page that opens when you type /evoradio on, but you don't see this as the page is hidden, and this page has a flash radio player on. Same with the loading screen that has a flash player. GMod uses it's own sort of browser, so your normal flash player won't actually work for it, so you have to download one for "other browsers".

You can grab this download from the official Adobe site here- http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
Once here, select your operating system and in step two select "Flash Player 14 for Other Browsers". This should solve your problem, make sure to restart your PC after you've done this so it can finalise the installation. If you have any issues pop a reply below and I'll try give you some help!
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The following 5 users Like Wood's post:
  • Arxxy, NotSep, Suarez, EuanJ97, FNRP-HeyyMelodiz
Thanks Wood!
The following 1 user Likes Suarez's post:
  • Wood
I followed these steps, it works but the songs cut out half way through for a few seconds and come back on?
(08-07-2014, 09:56 PM)EuanJ97 Wrote: I followed these steps, it works but the songs cut out half way through for a few seconds and come back on?

Erh, that sounds like a connection problem. Can you please visit this URL - http://91.121.222.153/fearless/car and see if they cut out on there.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Works fine here
Try this:
When you are joining the server and in the loading page, do SHIFT+TAB and then go to the sound manager of windows. The you will see a program called Awelisium i think. Just put the volume of it in the maximum and then you hear the loading music and the radio! Thanks.
The following 1 user Likes MrGamer903's post:
  • Wood
I had the problem with the car and not the intro music.

I have a trivial question, if it works by a hidden browser how does it muffle it or make it go quiet whenever your away from the car, or listen to other peoples with out turning on yours?
I have flash player for other browsers installed, radio doesn't work.
I have set the volume of the radio to 100% using /evoradio settings, radio still doesn't work.
My awesomium core's volume is set to 100%, nothing is coming out of it.
The loading screen music works fine, and when I check the Awesomium Core, it actually shows that there is something playing.
I can see multiple awesomium processes(9 of them, to be exact), is it supposed to be like that?
i have self control
That may be something with your headphones/speaker settings
(08-08-2014, 09:23 AM)GeneralSirens Wrote: I had the problem with the car and not the intro music.

I have a trivial question, if it works by a hidden browser how does it muffle it or make it go quiet whenever your away from the car, or listen to other peoples with out turning on yours?

When in range of the car it just opens the hidden page, then when you go away it just closes it, it doesn't actually fade in this version.

Quote:I have flash player for other browsers installed, radio doesn't work.
I have set the volume of the radio to 100% using /evoradio settings, radio still doesn't work.
My awesomium core's volume is set to 100%, nothing is coming out of it.
The loading screen music works fine, and when I check the Awesomium Core, it actually shows that there is something playing.
I can see multiple awesomium processes(9 of them, to be exact), is it supposed to be like that?

Can you please go here and tell me if you can hear anything - http://91.121.222.153/fearless/car
Kind Regards,
Wood.