Doctor Internet
(06-12-2014, 06:18 PM)Bonoalex Wrote:
Quote:By the loud-ass siren on their car?

Anyone could do that. And as you say 'loud-ass', because you were spamming it through your microphone so loudly, it didn't even sound like a siren to me at first. And the microphone range is pretty small in the game, so the functionality of a siren like that is doubtful.

But let's not forget you were not an undercover agent, but a traffic unit wearing a suit and driving a BMW. (I did add a screenshot of the playerlist as well, showing your custom job)

You are constantly dodging the facts: you were a traffic unit within the police force, wearing multiple suits, driving sports/racing cars. Not forgetting about the sexual harassment and insulting.

You can try and keep changing the discussion to whether or not it forces people to metagame, but that's not the core of the discussion. If you have anything of interest to add, feel free to reply. If not, let's wait for an administrator to close this threat.

Sexual harassment, what are you smoking?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Quote:Sexual harassment, what are you smoking?

Yes indeed, sexual harassment. I would like to refer to the 2-4 screenshots of the second link, provided as evidence. Sexual harassment includes many things, like your unwanted sexual comments and offers.
Quote:Inform about being a officer governmental in cars.

Thanks for adding something that has already been added by Doctor Internet, quite useful.
But how are you involved in this?

Please don't bother replying, thanks.

People seem to keep making false analogies, while this case has essential differences from the one you keep refering to.

And to the admins: why did my car get removed and did I get warned by an admin ingame a while ago, because I was a police officer driving a Volvo, if this seems to be allowed? It was my first and last warning, the admin said. Well I do understand it, because it's failRP.

As I stated before: "Please, take actions. Not particularly for me, but for the sake of the server. If you allow this, all police officers will run around with a suit and drive around in any random vehicle, other than a police car."

I would like to add a quote from the rules Q&A by Narcotic,
Quote:Are you only allowed to wear suits if you're a citizen?

Answer:
Yes
also quick point the 'piss off' comment was in character, im pretty sure thats allowed for RP purposes
(06-12-2014, 09:27 PM)irnbrucan Wrote: also quick point the 'piss off' comment was in character, im pretty sure thats allowed for RP purposes

I assume the admins give those three blokes interfering with this ban request, without even being slightly involved, a warning or something.

And does it suit a RP situation if I start talking to him OOC, asking him to change to a ordinary cop (which indeed is an OOC question), with him responding using the words 'mate piss off'. What is the RP purpose in saying 'piss off' here? It's in fact an IC answer to an OOC question.

And I am not asking you to reply again, irnbrucan, you have said enough.
Hmm.

Quote:Are you only allowed to wear suits if you're a citizen?

Answer:
Yes
[/quote]

So you saying that the admins ban everyone who wear suits as a gun dealer, medic, BMD, Corelone, Chef, Doctor, Guard etc?

This seems to be one of those times that the Q+A is overridden by common sense.

EDIT: Don't lie in the courthouse, you were mentioned on my other BR, as a friend of the person who posted it. Is the reason you posted this because the other one is failing and you are all looking for a reason to get me banned?

(06-10-2014, 07:45 PM)Mints Wrote: Point 3: You owned the 2 doors leading from the lobby to the 2 rooms next to it, your contrabase and another room. You did not own the doors that lead from the street to the lobby, which I was just using to get to my friend's, bonoalex', apartment, but you gave me no time to explain since you already requested the demote.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Quote:So you saying that the admins ban everyone who wear suits as a gun dealer, medic, BMD, Corelone, Chef, Doctor, Guard etc?

EDIT: Don't lie in the courthouse, you were mentioned on my other BR, as a friend of the person who posted it. Is the reason you posted this because the other one is failing and you are all looking for a reason to get me banned?

The reason I'm posting this, is that I don't want to see every single cop walking around in a suit or whatever. Also I did and still do think you broke multiple rules, which I think is pathetic at your amount of playtime. Also because your overall attitude and behaviour is bad in my oppinion. For example, when I wanted to go to the appartment I bought, you, someone else (I reckon he's a friend of yours, which is no problem) and Aryba were at the bottom floor. When I came in Aryba instantly took a weapon and he started aiming at me, forcing me to get out of the appartments. You didn't have a weapon, but you were the one taking advantage of his ignorance of the rules. When I was outside and when Aryba thought I didn't walk fast enough, he shot me to death. I know you were not the one breaking the rules at this point, because you were just standing there, wachting, probably laughing, after you let Aryba break the rules for you. That was another reason for me to post this ban request.

This has nothing to do with another BR. I was planning to post this anyway. But how does the reason to post a BR influence the fact that you broke the rules?
(06-13-2014, 05:54 AM)Bonoalex Wrote:
Quote:So you saying that the admins ban everyone who wear suits as a gun dealer, medic, BMD, Corelone, Chef, Doctor, Guard etc?

The reason I'm posting this, is that I don't want to see every single cop walking around in a suit or whatever. Also I did and still do think you broke multiple rules, which I think is pathetic at your amount of playtime. Also because your overall attitude and behaviour is bad in my oppinion. For example, when I wanted to go to the appartment I bought, you, someone else (I reckon he's a friend of yours, which is no problem) and Aryba were at the bottom floor. When I came in Aryba instantly took a weapon and he started aiming at me, forcing me to get out of the appartments. You didn't have a weapon, but you were the one taking advantage of his ignorance of the rules. When I was outside and when Aryba thought I didn't walk fast enough, he shot me to death. I know you were not the one breaking the rules at this point, because you were just standing there, wachting, probably laughing, after you let Aryba break the rules for you. That was another reason for me to post this ban request.

This has nothing to do with another BR. I was planning to post this anyway. But how does the reason to post a BR influence the fact that you broke the rules?

I had nothing to do with that. I couldn't intervene as I didn't have a weapon. And is it really my fault for rule breaks between two parties that are not myself? Would I be responsible for every rule break on the server ever, because I "don't do enough to stop it." Please tell me how this perverse logic makes sense to you. May I also remind you that there is a rule on back seat administration.

I'm now going to go through every one of your points.

Quote:At first, Doctor Internet had been a police officer/sergeant, wearing different types of suits and dresses and driving different types of non-governmental vehicles
Allowed, as proven by linked ban request.

Quote:After I vocally asked him if there was a possibility to become an ordinary cop, he told me to piss off and basically kept on speeding through the city in his fancy BMW,
You were interfering in my duty, I have every right to tell you to piss off when I am trying to ticket someone. However, I have no proof of what you said, since you said it over mic.

Quote:later on he showed off his splendid white Murcielago and
The said Lambo was being impounded by another officer, who wasn't me. Stop lying in the courthouse.

Quote:wonderful female dress.
I did?

Quote:What a versatile cop.
[/sarcasm]

Quote:The other day I encountered him while he was standing in his store, micspamming music through the apartments building
It had a source, and has been allowed before by admins and moderators. Latest example was it allowed by [FL:M] Burnett. It also had a source (at least two speakers)

Quote: He wanted me to tell him for what charge I was going to post a ban request on him. He started offering me sexual treatment.
So? Tongue in cheek humour is a speciality of mine.

Quote: same evening I saw Doctor Internet insulted someone in OOC, of which I took a screenshot.
Already addressed in the other BR, no need to bring it up here aswell.

Quote:And an overall bad attitude and behaviour.
Which is not a reason for a ban.

Quote:however you either drove one, or you were the passenger.
I drove my BMW, the lambo was being driven by the other traffic unit, who I note you have kept out of this BR, despite the fact he was doing the exact same thing I was.

Quote:And I didn't say a traffic unit is not allowed.
You did by posting a BR on me for that reason.

Quote:To illustrate what I mean, I made a nice little game for you
Because I'm 2, and need pretty pictures to understand your point. Take your attitude someplace else. And besides, your 2nd picture shows a motorcycle cop and an officer with a speed gun. All cops in EvoCity have speed guns. You haven't made a point.

Quote:OT - Within the UK there is unmarked police cars like the BMW M3 Sports car to keep up with criminals. Here is one -
A valid point here.

Quote:They do, in multiple ways. For example when you look at a person, not expecting it's a cop, you can see it's a cop without any roleplaying whatsoever. How could someone in real life know whether another person is an undercover police officer, without seeing an ID card?
Well, that's the fault of the metagamer, isn't it? Not the cop who is trying to enhance RP and catch criminals.

Quote:I do understand it, because it's failRP.
Because you are an administrator who checks this sort of thing on a daily basis, I'm sure.

Quote:I assume the admins give those three blokes interfering with this ban request, without even being slightly involved, a warning or something.
They make valid points, I believe that it's allowed. However, I may be wrong on that.

Quote:The reason I'm posting this, is that I don't want to see every single cop walking around in a suit or whatever.
That was the one time I wore a suit as a cop in over 1300 hours.

Quote:Also I did and still do think you broke multiple rules, which I think is pathetic at your amount of playtime
Hmm. Please Ad Hominem more.

Quote:. For example, when I wanted to go to the appartment I bought, you, someone else (I reckon he's a friend of yours, which is no problem) and Aryba were at the bottom floor.
I recon there's a hidden message in this quote.

Quote:You didn't have a weapon, but you were the one taking advantage of his ignorance of the rules.

No, I wasn't.

Quote:outside and when Aryba thought I didn't walk fast enough, he shot me to death
Then post a BR on him?

Quote: know you were not the one breaking the rules at this point, because you were just standing there, wachting, probably laughing, after you let Aryba break the rules for you. That was another reason for me to post this ban request.
Because you're God and know what I am doing at all times. As I said before, my point. Also, if I wasn't the one breaking rules, why bring this up in a BR on me?

Quote:This has nothing to do with another BR. I was planning to post this anyway.
Then why did it take two days for you to post? And why only post after the other BR on me had enough evidence to support my side of the story?

This just got sent to me.
[Image: Police-1Lead.jpg]
[Image: unmarkedCopCarx.jpg]
[Image: undercover.jpg]
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Quote:I had nothing to do with that. I couldn't intervene as I didn't have a weapon. And is it really my fault for rule breaks between two parties that are not myself? Would I be responsible for every rule break on the server ever, because I "don't do enough to stop it." Please tell me how this perverse logic makes sense to you. May I also remind you that there is a rule on back seat administration.
That's not what I said. I neither said that you were responsible for his rule break or that you had to stop him. But the fact that you were walking next to him while he aimed at me, both telling me to leave. You make it sound like you couldn't do anything to stop him, but actually you didn't even want him to stop. Again, I am not saying you had to stop him.

Quote:
Quote:At first, Doctor Internet had been a police officer/sergeant, wearing different types of suits and dresses and driving different types of non-governmental vehicles
How does a ban request on you driving in a BMW prove that you are allowed to wear suits? And also, the fact that one administrator said that you are not bound to driving a particular vehicle doesn't make it a rule, since I have been warned by another admin for the exact same reason.

And again, you cannot keep referring to that ban request as it's a false analogie, since it has essential differences from this case.

Quote:You were interfering in my duty, I have every right to tell you to piss off when I am trying to ticket someone. However, I have no proof of what you said, since you said it over mic.
You were sitting in your car, standing still. You didn't seem busy trying to ticket someone, but I have no prove of that. Though the logs can probably confirm you were not busy giving someone a ticket or whatever. Maybe an admin could check the logs for if he gave someone a ticket a short while after he said "piss off", because if it couldn't be found in the logs he must be lying, which I do suspect.

Quote:The said Lambo was being impounded by another officer, who wasn't me. Stop lying in the courthouse.

You quoted the first thing I said about that, while I said this already:
Quote:I do believe you do not own a Murcielago, however you either drove one, or you were the passenger.
I am not sure if the logs can show whether or not someone entered a particular vehicle. If the logs do show that, maybe an admin should check them. I am absolutely sure you got out of that white Murcielago, not on your way to the impound garage.

Quote:
I did?
Yes, you wore a female dress for a while as well. I am pretty sure it was the purple one. But to prove it, the admins might want to check the logs.

Quote:
Quote:The other day I encountered him while he was standing in his store, micspamming music through the apartments building
It had a source, and has been allowed before by admins and moderators. Latest example was it allowed by [FL:M] Burnett. It also had a source (at least two speakers)
I don't have evidence of your micspam, which means it's not an important factor. I didn't see the source, but I believe you had one. It was quite annoying though, because you heared it through the whole appartment apart from the top floor.

Quote:He wanted me to tell him for what charge I was going to post a ban request on him. He started offering me sexual treatment.
Maybe it's not a good speciality.

Quote:I drove my BMW, the lambo was being driven by the other traffic unit, who I note you have kept out of this BR, despite the fact he was doing the exact same thing I was.
I know there was another guy, named Doctor Hooves, doing the same thing. He had (tell me if I'm wrong) approximately 180 hours of playtime on the server. I didn't get evidence of him doing the same thing unfortunately, but I honestly focussed more on you, because he just seemed to follow your example, the example of a player with 1300 hours. - If a player with such a playtime told me something like this was allowed, I would have probably believed him at first. - But if I did manage to get evidence of him doing the same thing, I would have added it to this ban request.

Quote:
You still don't get the point. I didn't post a BR on you because you were a traffic unit, I posted it because you were a traffic unit with a suit/dress and driving a BMW. And the other stated reasons.

Quote:And besides, your 2nd picture shows a motorcycle cop and an officer with a speed gun. All cops in EvoCity have speed guns. You haven't made a point.
Quote:You do not know what a traffic unit is, do you? A traffic unit is in fact the kind of police officer that uses a speed gun to see if someone is speeding or not. The only kind of police officer that does eventually wear a suit, is a detective. And being a detective is merely allowed as a citizen with a custom job. Undercover police officers do not wear suits. And if you wanted to be an undercover agent, why not change job to "Undercover police officer" instead of "traffic unit"? I have made my point.

[quote][quote]I assume the admins give those three blokes interfering with this ban request, without even being slightly involved, a warning or something.
They make valid points, I believe that it's allowed. However, I may be wrong on that.
Quote:You are only allowed to write in one of these topics, if you are:
the accused player
the accusing player
a witness or in any other IMPORTANT relation to the Ban Request.
This quote says enough.

Quote:
Quote:outside and when Aryba thought I didn't walk fast enough, he shot me to death
Then post a BR on him?
The reason why I didn't post a ban request on Aryba, was because my recording programs were not working as expected.

Quote:Then why did it take two days for you to post? And why only post after the other BR on me had enough evidence to support my side of the story?
I was quite busy with the final weeks before the vacation at school. School is more important to me than posting a ban request, my apologies.

Quote:
Quote:Also I did and still do think you broke multiple rules, which I think is pathetic at your amount of playtime
Ad hominem or not, this is my oppinion about it.

Quote:This just got sent to me.
Irrelevant. None of them is a traffic unit.
(06-13-2014, 01:53 PM)Bonoalex Wrote:
Quote:I had nothing to do with that. I couldn't intervene as I didn't have a weapon. And is it really my fault for rule breaks between two parties that are not myself? Would I be responsible for every rule break on the server ever, because I "don't do enough to stop it." Please tell me how this perverse logic makes sense to you. May I also remind you that there is a rule on back seat administration.
That's not what I said. I neither said that you were responsible for his rule break or that you had to stop him. But the fact that you were walking next to him while he aimed at me, both telling me to leave. You make it sound like you couldn't do anything to stop him, but actually you didn't even want him to stop. Again, I am not saying you had to stop him.
I couldn't do anything. I am bound by the rules on back-seat administration. The only thing I could do was ask him his reason, and post a BR on him for it.

Quote:
Quote:
How does a ban request on you driving in a BMW prove that you are allowed to wear suits? And also, the fact that one administrator said that you are not bound to driving a particular vehicle doesn't make it a rule, since I have been warned by another admin for the exact same reason.
Well, it proves that at least one administrator believes that.

Quote:And again, you cannot keep referring to that ban request as it's a false analogie, since it has essential differences from this case.
The difference being that that was denied, and you want this one accepted?

Quote:
Quote:You were interfering in my duty, I have every right to tell you to piss off when I am trying to ticket someone. However, I have no proof of what you said, since you said it over mic.
You were sitting in your car, standing still. You didn't seem busy trying to ticket someone, but I have no prove of that. Though the logs can probably confirm you were not busy giving someone a ticket or whatever. Maybe an admin could check the logs for if he gave someone a ticket a short while after he said "piss off", because if it couldn't be found in the logs he must be lying, which I do suspect.
Your screenshot shows me not in a car, but standing on the road. Are you again lying in the courthouse?

Quote:
Quote:The said Lambo was being impounded by another officer, who wasn't me. Stop lying in the courthouse.

You quoted the first thing I said about that, while I said this already:
Quote:I do believe you do not own a Murcielago, however you either drove one, or you were the passenger.
I am not sure if the logs can show whether or not someone entered a particular vehicle. If the logs do show that, maybe an admin should check them. I am absolutely sure you got out of that white Murcielago, not on your way to the impound garage.
The Lambo you are talking about was being impounded by another officer, who I was escorting.

Quote:
Quote:
I did?
Yes, you wore a female dress for a while as well. I am pretty sure it was the purple one. But to prove it, the admins might want to check the logs.
I do not own a purple dress.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have evidence of your micspam, which means it's not an important factor. I didn't see the source, but I believe you had one. It was quite annoying though, because you heared it through the whole appartment apart from the top floor.
Well, as said in the suggestions thread on contra having constant noise, annoying people living near you are a problem in real life. I'm afraid that RP is something you have to follow.

Quote:
Quote:He wanted me to tell him for what charge I was going to post a ban request on him. He started offering me sexual treatment.
Maybe it's not a good speciality.
Perhaps not, but it is one.

Quote:
Quote:I drove my BMW, the lambo was being driven by the other traffic unit, who I note you have kept out of this BR, despite the fact he was doing the exact same thing I was.
I know there was another guy, named Doctor Hooves, doing the same thing. He had (tell me if I'm wrong) approximately 180 hours of playtime on the server. I didn't get evidence of him doing the same thing unfortunately, but I honestly focussed more on you, because he just seemed to follow your example, the example of a player with 1300 hours. - If a player with such a playtime told me something like this was allowed, I would have probably believed him at first. - But if I did manage to get evidence of him doing the same thing, I would have added it to this ban request.[/quote][/quote]
He's standing right next to me in one of your pieces of evidence. You saying that it's so impossible to turn 20 degrees and press F12?

Quote:
Quote:
You still don't get the point. I didn't post a BR on you because you were a traffic unit, I posted it because you were a traffic unit with a suit/dress and driving a BMW. And the other stated reasons.
The main point of a traffic unit is to drive a car that can keep up with criminals. The only two that really fit are the BMW M3 and the Lambo.

Quote:
Quote:And besides, your 2nd picture shows a motorcycle cop and an officer with a speed gun. All cops in EvoCity have speed guns. You haven't made a point.
Quote:You do not know what a traffic unit is, do you? A traffic unit is in fact the kind of police officer that uses a speed gun to see if someone is speeding or not. The only kind of police officer that does eventually wear a suit, is a detective. And being a detective is merely allowed as a citizen with a custom job. Undercover police officers do not wear suits. And if you wanted to be an undercover agent, why not change job to "Undercover police officer" instead of "traffic unit"? I have made my point.
Your point being that because of the title I choose not being suitable to you, means that it deserves a ban? And also, you don't seem to understand. A speed trap will deal with speeding. A traffic unit deals with ALL traffic related crime.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:I assume the admins give those three blokes interfering with this ban request, without even being slightly involved, a warning or something.
Quote:You are only allowed to write in one of these topics, if you are:
the accused player
the accusing player
a witness or in any other IMPORTANT relation to the Ban Request.
This quote says enough.

Quote:...or in any other IMPORTANT relation to the...
I do believe it does.

Quote:
Quote:
Then post a BR on him?
The reason why I didn't post a ban request on Aryba, was because my recording programs were not working as expected.
Okay.

Quote:
Quote:Then why did it take two days for you to post? And why only post after the other BR on me had enough evidence to support my side of the story?
I was quite busy with the final weeks before the vacation at school. School is more important to me than posting a ban request, my apologies.
As am I. I have a week of exams starting now, and I should be revising instead of having to reply to this.

Quote:
Quote:
Ad hominem or not, this is my oppinion about it.
Quote:Smart people argue the point, others argue the person.
Apt quote.

Quote:
Quote:This just got sent to me.
Irrelevant. None of them is a traffic unit.
They are. All of them are traffic units.
Yours
Doctor Internet;