Why is backseat administration a rule?
(05-22-2014, 11:22 AM)Jan Wrote: I wouldn't even say arresting someone for propkilling is backseat administration, for example if you'd kill someone in real life with an object you'd also be punished for it.

I do agree with that. The thing is just that the minge is probably using a psychic gun ( spelled wrong ) that isn't from the real world.
It is a rule because it is not our jobs as players to kill or arrest rule breakers for their action. We could either tell a admin or make a ban request in the BR section.
Allow me to provide a practical example of why backseat admin is a bad idea, always.

Firstly, let me address my first point, no matter how much you would like someone to receive justice for their actions, killing them, arresting them, etc. Will NOT give the person the true justice they deserve. An example of which can be found, here. Watch the officer try to arrest the minge, the minge just reconnects. Also, during that time, many people killed the minge (backseat admin) and the minge just decided to break NLR to come back.

Backseat admin does not help in any way, shape or form. It is just like adding more wood to a fire. It will just fuel the minge more.

Instead, take screenshots, record demos and upload them. Then true justice will be served, with a side dish of possible apology.
(05-22-2014, 11:00 AM)Enzyme Wrote: Remember that they do this to cause havoc and reactions among the players. They want to destroy for others, and feeding them attention only motivates them further. One should get evidence and make a BR/contact an admin instead. Don't feed the trolls, and just try to avoid them. I know that's easier said than done, but that's sadly just how it is.

Asking an admin? Heck, when we had minges online I asked Venom three times. I even said, "This guy keeps prop killing and prop pushing our cars. We need an admin PLEASE." Still didn't come on. And, as I said in my thread, it's hard to get evidence when being prop killed from far away. It is then a time consuming process in order to get the name of the minge. Also, in regards to feeding them, they basically controled the city with thier mingy-ness
"Curiosity is the essence of human exsistence."-Gene Cernan, Apollo 17 Crew

"The power of space is to raise our aspirations to those things that are possible if we will commit."- Gene Kranz, NASA Flight Control

"Given the desire to do it, humans can accomplish almost anything." -Jim Lovell, Apollo 13
(05-22-2014, 06:59 PM)Buzz_Aldrin Wrote: Asking an admin? Heck, when we had minges online I asked Venom three times. I even said, "This guy keeps prop killing and prop pushing our cars. We need an admin PLEASE." Still didn't come on. And, as I said in my thread, it's hard to get evidence when being prop killed from far away. It is then a time consuming process in order to get the name of the minge. Also, in regards to feeding them, they basically controled the city with thier mingy-ness

I hope you will realise at some point that we aren't a bunch of robots, we have stuff to do in Real Life.
Some of us are revising for upcomming exams or working towards some other important task because around this time of the Year that's exactly what's going to happen like it or not.
Also nobody said that helping has got to be easy all the time, if you like to contribute to the community by posting a Ban Request then do it but if you dont then you have no rights to complain about us not doing anything about it.

And if you still think that this rule should be removed then by all means stick to your opinion but dont go complaining if you get punished when you are caught enforcing stuff on Rulebreaks.
[Image: cuAfUK9.gif]
To be honest I'm gonna go of what jan said here, props are considered objects in character, so if you killed someone with a random object you would still get arrested for it. To be honest it would be helpful anyways because the minge wouldn't be able to do anything if hes handcuffed. You can rp it and people get a 5 minute break from the minge to try and salvage their RP's.
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
What is the point of posting ban request, if you can not gather evidence( like buzz mentioned) usually admins don't bother looking through logs, unless it involves admin or his friends/someone who he don't like
(05-24-2014, 05:55 AM)Borovichok Wrote: What is the point of posting ban request, if you can not gather evidence( like buzz mentioned) usually admins don't bother looking through logs, unless it involves admin or his friends/someone who he don't like

And where do you have this "knowledge" from?
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator