Why is backseat administration a rule?
In the past two months, there have been around 6 minges on v33x. They always tried to prop kill, so we then always tried to arrest or kill them. Then there's that one guy in OOC, saying: "You're breaking backseat admin!!!"
My question is: why is that a rule?
It only makes sense to arrest or kill someone who kills others, that's proper RP. But why would we get in trouble for that. To me, that doesn't seem logical. Sometimes, we get prop killed or proppushed from affar, and we don't see the players name on the prop, so then we can't put up a BR. We then have to snipe the player in order to kill him, then run to citizen spawn to get his name. This is very very time-consuming, and I think that backseat admin for stuff like proppush and prop kill should be allowed, only because its logical. Wouldn't you defend yourself IRL if someone was just killing people with props? I would. And I think you would too.
"Curiosity is the essence of human exsistence."-Gene Cernan, Apollo 17 Crew

"The power of space is to raise our aspirations to those things that are possible if we will commit."- Gene Kranz, NASA Flight Control

"Given the desire to do it, humans can accomplish almost anything." -Jim Lovell, Apollo 13
I honestly think it is a rule just for the simple fact difference of OOC and IC. As propkilling or proppushing is an OOC rule it would not be an IC reason to arrest them. Pretty much as combining OOC and IC like selling gift cards for donator, is not allowed... My opinion at least.

EDIT

Yeah also what fiddle said
Kind regards,
Tmdirtbike.
It's a double negative, you can't justify rule breakage with more rule breakage. It's just better to let the administrators do their job.
The following 1 user Likes Fiddlestiiicks's post:
  • NotSep
It would ultimately lead to killing of people, that didn't break the rules. A large part of the player base doesn't know the rules good enough to effectively enforce them. When is a rule infringement large enough to result in getting killed? Arrested? I can promise you that it would result in random raids against rule infringing bases - definitely not a good way to educate people on the rules.
(05-22-2014, 07:43 AM)Joykill Wrote: It would ultimately lead to killing of people, that didn't break the rules. A large part of the player base doesn't know the rules good enough to effectively enforce them. When is a rule infringement large enough to result in getting killed? Arrested? I can promise you that it would result in random raids against rule infringing bases - definitely not a good way to educate people on the rules.

Basically this.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(05-22-2014, 09:04 AM)Enzyme Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 07:43 AM)Joykill Wrote: It would ultimately lead to killing of people, that didn't break the rules. A large part of the player base doesn't know the rules good enough to effectively enforce them. When is a rule infringement large enough to result in getting killed? Arrested? I can promise you that it would result in random raids against rule infringing bases - definitely not a good way to educate people on the rules.

Basically this.

I can understand this but what about when there is a minge spamming props, prop killing etc and we have no way to stop him as there is no admin on surely then an arrest, taze or kill is an effective way to stop him, even for 20 seconds?
Remember that they do this to cause havoc and reactions among the players. They want to destroy for others, and feeding them attention only motivates them further. One should get evidence and make a BR/contact an admin instead. Don't feed the trolls, and just try to avoid them. I know that's easier said than done, but that's sadly just how it is.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(05-22-2014, 11:00 AM)Enzyme Wrote: Remember that they do this to cause havoc and reactions among the players. They want to destroy for others, and feeding them attention only motivates them further. One should get evidence and make a BR/contact an admin instead. Don't feed the trolls, and just try to avoid them. I know that's easier said than done, but that's sadly just how it is.

Suppose so, it just feels like maybe this is a reason we need more ranks such as "trusted" or "helper" etc - simple ranks even with just /votekick or something like that. Of course - thats the admins decision to make a suggestion about that though. **wink wink** **nudge nudge**
(05-22-2014, 11:03 AM)Jamester Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 11:00 AM)Enzyme Wrote: Remember that they do this to cause havoc and reactions among the players. They want to destroy for others, and feeding them attention only motivates them further. One should get evidence and make a BR/contact an admin instead. Don't feed the trolls, and just try to avoid them. I know that's easier said than done, but that's sadly just how it is.

Suppose so, it just feels like maybe this is a reason we need more ranks such as "trusted" or "helper" etc - simple ranks even with just /votekick or something like that. Of course - thats the admins decision to make a suggestion about that though. **wink wink** **nudge nudge**

I can just imagine how many times I'm gonna use vote kick on Jan <3
The following 2 users Like Bowiii's post:
  • James_Gaff, Fiddlestiiicks
I wouldn't even say arresting someone for propkilling is backseat administration, for example if you'd kill someone in real life with an object you'd also be punished for it.
The following 3 users Like Jan's post:
  • Bowiii, Craz, James_Gaff