FearRP Questions
I have some questions about FearRP.
(For those reading this post, FearRP can also mean FailRP as in not roleplaying correctly Tounge)

Ok. Here's some cop FearRP Questions.

1. When a man is pointing a Assault rifle at you (at the time you are a cop with a pistol out) do you still have to act scared or shoot?

Reason for this question is I have seen some cop videos on youtube like this.
In a video, a cop is doing a traffic stop, and the man in the car pulls a pistol out and almost shoots the cop and the cop see's this before the gun is pointed at him, pulls his gun out, and starts shooting as the driver starts pressing the gas pedal.
So in-game, would this be FearRP? as the man is starting to point a gun at you but you see this and shoot him to protect yourself from harm? Or would it be considered RDM/FearRP?
[Image: Brapierwit2%20Alt%20Signature.png]
Always do what you are afraid to do -Ralph Waldo Emerson
You should be scared and cautiou s if the gun is bigger than yours - rifle sniper etc.... Try to talk him down while trying to get to safety.
What if its like the mans gun in the video I saw? He just had a pistol he was pulling out. Diffrent situation or same as you said?
If its just a pistol and you have one too dont just open fire. Tell him to drop it and get on the floor. If that fails fire a warning shot or into his(or her) leg. If all else fails hide for cover and get backup.
But as a cop you have a duty to protect citizens, but yourself to. And the cop in the video imeadiately once he saw hostile activity as its harder in game as you don't have to take 10 seconds to get a gun you just spawn it in
In fact it doesn't matter what gun your opponent have. If both parties have guns pointed at each other, fear roleplay is not applying. And you may attack, if you wish to
The following 1 user Likes Prosto's post:
  • Rylund
(05-08-2014, 12:04 AM)Jamester Wrote: You should be scared and cautiou s if the gun is bigger than yours - rifle sniper etc.... Try to talk him down while trying to get to safety.

Size and price of the gun doesn't matter.
We don't do a who-has-a-bigger-gun-wins-the-fearRP.
All guns are lethal, and it only takes one bullet to the head to take someone out, so if a cop with a USP is having a mexican standoff with a corleone with a Tommygun, then they are both at a standstill, but this doesn't mean that the cop shouldn't RP being afraid of the corleone with the bigger gun.

If someone is aiming a gun at a police-officer, then this officer can open fire as his life is in danger.

TLDR: The size doesn't matter. Cops can shoot if they are being aimed at (Not in hostage-situations)
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(05-09-2014, 10:02 AM)Enzyme Wrote: We don't do a who-has-a-bigger-gun-wins-the-fearRP.
All guns are lethal, and it only takes one bullet to the head to take someone out, so if a cop with a USP is having a mexican standoff with a corleone with a Tommygun, then they are both at a standstill, but this doesn't mean that the cop shouldn't RP being afraid of the corleone with the bigger gun.

If someone is aiming a gun at a police-officer, then this officer can open fire as his life is in danger.

TLDR: The size doesn't matter. Cops can shoot if they are being aimed at (Not in hostage-situations)

I wish we had mexican standoffs, that'd be so awesome.
FearRP is a touchy subject, I'll put it in the way I see it.

Act as if you were the character in that situation, put yourself in the game and think about how your character would feel if he had a gun pointed as his head.

E.g

A man with an assault rifle aims at another man, but that man already had a gun out in the first place. This would be classed as breaking FearRP, since you'd be shitting yourself when held at gunpoint.

A man with a pistol aims at you and tells you to get on the ground, you don't then run off you meet his demands otherwise you die.

We use it in HL2RP all the time, actually it plays a big part in the Roleplay and events.