[Bug]Silent Engine
Title of Bug:Silent Engine

Description:I recently realised that engines can go completely silent, i thought this was just a sound glitch but after some testing i realised it wasnt (as other people couldnt hear the engine either). So as to how it works, if a car has reached its top speed (regardless of its normal top speed or one that has been restricted by a cruise control) and the driver quickly releases and presses W (short enough so it doesnt make a difference to the speed) the engine goes completely silent until the speed is reduced again. This means the car canot be heard unless its making a tight turn (so wheels squealing). Obviously this bug doesnt really affect much other than perhaps CDM (so someone can sneak up at high speeds leaving the victim with no chance to try to escape) and the fact that having silent cars racing through the city is just not realistic.

As for the tests, i tested this in a BMW, a Lamborghini, a Mercedes and a Tides Truck.
If you have any questions, just ask.
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
Moved.
Yes! This is something i noticed as well! I am not sure though if its only silent for me or for others as well
Its silent for others aswell, i asked some people arround the server and all said it was silent, when i then braked and drove off normaly they could hear it again, and thanks for moving this Termin
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
I've had this with the Crown Victoria, usually in pursuits.
Imo car sounds always have been kind of unstable in GMod, especially in a server like CityRP where lagspikes tend to happen.

I'm not sure if this is actually fixable though.
It is fixable with new car sounds, I have custom car sounds and I don't have this bug. I think lightbeer got his own sounds to where he fixed this.
The car sounds usually bug up, and aren't pretty good, as stated above, get custom car sounds.
It would be nice if it was fixed. However, it is sort of pleasant to not hear the growling of the engine every once in a while.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
It is a clientside bug.