A couple of problems i think its time to deal with, help
Hmm, where do i start...
First of all, when joining the servers, it takes a HUGE amount of time, i have no idea why that is, sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes, while for my friend it takes under 1 minute, this really annoys me and i think its time to start looking for help if there is something you can do about it.
Second, there are many things while playing CityRP which makes my FPS (frames per second) fall down into the floor and break, one of those is whenever shots is fired, that never happens in any other FPS (first person shooter) game i play on the source engine, or FPS game at all.
All of these above make my experience of CityRP worse, even if it is the greatest kind of RP i ever played, and if anyone know how to solve atleast one of these things i would be soo happy and enjoy CityRP much more than i already do.
To be blunt you need a better PC
If that is presumably out of the question try:
1. Delete un used adds ons
2. De frag
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Yeah, it's a game's way of telling you your computer is bad. Upgrade your RAM, get a better processor, and unsubscribe from some Workshop addons.
(03-10-2014, 04:18 PM)Barkles Wrote: To be blunt you need a better PC
2. De frag

Thanks Barkles, and roach. I think i will start saving for some new parts(as this was made from parts and not pre-built) and start cleaning, already unsubscribed to almost everything, gonna remove some games i dont use (lol i got like over 110 in my steam libarary, all installed) and so, thanks.
(03-11-2014, 01:19 PM)TheMadTurkey Wrote:
2. De frag

Thanks Barkles, and roach. I think i will start saving for some new parts(as this was made from parts and not pre-built) and start cleaning, already unsubscribed to almost everything, gonna remove some games i dont use (lol i got like over 110 in my steam libarary, all installed) and so, thanks.

It's not Hard Drive space that affects your FPS too much, it's your RAM and Processor. at least 4 GB of RAM is enough to handle GMod properly. I'm not too sure about the Processor too much though. But I hope this helps. Smile
[Image: tNWcqHa.jpg]

Was I derpy enough? Did I help you at all? Rep me if I did!
(03-11-2014, 01:31 PM)megascotty77 Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 01:19 PM)TheMadTurkey Wrote:
2. De frag

It's not Hard Drive space that affects your FPS too much, it's your RAM and Processor. at least 4 GB of RAM is enough to handle GMod properly. I'm not too sure about the Processor too much though. But I hope this helps. Smile

I dont know too much about computers, sorry, what is RAM? Thinking
Get a better computer. That's what I did. Works like a charm. Lag-free
Ram in non technical terms is the stuff that makes your computer browsing go fast. 3 go is plenty for gmod. Also invest in a food CPU, it'll help run everything a lot smoother. Mind listing your computer specs and a budget you're willing to spend? I could help you out
(03-12-2014, 03:54 PM)Jarz Wrote: Ram in non technical terms is the stuff that makes your computer browsing go fast. 3 go is plenty for gmod. Also invest in a food CPU, it'll help run everything a lot smoother. Mind listing your computer specs and a budget you're willing to spend? I could help you out

Buying new things is currently out of option, what can i buy for making the RAM better, if its a proccessor, i dont have a really good one but saving up for one is do-able
if you know what proccessor i could get tell me, my budget is probably around 1500 swedish crowns = (1 pound is around 10-11ish crowns, 1 dollar is 6-7ish crowns, 1 euro is 9-10ish crowns)
(03-12-2014, 03:56 PM)TheMadTurkey Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 03:54 PM)Jarz Wrote: Ram in non technical terms is the stuff that makes your computer browsing go fast. 3 go is plenty for gmod. Also invest in a food CPU, it'll help run everything a lot smoother. Mind listing your computer specs and a budget you're willing to spend? I could help you out

Buying new things is currently out of option, what can i buy for making the RAM better, if its a proccessor, i dont have a really good one but saving up for one is do-able
if you know what proccessor i could get tell me, my budget is probably around 1500 swedish crowns = (1 pound is around 10-11ish crowns, 1 dollar is 6-7ish crowns, 1 euro is 9-10ish crowns)
In order to properly assist you, please provide your computer specs.