Common misconceptions
Seeing as the amount of people making wild assumptions or just not being sure about something has skyrocketed recently, this is a thread containing several pieces of information and advice.

1. "Admins are AFK/ignoring me intentionally"

- In 90% of the situations the staff member is either too busy dealing with other cases to respond to yours immediately. Sometimes if you send one request and the staff member gets a lot of other requests or PMs it may get lost in the clutter. It's an unfortunate occurrence but the only thing you can do is remain calm and wait for your turn. Complaining excessively or repeatedly harassing the staff member or insulting him/her in any way is not the right thing to do and will only bump your priority down.

2.What vehicles can I drive as a rebel? Why can't I drive the Lokus/Supra/etc. they aren't expensive in the Market!

- The market (OOC) price of the vehicle has nothing to do with the IC value of it. Any vehicle that looks brand-new and seems expensive or sporty is not allowed. If you want to be criminals and drive fancy cars, make a custom group while being Citizens.

As a rebel you should drive these cars: Trabant, Tides Truck, VW Golf GTI and borderline acceptable VW Golf MKII. Other vehicles are not allowed.

3. The Strategic Response Unit is patrolling/was ordered to patrol or protect the President.

- The SRU are not, I repeat, NOT the police or bodyguards. That means that they are never supposed to be out on the street patrolling or driving around. The SRU are meant as a high-risk response unit - meaning they are supposed to respond to raids and high-risk missions. They are not the President's bodyguards either, they don't follow him around if he decided to take a walk, that's what the Security Guard job is for. While waiting they can wait on the top floor with the President, but they are not his guards.

4. I donated! I deserve special rights!

- Wrong. You donated to this community in order for it to keep existing and to possible expand. You get certain perks as a "Thank you" for donating. The staff receives no money from donations or any sort of pay for our volunteer work. You do not get to be excused from the rules or a different treatment or any sort of priority over the rest of the community. Stating you donating as an excuse for something only makes matters worse for you.

5. "admin 2 me"

- We won't respond to this. State the reason for @ properly, such as :"There's a propblock here" or "Someone RDMed me". Also, requesting a staff member in OOC chat is not how you will get helped, use @.

6. Government jobs driving other vehicles.

- The SRU/Police/etc. do not use non-government vehicles, especially not sport cars. The only exception would be that the SRU uses Hummers

7. RDM does not mean "Random" it means "Random Death-Match".

- "I was RDMed by that Gun Dealer!" - Correct
- "I was RDM arrested!" (referring to being randomly arrested) - Incorrect
The following 11 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • NotSep, Teh Time Rider, danger.zone, Mist, actor, Bomsusik, Enzyme, GeorgeTheBoy, Weecow, York, Verzyn
Thanks Doomdude! This is really appreciated by those that doesn't know these things.
I can see that you put some of your time and effort into this thread. I hope this will get sticky'ed so people will find this thread much easier!
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • actor
SRU aren't patrol units* is what you mean. They are police, just a different branch.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • yarrrs
Great work!
Kind regards
Morbid
Welsh Donator
Glad you made this thread. Think this should be a need-to-read for all members.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
This should be put in the In-Game F1 menu so people can easily refer to it as not all members of Fearless use the forums and this will explain some issues with players towards admins
Kind Regards,
Arxxy
Fearless Donator

DoomDude1 Wrote:VW Golf GTI and borderline acceptable VW Golf MKII.

Think these are the wrong way round, the GTI is the newer, more expensive one
You should add 3 things,
Just because the police hand cuff you or taze you does not mean they are randomly doing so and should be banned/demoted

Paramedics are not your mobile hospital

Don't run away from the police so much, it can lead to good rp if you don't.
I personally cannot stand it when people say random arrest when I simply handcuff the to detain them after a traffic stop
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • GeneralSirens
(01-28-2014, 08:32 PM)Jarz Wrote: I ersonally cannot stand it when people say random arrest when I simply handcuff the to detain them after a traffic stop

Yeah I've noticed that. You have no idea how many @ calls I get because people are handcuffed and they cry "RANDOM ARREST TO ME NOW".
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 3 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Verzyn, GeneralSirens, yarrrs