Backseat adminning on the server
(07-11-2011, 11:11 AM)*|X|*Y0U*|X|*$UCK*|X|* Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 12:57 AM)s.J. Wrote: Also those guys on the forums going:
I know I shouldn't post here but ...
DON'T do that, realy I'll be handing out bans if this continues

OK. But If you have an RP reason to kill someone and he is a minge doesn't mean you are trying to backseat admin right? I mean just because someone is failing doesn't mean that you must fail too.

He meant that regarding the Ban, Unban and Admin Abuse section, not Ingame. If you have a very good RP reason to kill someone, it doesn't matter if he is a mingebag or not. If you kill him just because he is a minge, then you deserve to be punished too.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
what ruxandra said.
however, i have had times where gundealers would make guns and continually try to kill the president (i was SS, the president was walking around the city at the time) and the people ended up dying anyway. funny how they stopped once they realized that my gun was bigger Tounge
Say a cop/minge starts shooting/raiding you, and you have a gun out - you can't defend yourself? You have to run away?
(07-14-2011, 11:52 PM)Transmission Wrote: Say a cop/minge starts shooting/raiding you, and you have a gun out - you can't defend yourself? You have to run away?

Neither - you call an admin ^_^

If no admins - screenshot + post ban request. Then run away.
may we trap them? like. hes prop killing. then we just put a nice glass prop around him and watch him burn?
(07-17-2011, 02:57 PM)cherryberry Wrote: may we trap them? like. hes prop killing. then we just put a nice glass prop around him and watch him burn?

You obviously don't get the point of this thread. And this is why I thought you got banned ...

No. You obviously cannot propblock players. ffs.
This isn't really backseat administrating, but rather being a Vigilante. Backseat administrating is when you act like you have the authority of an Administrator while not being one.
Idea
(07-15-2011, 01:00 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote:
(07-14-2011, 11:52 PM)Transmission Wrote: Say a cop/minge starts shooting/raiding you, and you have a gun out - you can't defend yourself? You have to run away?

Neither - you call an admin ^_^

If no admins - screenshot + post ban request. Then run away.

but wouldn't defending yourself from a guy with a gun be RP? lol
In my point of view, backseat adminning usually consists in "helping" people by breaking the rules.

Eg: Someone is propblocked in a building and you no-colide a chair to get him out. You see a propkiller and decide to propkill/shoot/arrest him. You see a CarDMer and decide to kill him (Only cops are allowed to intervine).

However is a mingebag tried to kill you with a gun, you are allowed to defend yourself since in RP it's just a maniac out for your guts, and the instincts of survival apply.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
Quote:Someone is propblocked in a building and you no-colide a chair to get him out

The person who did that (COUGH) is a perfect example of "human."
The point is, humans keep on helping eachother. It was completely obvious of this person to help these men, since it's just.. What humans do. It's INhuman to let people suffer. How would you feel if you're stuck in a tiny space, with a damn lot of players around you. People COULD help you, but then someone would scream "BACKSEAATADMINN!!"

It can be backseat adminnin, but it's perfectly human to do, and not wrong imo.

Just sayin'
The following 3 users Like Biowulf's post:
  • 7rozen_7ear_, Satisfaction, Fanump