Backseat adminning on the server
Thumbs Down 
Today I had to ban two decent players for "Backseat adminning" = Delivering punishments to players who are breaking the rules when not being an admin.

For example: A Harry Apple comes up to you and begins punchwhoring you.
You DONT: Tranq/Kill/Taze/Punchback/ Etc etc
You DO: Call an admin/Screenshot and post a ban request

Someone starts propkilling people.
You DONT: Tranq/Kill/Taze/Propkill back Etc etc
You DO: Call an admin either on the server or on steam/ Screenshot and post a ban request

I'll be giving out harsher bans until this stops, you never break a rule to catch a rulebreaker or you're just as bad as them.

Oh god, I have seen this so many times. Especially during the night, so many start doing it to rulebreakers that it turns into chaos.

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
Well,
I guess I was indeed totaly wrong there.

Handy to post this though Smile.
Good. I'm sick and tired of people thinking they are "justicars of peace" and taking the situations in their own hands. It never ends good on both sides. Why risk your freedom on the server just to look like a "badass".
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
That is one of the most important rules, and if you broke a rule because "You wanted the admins to see" and you make a ban request, sometimes they will end up banning you instead/also.

Are players allowed to say casually ".// You cant have those weapons out like that as a police"?
Its just a reminder.
(07-10-2011, 02:03 AM)Dr. Noobias Wrote: Are players allowed to say casually ".// You cant have those weapons out like that as a police"?
Its just a reminder.

Yes of course, without feedback they will do what they want.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Noobias, equal
But the problem with the minge gangs lasts still :S . I mean have you seen 4-5 minges spawn kill you, spawning minivan at spawn and propblocking everything and shouting "I'm DA BEST, MY BROTHER WORKS FOR STEAM!!!" ?But I agree that you shouldn't back seat admin. However if you RP a dangerous criminal which thinks only for money when someone tryes to run you over 10 times an punches you to 50 hp can't you take out a hand gun and kill him? It's RPed after all Smile . And no it won't stop the minge from coming back. I still think the new 10 slots should be admin only .
Also those guys on the forums going:
I know I shouldn't post here but ...
DON'T do that, realy I'll be handing out bans if this continues
-Signature removed-
The following 1 user Likes s.J.'s post:
  • Faustie
(07-11-2011, 12:57 AM)s.J. Wrote: Also those guys on the forums going:

You have to be harsher. They practically admit of knowing it's against the rules but still do it.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(07-11-2011, 12:57 AM)s.J. Wrote: Also those guys on the forums going:

OK. But If you have an RP reason to kill someone and he is a minge doesn't mean you are trying to backseat admin right? I mean just because someone is failing doesn't mean that you must fail too.