Backseat adminning on the server
(07-17-2011, 09:29 PM)Biowulf Wrote:
Quote:Someone is propblocked in a building and you no-colide a chair to get him out

The person who did that (COUGH) is a perfect example of "human."
The point is, humans keep on helping eachother. It was completely obvious of this person to help these men, since it's just.. What humans do. It's INhuman to let people suffer. How would you feel if you're stuck in a tiny space, with a damn lot of players around you. People COULD help you, but then someone would scream "BACKSEAATADMINN!!"

It can be backseat adminnin, but it's perfectly human to do, and not wrong imo.

Just sayin'

The people inside just needed to wait 2-3 minutes for those props to clean up since the player disconnected.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
I think that helping people out of a situation wich they can't solve theirselves within certain circumstances, like being prop blocked, should be allowed until a certain degree. It's not like that would be a 'HELP, I AT ROOF AT BUIDLING PLS HELP ME WITH CHAIR.' situation. It's rather a situation of reacting humanly, and well altough it's backseat adminning this kind of an intervention where the other people aren't in an rp situation due to a (non-rp'ish) disconnect and when they can't solve it without an admin online, who actually are busy with the people and their problems but can't be active all the time due to the fact that admins don't grow on trees and that they have a live to live as well like all of us have, and in a point where an admin would do something similar without any offense, without any ban, without any punishment of the people in question, I use that situation as an example if you didn't notice that. We are humans and we are basically made to function in a society, a community and who are made to help other people when it's needed.
I'm not posting any offense to anyone, nor to the community, nor to possible actions that would be taken in such an event by admins, but being a human is what we all are, and helping people in situations wich they can't solve in the RP nor ooc. The guy who left either possibly tried to avoid an RP situation or tried to annoy people by propblocking them, or he had a gmod crash wich he can't help. If I where one of the victims I would just wait for an admin or for the props to dissappear, but when a random guy approaches me to free me because I'm trapped in an ooc way and because I don't dare to solve it in an ooc way because of the message wich is now broadcasted widely that we're constantly monitored, wich is really great, I think nobody would like to ban that guy for backseat adminning because he wants to do a deed of justice and because he wants to follow his human instinct.
To be honest, I would praise that guy for his way of thinking, because he knows he can be banned for those things and still takes the risk to free a stranger. That's my way of thinking, and to be honest, this is a small part of my philosophy.

I stress that this is not a blame for something that happened/will happen, but this is just a small part of my ratio, and yes, I am a philosopher and if I might say the truth, I wouldn't take such a human action, because I'm scared by this thread by the possible actions that could be taken.

This is my opinion, and I will take the results for giving it publicly.

Kind regards,

7rozen_7ear_

P.S. So what's backseat adminning to me then? It's publicly giving an advice to an admin how to act and react in certain situations like saying in OOC 'Ban him for 5 hours.' etc and acting like you have the authority of an administrator while not being one.

That's my way of thinking, could be wrong tho. I'm always open for suggestions and corrections.
© Nudelholz
The following 3 users Like 7rozen_7ear_'s post:
  • Satisfaction, Fanump, Fish
The disconnected player time is not everytime 2/3 minuts... Today its was 10-15 minuts...
It can takes a long time (or it was just my feeling..)
So just let people help -.-' So stfu ruxandra
The following 1 user Likes Satisfaction's post:
  • Fish
So this is not allowed when somoene punch you and i say do it agian and you will die.
Hes doing tit agian and i kill him?

If thats not allowed its stupid then they should not punch me
(07-17-2011, 10:09 PM)7rozen_7ear_ Wrote: I think that helping people out of a situation wich they can't solve theirselves within certain circumstances, like being prop blocked, should be allowed until a certain degree. It's not like that would be a 'HELP, I AT ROOF AT BUIDLING PLS HELP ME WITH CHAIR.' situation. It's rather a situation of reacting humanly, and well altough it's backseat adminning this kind of an intervention where the other people aren't in an rp situation due to a (non-rp'ish) disconnect and when they can't solve it without an admin online, who actually are busy with the people and their problems but can't be active all the time due to the fact that admins don't grow on trees and that they have a live to live as well like all of us have, and in a point where an admin would do something similar without any offense, without any ban, without any punishment of the people in question, I use that situation as an example if you didn't notice that. We are humans and we are basically made to function in a society, a community and who are made to help other people when it's needed.
I'm not posting any offense to anyone, nor to the community, nor to possible actions that would be taken in such an event by admins, but being a human is what we all are, and helping people in situations wich they can't solve in the RP nor ooc. The guy who left either possibly tried to avoid an RP situation or tried to annoy people by propblocking them, or he had a gmod crash wich he can't help. If I where one of the victims I would just wait for an admin or for the props to dissappear, but when a random guy approaches me to free me because I'm trapped in an ooc way and because I don't dare to solve it in an ooc way because of the message wich is now broadcasted widely that we're constantly monitored, wich is really great, I think nobody would like to ban that guy for backseat adminning because he wants to do a deed of justice and because he wants to follow his human instinct.
To be honest, I would praise that guy for his way of thinking, because he knows he can be banned for those things and still takes the risk to free a stranger. That's my way of thinking, and to be honest, this is a small part of my philosophy.

I stress that this is not a blame for something that happened/will happen, but this is just a small part of my ratio, and yes, I am a philosopher and if I might say the truth, I wouldn't take such a human action, because I'm scared by this thread by the possible actions that could be taken.

This is my opinion, and I will take the results for giving it publicly.

Kind regards,

7rozen_7ear_

P.S. So what's backseat adminning to me then? It's publicly giving an advice to an admin how to act and react in certain situations like saying in OOC 'Ban him for 5 hours.' etc and acting like you have the authority of an administrator while not being one.

That's my way of thinking, could be wrong tho. I'm always open for suggestions and corrections.

I only skim read your block of text, because .. well, it's a block of text.

But yeah, if people are stuck in a roof - and you happen to be nearby and there's no admins on - getting a chair to unstick them is fine.

It's primarily for people who think that because someone punched them once or twice, that's reason enough to murder them - or because someone random raided them, that they can propblock them. These things aren't allowed.

Helping someone is fine (e.g if they're stuck in a roof with no admins on, you can chair them out) - giving out your own punishments for players is not. If a player breaks the rules but there's no admins on, make a ban request. Don't break the rules to get them.

Closed, since people are turning this into a flame war (not you '7rozen_7ear, I just happened to be quoting you Tounge)