[Garry] Garry globally banning people
Problem is, every hard drive that Garry lays a finger on, he's risking a fat fucking lawsuit.

(07-06-2013, 12:51 AM)AvengedFilmsHD Wrote: You deserved it then. I think you should be banned from the forums here, as well... Hacker programs should have some kind of virus that would completely destroy your computer. Yeah, that would be great. Maybe aggressive, but great. Smile

If something like this were created, it would likely cause millions in losses. Now imagine a virus like that gets tossed your way, and let's say that you're using a PC costing an upwards of $1,000 including customizations, speakers, headset, whatever. Virus comes through and boom, your computer is now an expensive brick, and you don't know what the fuck just happened. Despite your views, it is destruction of property and would lead to police involvement, arrests, more lawsuits, IE nothing good can come of it.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • yarrrs
Well.. I have cheat engine on my computer....

Hope this doesnt mean I was banned aswell, I just used it for some simple singleplayer cheats for sandbox games, like Sim City 4.

EDIT: Wasn't banned, but thats to be completely expected. hehe
(07-06-2013, 04:06 AM)Toxic Wrote: Problem is, every hard drive that Garry lays a finger on, he's risking a fat freaking lawsuit.

(07-06-2013, 12:51 AM)AvengedFilmsHD Wrote: You deserved it then. I think you should be banned from the forums here, as well... Hacker programs should have some kind of virus that would completely destroy your computer. Yeah, that would be great. Maybe aggressive, but great. Smile

If something like this were created, it would likely cause millions in losses. Now imagine a virus like that gets tossed your way, and let's say that you're using a PC costing an upwards of $1,000 including customizations, speakers, headset, whatever. Virus comes through and boom, your computer is now an expensive brick, and you don't know what the *** just happened. Despite your views, it is destruction of property and would lead to police involvement, arrests, more lawsuits, IE nothing good can come of it.

I meant the hacking program destroyed the hackers computer. Not that I really see this realistically, but I just get enraged by people who only like to ruin others' fun.
(07-06-2013, 05:53 AM)Jarz Wrote: Well.. I have cheat engine on my computer....

Hope this doesnt mean I was banned aswell, I just used it for some simple singleplayer cheats for sandbox games, like Sim City 4.

You will not be banned aslong as you do not use Cheat Engine on Garrysmod. Garry has said he will ban anyone using it with Garrysmod. As others said though. Even know Garry is doing the right thing I am not sure how the law goes with him checking harddrives and areas like (appdata) since we have not made an agreement to this happening.

EDIT: Just read through the terms when you buy garrysmod. Turns out he is fully allowed to do this and scan your PC since we all agreed by buying his game.

"To detect cheats or hacks mentioned earlier we reserve the right to periodically scan your computer’s memory (when Garry’s Mod is running, and only as part of Garry’s Mod). Any information we get from these scans will be used purely to aid the detection of these cheats and won’t purposely contain any personally identifiable information except your 64bit Steam ID.

We reserve the right to prevent you using some or all of Garry’s Mod if you’re caught using any kind of malicious software to degrade the experience of other players.
"
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(07-06-2013, 08:29 AM)Wood Chopper Wrote:
(07-06-2013, 05:53 AM)Jarz Wrote: Well.. I have cheat engine on my computer....

You will not be banned aslong as you do not use Cheat Engine on Garrysmod. Garry has said he will ban anyone using it with Garrysmod. As others said though. Even know Garry is doing the right thing I am not sure how the law goes with him checking harddrives and areas like (appdata) since we have not made an agreement to this happening.

Also no one made an angreement to check their facebook messages, whole profiles and informations about you, it applies for Skype, Microsoft, Yahoo, Google and more... Yes, we have not made an agreement to this happening but still they did it.
This isn't a Help & Support matter.