Recently my CPU rises a lot
(06-10-2013, 07:11 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 07:09 PM)ToulPaw Wrote: i can help you but "you not getting anything move"..

You going to not help a community member cause you're not getting your items moved to another account and bans removed? What a really ****ing horrible attitude right there, now you're definitely not getting anything moved.

Anyway, here are my specifications:

[Image: 7d65bc39a32211ce8fed1d8e6124068a.png]

Lol you are not in charge to decide if my items will moved or not as i heard only owner can decide if yes or not so shut up.
With specs like that, there's no reason you should be stuttering, especially just web browsing. Check task manager to see what's running in the background.

EDIT: Thinking about it, what virus protection software do you have?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
Norton 360.
Oh god, Norton.
Anyway, my CPU used to do overheat a lot when I just got my new computer, but you're not talking about overheating. Look in the BIOS settings for the CPU and check if it is overclocked too high or got any unnecessary settings turned on which could greatly increase the amount of things it needs to do. Then check the task manager and see if it's got any unusual stray files running. That used to happen on my old computer.
Since when has your CPU started going up to 100%?

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(06-10-2013, 10:27 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Norton 360.

Yeah, I'd recommend swapping out Norton for Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free from Microsoft, and is a much better antivirus than Norton. It won't hog resources either, which I believe Norton is doing. It could also be a virus causing the spikes, so I'd do a full virus scan to see what it comes up with.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(06-11-2013, 12:44 AM)bruterules Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 10:27 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Norton 360.

Yeah, I'd recommend swapping out Norton for Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free from Microsoft, and is a much better antivirus than Norton. It won't hog resources either, which I believe Norton is doing. It could also be a virus causing the spikes, so I'd do a full virus scan to see what it comes up with.
When i had microsoft security essentials my pc had virus everywhere, i did then swap to AVG and thats a perfect program (even the free version)

website Wrote:For the time being, I would access your computers startup, by loading msconfig, and click on the GENERAL tab, and select the DIAGNOSTIC STARTUP, which basically only loads up basic devices and services needed to load Windows.

After you have done this, see if the 100 percent CPU usage stops away, if it does then its some program you have running when your PC starts up. If this is the case, then enable a startup entry that has been previously deselected (BUT ONLY ENABLE ONE AT A TIME), restart your PC and test to see if the 100 percent CPU usage reappears. Keep doing this (MAKE SURE YOU RESTART YOUR PC AFTER YOU ENABLE A STARTUP ENTRY) until you see the 100 percent CPU usage problem reappear. When you do, remember what the last thing was that you enabled in the startup, and that will tell you which program has been the cause of the 100 percent CPU usage problem.
Yes, this will take some times. But if your pc still run on 100% after disabling diagnostic startup. Then you should simply just enable it again and try some other soultions.
My PC is clean from scans, I don't DL stuff, nor do I visit unknown websites. I will try and swap antivirus.
For the anti-virus aspect, I recommend AVG too.
Regards,
aviator
I switched to Microsoft Security Essentials. It comes with windows and it is free. It is better than AVG in my opinion.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
I'd advise AVG too.
Tounge