We need to have a talk about Suits/Dresses As a cop.
(05-06-2013, 08:45 AM)MikeyTheFox Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 08:23 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Seeing a ton of speculation again, so let's clarify this up.

It's not against a rule to wear a suit, however it is against the rules to commit nonsensical, unrealistic or in general Fail RP.

Since 99% of people wearing suits as government had absolutely no reason to do so, admins have been instructed to enforce a proper dress code - to improve the general quality of government RP.

Since most people started wearing suits and branding themselves as CIA, FBI and whatever the hell without ANY governmental coordination or permissions from president, we highlighted the matter and pull plugs on anyone who doesn't use common sense as a law enforcement official.

Our tactical unit class however is NOT a presidential guard and at any given time they don't have any purpose of wearing suit - so we took that ability away from them via coding.

But what about for my reason?

I wore my Suit/Dress for the RP reason of my character being Female.

Is this allowed?

In all honesty, I don't see the cocktail dresses available as being suitable for standard police issue uniform. Until formal suits are added in combination with actual female uniform models then it is very hard to roleplay as a female government officer.
As previously raised, it's not exactly reasonable to patrol streets and make arrests wearing a ball room dress. It's also a crucial part of a patrol officers work to be in a recognizable uniform, distinguishable from the general public. Until we get a female police officer model, I'll just have to say - stay male.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Salinsky
(05-06-2013, 09:03 AM)Killjoy Wrote: As previously raised, it's not exactly reasonable to patrol streets and make arrests wearing a ball room dress. It's also a crucial part of a patrol officers work to be in a recognizable uniform, distinguishable from the general public. Until we get a female police officer model, I'll just have to say - stay male.

Well it be nice if this was already done in the first place when Female suits were first introduced, Female Playermodels have been always on other classes such as Chefs, Rebels ect. Why wasn't Female Cops though of when other classes had these models?

Also I must point out that this is a Semi-Serious server is it not? I understand that we are trying to go for some realism, but It is still in all still just a game to have fun and RP. Sure I might be a female in a dress as a cop but I'm alteast trying to RP and have fun while still looking nice.

A suit is just a Suit, a skin if you say. It does no harm in anyway of wearing one. It doesn't effect the way a person Roleplays on the server. It can enhance roleplay yes. But it does not have any negative effects when wearing one.

It might be abit unrealistic but as I stated, This is after all a Semi-Serious server.
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
Semi-serious mostly makes its difference with the game pace, meaning there's no need for '/me's everywhere, no dice-rolling to see if your power-game goes through and what not.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Karakuts
(05-06-2013, 09:53 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Semi-serious mostly makes its difference with the game pace, meaning there's no need for '/me's everywhere, no dice-rolling to see if your power-game goes through and what not.

Yes, but this also means you are not as strict on how people should roleplay. There is a foundation of whats right and whats wrong. But we are given a bit more freedom of how our roleplays set in place. Of what we can build, were we can build it (within reason), and how to execute roleplay events.

Like earlier on today I saw a bunch of people make their own town with their own president with their own cops at MTL. It was a small town yes but it was lovely. As there was 2 Towns trading goods and other stuff to each other.

In a Serious server I bet you couldn't do that because you are set to one city and can not start another one even if its has good roleplay value it in. The freedom of how we can have fun is one of the main reasons I have come to love Fearless. And as much as I follow the rules and understand why they are set in place. What I fail to see why put such a strict rule on Suits.

People donate their good hard earned money to provide the server income to keep adding additional content such as new severs and maintain existing ones. And with such money they get in return a package that gives them the perk of playing the SS class, having their salary doubled and the ability to wear Suits.

Suits are like TF2 hats in a way. It's mostly a cosmetic item. You don't really NEED them to have a great roleplay experience. You can use them to enhance it. But they are not needed. If they were needed everyone would be able to access these suits. Such as the Gas Mask suit. Anyone can access it with enough RP points. The difference between that suit and the others is that the Gas Mask suit was meant to be used in Roleplay as the normal suits are just there to look nice.

The way you are stating this in this thread is that the SS and Officers can not wear suits because you don't see officers and such make arrest or patrolling the city in said dress or suit. But if that's the case why not limit the suits to all casses instead of Government? You don't see Rebels in the streets of the US in fancy suits causing mayhem. You don't normally see people in a dress gunning down officers because they are going to get arrested for having contraband in their house.

You also just stated yourself "It's not against a rule to wear a suit however it is against the rules to commit nonsensical, unrealistic or in general Fail RP." There is so much realism you can squeeze out of a game like garrys mod. Also you say its is FailRP to wear a suit if it doesn't fit the need of the roleplay. Well mate, my counter to that is I am a female officer. I wear a suit to identify myself as female as it is apart of my roleplay thus it not being FailRP. Unless you tell me roleplaying as a female is FailRP. I do not see anything wrong with me wearing one as you just stated yet again "It's not against a rule to wear a suit"

I now rest my case my good sir.
Players spawning their own cities is completely okay at FL, but that's a whole different topic. Yes, the RP is more liberated and flowing on semi-serious, but there's a limit - which separates us from DarkRP. The government has always been problematic as it is, and practice shows more stricter treatment helps cutting down on the minging produced.

Our technical development capabilities are limited to what staff we can utilize, however I can assure you we are looking into getting a proper female model for the Police Department.
Killjoy, mate. You are my friend, like a brother to me.

But you are avoiding what I just said.

You just said it is allowed to wear a suit/dress, IF it befits the Roleplay. Am I correct?

And I just said if I wear a suit to Roleplay as a female, this would be allowed as it is benefiting my Roleplay?

I understand that their arn't any proper female player models yet. But my question is.

Because of what you just stated, Can I, MikeyTheFox, wear a dress to roleplay as my Female Cop, until. Female Officer playermodels are, in fact, installed on the server for use?
Ah, thanks for pointing it out, I rephrased my reply a good 3-4 times before posting it and forgot to answer your question completely.

Regarding RP as a female officer, wearing a dress:
As the dress is different from a standard cop uniform, don't use it to RP standard cop duties. If you're a Police Sergeant for example, it's plausible that the commanding unit looks a tad different, since he/she's less bound to street-level crime as it is. As a regular officer, I advise using the standard player model, unless you have permission to go Detective or anything special - then, a suit is okay too.
Alright then that's all I needed to know Cheese
Did anyone say a proper looking suit for the government?

*cough*http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=17526*cough*