We need to have a talk about Suits/Dresses As a cop.
(05-06-2013, 01:12 AM)mono Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 12:42 AM)Equalizer Wrote: I feel like it if it isn't stated in the rule it shoulnd't be punishable. Not even with something as little as a demotion, due to the fact that it changes from Admin to Admin and Moderator to Moderator.

It's not in the rules therefor technically allowed, eventhough I hate seeing Government Jobs wearing Dresses or Suits I think it should be made clear once in for all.

Make a rule about it, then the case is closed.

FailRP is a broad rule and a lot of failrp situations are obvious but not listed in the rules.
And how are you to say that doing such is considered FailRP?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The suits fits for doing detective or FBI RP, I believe.
This needs clearing up A.S.A.P. as this varies from staff member to staff member. I was always told not to wear one as a Police Officer and S.S.A.
Regards,
aviator
Well. NO rule states we cant and admins cannot make their own rules so yes, you can. This rule needs to be added.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(05-06-2013, 12:42 AM)Equalizer Wrote: I feel like it if it isn't stated in the rule it shoulnd't be punishable. Not even with something as little as a demotion, due to the fact that it changes from Admin to Admin and Moderator to Moderator.

It's not in the rules therefor technically allowed, eventhough I hate seeing Government Jobs wearing Dresses or Suits I think it should be made clear once in for all.

Make a rule about it, then the case is closed.
I always tell people it's FailRP because I got blacklisted from Gov. Jobs.

But is it?
Seeing a ton of speculation again, so let's clarify this up.

It's not against a rule to wear a suit, however it is against the rules to commit nonsensical, unrealistic or in general Fail RP.

Since 99% of people wearing suits as government had absolutely no reason to do so, admins have been instructed to enforce a proper dress code - to improve the general quality of government RP.

Since most people started wearing suits and branding themselves as CIA, FBI and whatever the hell without ANY governmental coordination or permissions from president, we highlighted the matter and pull plugs on anyone who doesn't use common sense as a law enforcement official.

Our tactical unit class however is NOT a presidential guard and at any given time they don't have any purpose of wearing suit - so we took that ability away from them via coding.
(05-06-2013, 12:50 AM)GunFISH Wrote: My personal view is that suits are alright, Especially for the SS. However I don't think that females should be allowed to do this until they get a more suitable suit since I don't feel a fancy dress fits the law enforcement roleplay.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
(05-06-2013, 08:23 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Seeing a ton of speculation again, so let's clarify this up.

It's not against a rule to wear a suit, however it is against the rules to commit nonsensical, unrealistic or in general Fail RP.

Since 99% of people wearing suits as government had absolutely no reason to do so, admins have been instructed to enforce a proper dress code - to improve the general quality of government RP.

Since most people started wearing suits and branding themselves as CIA, FBI and whatever the hell without ANY governmental coordination or permissions from president, we highlighted the matter and pull plugs on anyone who doesn't use common sense as a law enforcement official.

Our tactical unit class however is NOT a presidential guard and at any given time they don't have any purpose of wearing suit - so we took that ability away from them via coding.

But what about for my reason?

I wore my Suit/Dress for the RP reason of my character being Female.

Is this allowed?
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
(05-06-2013, 08:23 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Seeing a ton of speculation again, so let's clarify this up.

Are you saying we CAN for a valid RP reason? Like say Detective?
And you shouldn't of been demoted, you were demoted IC for an OOC reason..