[IN PRE-PRODUCTION] Studio Town Movie Production!
Video 
[Image: atshollywoodsign.jpg]

~ Thread Music! ~
Thread Music!

Hollywood! The land of the stars! The movie industry has been big part of all of our lives, and I have such a passion for it that I would like to produce a movie for the Fearless Community!

The place to start is the studio!

[Image: rpevocityv33x0072.jpg]

The goal: To produce an original and entertaining movie with a realistic Hollywood studio cast and crew! Every participant will have an important job, whether it be the Director himself or the Errand boy!

Where: On the v33x Server at MTL and Possibly locations in the City! The MTL compound is very similar in appearance to a Hollywood Movie studio, and with the large space in the Warehouses, space for set building will be no issue!

When: Writing complete by: 4/27.
Studio Construction: 4/27 (Should take One Day)
Start Filming: NO SET DATE. Movie planning takes much longer and is much less predictable than you think. This will take some time to complete, and may require multiple game sessions to complete! If you want to join, make sure you're dedicated!

Why: Making movies is fun! If you're interested in working in film in the future, this would be the roleplay event for you! Working to make a movie will involve teamwork and decent passive roleplay skills! Plus it's a good use for the MTL compound.

Who: Studio Town needs workers! Here's a list of important crew members we'll need!

- Director (1/1) - [Rolorox]
- Writer (2/2) - [Jack Scott West] [FathertimeGames]
- Camera Operator (2/2) - [[FL:RP] Tmdirtbike] [simplyxchaos]
- Food Service! (1/1) - [Nyx]
- Talent Agent (1/1) - [[FL:RP]DigDug]
- Lead Actor (0/1) - [LEAD ACTOR NEEDED]
- Main Actors (0/2) - [CAST NEEDED]
- Grip / Set Builders (2/2) - [Atrades Jenkins [FL:RP] Corie The Nub]

Job Descriptions!

- Director - Works with the writers, the camera operators, and the actors to fulfill the creative image of the Script.

- Writers - The writers work together to write the script for the skit.

- Camera Operators - Move the cameras around for the director while the director records.

- Food Service - Self Explanatory, Provides food for the cast and crew.

- Talent Agent - Helps cast and works with the actors of the show. The Talent Agent keeps the actors fed, happy and close to the studio.

- Lead Actor - The star of the show! The Lead actor will be on camera almost constantly. The Lead actor must make sure he/she knows the script inside and out, and must listen to the Director's cues.

- Cast - The Cast will be the Antagonist and the love interest. Like the lead actor, they need to memorize the script and listen to the director.

- Grip / Set builders - The grips work as set builders at first, and will work with the director to design the set/sets for the movie. Once the sets are complete, the set builders become grips, and are the "errand boys" of the studio. If there's no chef, they run for food. If anybody on set needs help, the grips should be ready and willing to do it!

Once the Filming is complete, I personally will be paying for a wrap party, in true Hollywood Fashion, All of the Actors will receive a one-of-a-time gift from the studio, and I will edit the skit personally for Fearless to enjoy!

Finally, the form to join! No RP points required, 100+ Hours please, and if you're going for an acting job, you must own a suit and inform me what you have!

Quote:Job you're seeking:
In-game Name:
Steam Name:
Server Hours:
Suits? Name them:
Actual film experience:

Thanks for reading, and we look forward to making a movie for Fearless!
Quote:"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."-Vito Corleone
In-game Name: Dr.Finley
Steam Name: Fathertimegames
Server Hours: 163
Suits? Name them: White Suit without a tie
Actual film experience: I am in the process of making several commercials. Also I know how to turn on a camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heAw4z71lvo

Welcome to Studio Town Dr. Finley! Your connections with the production staff have gotten you the position of Co-Writer!

You'll be helping write the story for the skit. Don't worry, it's not going to be long at all, and dialogue will be limited due to the silent film factor. Your familiarity with classic films and interest in the characters will help the development of this story vastly!

I'm adding your name to the list!
Quote: I like your style and I love it
Job you're seeking: Camera Operator
In-game Name: Jason Dukes
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Tmdirtbike
Server Hours: 309
Suits? Name them: 1 Blue and 1 Black suit without a tie
Actual film experience: I love making videos and i can provide good food I also make some things with a camera
Kind regards,
Tmdirtbike.
Job you're seeking: Food Service
In-game Name: Naiomi Vance
Steam Name: Nyx
Server Hours: 362h
Suits? Name them: I'm afraid I'm not a donator anymore, so I can't use my suits Sad
Actual film experience: Not a lot, but when I was younger I wrote a few scripts and directed some small homemade movies just for fun Tounge Not that it matters for the job I'm seeking, but I would love to be a part of the team anyways and watch the movie in production Cheese I also did take part in a small educational course about filmmaking one time, and it was a lot of fun Cheese

I just have a few questions: Is the movie actually going to be recorded and edited for it to be viewable on Youtube for example? Or are we simply just roleplaying everything? Tounge If it is being recorded, will it be the Director recording it using Fraps or something? And should the Director edit it as well or?
(04-18-2013, 01:16 AM)tmdirtbike Wrote: Quote: I like your style and I love it
Job you're seeking: Camera Operator
In-game Name: Jason Dukes
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Tmdirtbike
Server Hours: 309
Suits? Name them: 1 Blue and 1 Black suit without a tie
Actual film experience: I love making videos and i can provide good food I also make some things with a camera

Hello Hello Dukes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc

~ Welcome to Studio Town! ~

Camera operators are in High demand in studio town! I'll add you as a friend on steam and we can talk business! Dates are set to change because it looks like I'll probably be busy both weekends I originally put, but I'll tell you more about it!

(04-18-2013, 01:56 AM)Nyxeify Wrote: Job you're seeking: Food Service
In-game Name: Naiomi Vance
Steam Name: Nyx
Server Hours: 362h
Suits? Name them: I'm afraid I'm not a donator anymore, so I can't use my suits Sad
Actual film experience: Not a lot, but when I was younger I wrote a few scripts and directed some small homemade movies just for fun Tounge Not that it matters for the job I'm seeking, but I would love to be a part of the team anyways and watch the movie in production Cheese I also did take part in a small educational course about filmmaking one time, and it was a lot of fun Cheese

I just have a few questions: Is the movie actually going to be recorded and edited for it to be viewable on Youtube for example? Or are we simply just roleplaying everything? Tounge If it is being recorded, will it be the Director recording it using Fraps or something? And should the Director edit it as well or?

Hello Miss Vance!

Everyone needs to eat in studio town, so your job will be VERY important on set!
I'll be adding you on steam to talk business and maintain communication during our movie production! Don't worry about your missing suit, The only applicants who really need it are Talent agent and Acting applicants!

To address your questions :
YES This is a real, recorded and edited production, I'm talking with the soon to be director, he will be recording it using FRAPS or some similar screen capture tech.
As stated in the original post, the director will only be filming, editing is on my end. As the Producer, I will put the starting and finishing touches to our production!

Thanks for applying!
The following 1 user Likes Menswear Dog's post:
  • Nyxeify
Job you're seeking: Director
In-game Name: Jason Cutmore
Steam Name: Rolorox
Server Hours: 550
Suits? Name them: Like all of them Tounge aha
Actual film experience: I am a cinematographer with years of experience in directing, film, editing, audio, etc. I currently work at a TV station Rogers TV and have made many commercials IRL and for our very own Evocity Radio.

For more information and to see my work: http://butterflybonez.wix.com/bmw-media-entertainment#!
(04-18-2013, 04:26 AM)Rolorox Wrote: Job you're seeking: Director
In-game Name: Jason Cutmore
Steam Name: Rolorox
Server Hours: 550
Suits? Name them: Like all of them Tounge aha
Actual film experience: I am a cinematographer with years of experience in directing, film, editing, audio, etc. I currently work at a TV station Rogers TV and have made many commercials IRL and for our very own Evocity Radio.

For more information and to see my work: http://butterflybonez.wix.com/bmw-media-entertainment#!

Thanks for posting and ...

Studio Town has been waiting for you, Mr. Director!
We've already been discussing this idea on Steam, and the form is really just a formality, and Hollywood Loves their formalities. Thanks for doing it!
The writing team will work with you and send you a first draft of the script on a TBD Date!

And just a general update to the thread, Rolorox and I are changing the Camera man job details soon, until we come to an agreement on something the Original descriptions are staying.

Thanks for applying!
Job you're seeking: Lead Actor or Set Builder.
In-game Name: Davis Cutmore
Steam Name: Atrades Jenkins
Server Hours: Approx. 170 hours
Suits? Name them: Luis bassio, and i forget the other but the black guy, black suit no tie
Actual film experience: Not much film experience besides that of a few short films of which I played a main role. Also have many accents I can do with ease and they sound good. Russian, British, New Zealander, Australian, Mexican, American, Jersey, Southern, Stereotypical Canadian. Just a few i can think of at the moment. I pick accents up fast too.
Job you're seeking: camera operator
In-game Name: kevin "danger" flynn
Steam NameThinkingimplyxchaos
Server Hours:319
Suits? Name them: adelmo
Actual film experience: i have camera experiance. i work cameras at my church every sunday. that is pretty much it, but it will be fun to do this RP.