The Rules - Explained Further
Great work!
(04-03-2013, 02:00 AM)BlackDog Wrote: Clarification: Why cannot one raid for contraband, is this not the primary reason people get raided in the first place? They get caught with the most illegal thing on the server and have, by placeing it down, agreed they may get raided for it by the playerbase. It almost seems like disallowing raids against contra farmers is setting up the old ban sheild, before contra sounds there was almost no way to catch the farmers and usualy you would see bans for random raiding as they had no legitimate way to find their contra. Making it a bannable offence to raid due to them having contraband is the same sheild once used by farmers, because now they know that one cannot raid them just because they found their contraband, they have almost no reason to fear it being discovered and may farm freely.
It seems counterproductive

All I can say right now is that the contraband system is being worked out with new coding and rules implemented to reduce contrafarming whilst also reducing the confusion amidst contraband raiding.
This is helpful.

People really need to remember:
Quote:- Using @ makes the message more visible. Using OOC will not help your problem.
(04-03-2013, 09:52 AM)Adman Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 02:00 AM)BlackDog Wrote: Clarification: Why cannot one raid for contraband, is this not the primary reason people get raided in the first place? They get caught with the most illegal thing on the server and have, by placeing it down, agreed they may get raided for it by the playerbase. It almost seems like disallowing raids against contra farmers is setting up the old ban sheild, before contra sounds there was almost no way to catch the farmers and usualy you would see bans for random raiding as they had no legitimate way to find their contra. Making it a bannable offence to raid due to them having contraband is the same sheild once used by farmers, because now they know that one cannot raid them just because they found their contraband, they have almost no reason to fear it being discovered and may farm freely.

All I can say right now is that the contraband system is being worked out with new coding and rules implemented to reduce contrafarming whilst also reducing the confusion amidst contraband raiding.
Rules do not reduce the chance/possibility of people contrafarming. The only thing which reduces contrafarmers is an actual economy which profits more then contrafarming in the short-run.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
Can I ask about the rules for car theft, and actual reasons to raid (contraband included)?
The following 1 user Likes Callos's post:
  • Joey Skylynx
(04-04-2013, 12:23 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 09:52 AM)Adman Wrote:

Rules do not reduce the chance/possibility of people contrafarming. The only thing which reduces contrafarmers is an actual economy which profits more then contrafarming in the short-run.

Rules regarding the raiding; hard coding regarding who can actually place contraband. I am also assured that the economy is being looked into.
(04-04-2013, 03:09 PM)Adman Wrote: I am also assured that the economy is being looked into.

One can hope this is true, an interactive player economy is what FL needs more than anything in my opinion.

Heres hopeing for the day i can turn that corn farm on V2P into an actual crop produceing farm with workers tending to the crops.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
This is getting a bump.