FL community exclusive RP map
(03-15-2013, 04:31 PM)ToasTie Wrote: A potato.

Smile

u made a funy
hue

Anyhow, make a really rich part of the city, mansions, etc. Maybe even a beach, with some sort of pier.
It would be great with an exclusive map!

But please, make the Nexus into some kind of capitol, not a skyscraper like in the current maps.
Something I forgot to add in my post with the sketches: Be sure to have Cub Foods in the city, cause in v2p Cub Foods is outside the city so no one ever RPs there when I do Grocery Store RP

Another thing, have the Maximum Security Prison really far away from the city, with a double layered barbwire fence, have the gate for the fence own-able, but not the front door of the prison.

I can give you some ideas, i know what rpers need! just pm me Cheese
Do you have Soul's approval to make this map? If you don't, get his approval. You don't want to spend a lot of time on this map only to have him say he's not gonna use it, and if you put Fearless RP's name anywhere in the map (like "this map is for fearless") And you give it to another server/community or release it publicly, any servers using the map could be sued by Fearless. (Whether or not Fearless actually sues them, it's still Copyrighted)

About map: when I said Exclusive, I meant it like a standalone brand new game on a new engine, means, I am not going to copy specific buildings or anything into new map
I want to create everything new. Nothing from older maps
I am targeted towards maximizing RP possibilities. Literally "everything" in one map including military bases, Long highways, bridges over lakes or even seas, underwater facility, airport, schools (:p) etc

About prison: that's what I am heavily targeted towards. In all 3 maps, v2d, v33x and v2d prisons suck hardly. You will never be able to make a proper prison RPs with these unless you don't have a prop limit

About approval: I think I just haven't expressed myself correctly
I am not aiming towards, launching this map as a new server in FL community
It's a map that will be created by FL community and its members
When finished I will probably upload it for everyone's use

Hope this answers all questions for now
One of my suggestions would be to only content from Half-Life 2. Not the episodes, not CS, just HL2. This will maximize performance and make sure that everyone can see the same thing. You won't have to have a big content pack to download prior to joining the server, and people won't be able to see through walls that are errors for them.

Secondly, I would not recommend any props within the map by default. Maybe a few if they are permanently welded and can't be moved, like statues, but otherwise they will just be in the way and make the map slower.

I would also say to make sure that everywhere has a usable purpose. Like in the v2d map, hardly anyone uses the garage in slums for anything. The large factory in industrial is unused on more circumstances than it is used, too. The v33x map also has several portions of it that aren't used.

The one thing that I would recommend using is a lot of custom decals. Either spray paint images or graffiti wall murals, decals made exclusively for your maps make it look special and one of a kind. Decals are very quick to download and aren't very big, so they aren't a problem to download with the map.

You may consider adding a large bare portion or two to the map. For custom RPs and such.
[Image: sometime.png]
Friday
By the looks of what you written, I sure see that you are sort of experienced in this aren't you?
(03-15-2013, 07:53 PM)Dr Tomorrow Wrote: About map: when I said Exclusive, I meant it like a standalone brand new game on a new engine, means, I am not going to copy specific buildings or anything into new map
I want to create everything new. Nothing from older maps
I am targeted towards maximizing RP possibilities. Literally "everything" in one map including military bases, Long highways, bridges over lakes or even seas, underwater facility, airport, schools (:p) etc

About prison: that's what I am heavily targeted towards. In all 3 maps, v2d, v33x and v2d prisons suck hardly. You will never be able to make a proper prison RPs with these unless you don't have a prop limit

About approval: I think I just haven't expressed myself correctly
I am not aiming towards, launching this map as a new server in FL community
It's a map that will be created by FL community and its members
When finished I will probably upload it for everyone's use

Hope this answers all questions for now

Well, using store names like Cub Foods, BP (yes I know BP is an actual gas station), etc from older maps isn't really copying, nor is it copying specific buildings. If my sketches were to copy from the older maps, I wouldn't have had to sketch them, I would've just said "Use the Cub Foods from v2p" The cub foods in v2p only looks realistic from the outside, while inside it's dull, empty and incompletely built (like the Bakery sign, there isn't even a bakery under it, nor shelves.)

Evocity has been used in RP for so long on FL:RP, "Evocity" is kind of canon. All 3 servers take place in different parts of Evocity (or that's how I like to look at it, like v33x is mainstreet, v2p is mainstreet, and v2d is downtown), adding a completely new map and server would ruin that. It's best to re-use names like Cub Foods and BP as if it's a large company in the city and there's stores of it all over the city.
[/size]
I don't think it would be necessary to create an entirely new server, as the current ones are already using a ton of resources. With the 3 RP servers, the build server, the minecraft server and the TS server, I'm pretty sure together they use up nearly all of the month's average donations, and it's always good to have a little more than enough for emergencies.

Maybe we should replace either v2d or v33x with this exclusive map.

v2d is a poorly made armature map. It was only Sgt. Sickness' second map, he had little experience, which is why there are re-used textures, weird textures on weird polygons (like the white lines on the road at a turn, the lines are disconnected because the texturing was probably rushed) And there are large, empty buildings (like flea market and cub foods) That could only be filled for RP by admins, else they're still kinda empty. (Because of the prop limit for basic members). It's also a popular map for the DarkRP community, so it attracts minges. (You just rarely see mingepocalypses because most of the admins mainly play on v2d)

v33x is, for many know and unknown reasons, a strong magnet for minges, new and old rude players, and also scare away most staff members ("scare" as a metaphor, meaning v33x is just least popular for staff).

v2p is in between the two, so it has a little of the positives and negatives of both v2d and v33x, but not exactly, so it's not as bad as either of them.

TL;DR Too expensive to get an entirely new server, just replace v2d or v33x 'cause they are dinky maps.

Do not make it too big, or it will cause a uproar in contraband, because no one will be able to find it.
Also, try and make the city surrounded by suburbs, then rural areas. This will create an effect that makes it seem realistic. I will edit this later with some pics for ideas and beaches.

@ Kiruclanz This server will bring in new players. New Players=More donation money. Problem Solved.