Secret Service & Suits
(01-10-2013, 06:03 AM)Narcotic Wrote: Special Service, not Secret Service.

The Special Service Agent's job is to respond to heavy backup calls and armed responses, not to protect the president or remain by his side; for this he can hire a bodyguard or two.

I honestly never saw a fast response unit officer with a party dress or a fancy suit.

See how far you get when you try attacking the president of any country before getting beaten down or shot by government agents. My guess: Not nearly close enough.

I don't know of any first-world president that uses muscle IE thugs, hired body guards, etc. The government provides protection for the president. In this case, Special Service. In short, the Special service follow the orders of the president. If he wants the nexus secure, it's secured. If he wants the Special service to protect him while he does a meet-and-greet with his citizens, done. Now ask yourself, would you go up and even make an attempt at greeting someone if they were behind a wall of soldiers armed with UMPs/M4, or would you shake the president's hand due to the fact that the Special Service have their weapons under their coats, and ready for anything.

I'm going to post this again, since it IS relevant.
http://www.eliteukforces.info/special-ai...rotection/

For those who have trouble with link-clicking:

Low-key overt protection
when a more low-key profile is desirable, the CP team aim to blend in more with their surroundings. Civilian clothing, usually suits, are worn. Weapons (pistols and smgs) are typically carried concealed beneath jackets. The CP team still maintains a visible presence around the VIP who is free to interact with the public.

(01-10-2013, 04:28 PM)Holdem Wrote: People confuse SS with Secret Service... I mean, it says clearly on the job "SPECIAL service". We should rename it to "Tactical Response Unit" or something. Anyway, wearing a suit on top of all that gear is really impossible. You would not have a man in such a suit, that would be carrying quite a few clips for ammo, some grenades (Which we don't have in the server), and all his gear. Same reason you don't see SWAT wearing suits, the SS should not wear suits.

If you wish to RP as CIA, FBI, Detective, Undercover Officer and whatever, do so as Unemployed with a custom job after talking to the President. Do not take up Government spaces to do custom jobs, because in most cases the job isn't RP'd properly.
So define SPECIAL SERVICE. Doesn't look like it's spelled SWAT. They carry out a multitude of tasks within a team-sized operating force.

Concealed kevlar. You're pretty much putting on a suit over standalone body armor. It's not a MOLLE vest with tac-pouches. Safe guess as to why the Special Service is armed with submachine guns instead of assault rifles: Their job varies.

I also noticed the gear is similar.
Close Protection Equipment

Lightweight kevlar body armour

HK MP5k
the mp5k a cut-down MP5 sub machine gun with shorter barrel, smaller sights and no stock. When fitted with a 15-round magazine, the MP5K can be comfortably concealed beneath a bodyguard's jacket, making them ideal for covert close protection duties.

Sig Sauer P228
the compact version of the regiment's standard pistol, the P226, the P228 is easily concealed and quickly drawn.

C8 CQB (Basically a M4)
the Diemaco C8 CQB is a compact variant of the C8 carbine, with shorter barrel, likely to be carried in overt close protection operations. It has more stopping power than the MP5k and is small enough to be easily handled in tight spaces such as building interiors or when getting in and out of vehicles. C8 CQBs and the similar HK 53s and longer weapons such as C8 SFWs or HK 33s may also be carried in the team's vehicles when in covert mode, to be brought out if needed.

extendable baton
a telescopic steel baton can be carried concealed in a bodyguard's hands and used to ward off close quarters attacks .

kevlar briefcase
a briefcase that rapidly unfolds to present a bullet-proof shield in front of the VIP

body armour
body armour may be worn by both the VIP or the body guards. Lightweight (kevlar)or heavyweight (ceramic plate) body armour may be used. Kevlar can protect against 9mm bullets as well as knife blades. The heavier ceramic plate armour can stop up to a 7.62mm round and shrapnel from explosions .

respirators
gas masks for both the CP team and the VIP may be carried to protect against an attack by tear gas.

medical
trauma packs which include plasma (synthetic blood), drips, spine board, resuscitation kits and bandages are carried either in the vehicles or on the person so immediate first aid can be administered to the VIP. The CP team will have studied a full medical history of the VIP so as to know what allergies they may have.

secure comms
an encrypted radio is worn on the back trouser belt with a wire running up to an earpiece. Another wire runs up the sleeve to a covert pressel-switch-operated microphone secreted in the left palm.

custom vehicles
cars can be lightly or heavily armour-plated, depending on the required profile. Bullet-proof glass can also be fitted. High-end Close Protection vehicles feature protection against CNBR (chemical, nuclear, biological and radiological) attacks. Safety features such as air bags and automatic engine cut-offs will be disabled as they can interfere with anti-ambush procedures. Additional weapons and medical gear will usually be carried in the vehicles.

sunglasses
wrap-around sunglasses are often worn as they prevent the crowd from seeing where the wearer's eyes are looking.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • ukpezzzz
(01-10-2013, 05:08 PM)Toxic Wrote: [quote='Narcotic' pid='197890' dateline='1357797827']
Special Service, not Secret Service.
I agree with toxic on this. Maybe there should be a vender in nexus to allow SS to change between light wait for pres protection and heavy for responce. Could also increase SS cap to handle to different roles.
Perhaps we should change the name to S.W.A.T. It would match the U.S setting and if people wished to change it to other special forces like they currently do then that would still be possible.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Rayne
(01-10-2013, 05:53 PM)Adman Wrote: Perhaps we should change the name to S.W.A.T. It would match the U.S setting and if people wished to change it to other special forces like they currently do then that would still be possible.
Change it to SWAT and add a 2 man Secret Service job, problem solved.

One is for high risk warrant services and nexus defence, while the other is for protecting the president.

Personaly ive never been sure why the SS was a mix of both, though if we do plan to change it to SWAT, a possable model change is in order since i dont know of any SWAT team in urban america with camo and uniforms like a middle east PMC.

Somthing more along these lines:

Blue and Red team from SWAT 4:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=17915

4 Seperate models included with their own faces
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Da BeachiJR, Moisty
(01-10-2013, 08:17 PM)BlackDog Wrote: -snip-

Indeed, I was searching for S.W.A.T models but couldn't be sure they weren't ragdolls; I'm not familiar with how all that works.
It should be up to the President/head of SS if they wear suits. /end.
(01-10-2013, 09:36 PM)Adman Wrote:
(01-10-2013, 08:17 PM)BlackDog Wrote: -snip-

Indeed, I was searching for S.W.A.T models but couldn't be sure they weren't ragdolls; I'm not familiar with how all that works.

Think the models are coded by the dev team, but I can't say for sure.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(01-11-2013, 01:04 AM)Toxic Wrote: [quote='Adman' pid='198223' dateline='1357853797']
[quote='BlackDog' pid='198171' dateline='1357849064']
-snip-

Mate that is ugly as hell.
I prefer this
[Image: 114924_1.jpg]
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=114924

Tell your opinion about it much more an swat thingy.

EDIT : Different face types also.

Or this..
[Image: 132697_1.jpg]
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132697
(01-11-2013, 01:21 AM)Rayokan Wrote:
(01-11-2013, 01:04 AM)Toxic Wrote: [quote='Adman' pid='198223' dateline='1357853797']
[quote='BlackDog' pid='198171' dateline='1357849064']
-snip-

Mate that is ugly as hell.
I prefer this
[Image: 114924_1.jpg]
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=114924

Tell your opinion about it much more an swat thingy.

EDIT : Different face types also.

Or this..
[Image: 132697_1.jpg]
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132697

I would probably go for the second one of those.
Regards,
aviator