Secret Service & Suits
I think SA mentioned that SS should avoid wearing suits. Theyre not supposed to be in firefight with a suit.
This is from the same guide posted above.

Killjoy Wrote:Let me make this clear once and for all: Special Services = tactical unit, same as SWAT, SAS, SRU, QRF and the others.

Their primary function is to be a tactical unit, dealing with high risk situations, barricaded suspects, heavily armed criminals, officers under fire, etc operations. Their main function is not to wear suits and protect presidents.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Da BeachiJR
I agree, Special Services shouldn't wear suits, to me, it is FailRP and also to some admins. A few times I have shot at and nearly killed a fellow SS in raids because of suits, one example. The Nexus was getting raided, there was the HSS at top floor wearing a dress, 3 SS and 3 Cops in the elevator, see someone with a suit on, he is dead in one second. His fault for wearing the suit.

As mentioned before it is Special Service not Secret Service.
Regards,
aviator
Why exactly are so many people against this?

Its the choice of the president whether he wishes his men to wear suits or not if their capable of it.

The president can have his men be complete assholes to the people of the city, lock it down, charge taxes to max for ludicris reasons, create the most insane laws possable so long as their rule abideing, become a dictator, but when he wants them to wear suits to be more presentable, people are up in arms about why this is failRP
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Zealord
Killjoy clearly states between the lines that SSA's are supposed to look heavily armed with all the pockets and gear they have (I mean, take a look at what you spawn with. Do you think that would fit in a suit?).
If you wanna RP a female SS, too bad. For example: When I go SS, I just change my name from Lyca 'Infernaw' Worsnop to (Head) Agent Worsnop. Deal with it.

But if I'm the President and I wanna take a stroll outside of the Nexus with my Agents, I say it's okay if they suit up. It's Semi-Serious after all.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
Lets say you change your job to Secret service, Or CIA, MI6, Whatever little group that allows you to wear a suit ( And you actually RP the group well ), Is it gonna be fine then?
The reason we are heavily against all sorts of random agencies is because people FailRP it 99% of the time.
Sure, it's okay to have agents in suits running around, but only if it's RP'd incredibly well and the president has it all properly organized.
(01-10-2013, 11:14 AM)CookieMasterz Wrote: Lets say you change your job to Secret service, Or CIA, MI6, Whatever little group that allows you to wear a suit ( And you actually RP the group well ), Is it gonna be fine then?

If you're hired by the president and not assigned to a governmental job, you must be Unemployed.
People confuse SS with Secret Service... I mean, it says clearly on the job "SPECIAL service". We should rename it to "Tactical Response Unit" or something. Anyway, wearing a suit on top of all that gear is really impossible. You would not have a man in such a suit, that would be carrying quite a few clips for ammo, some grenades (Which we don't have in the server), and all his gear. Same reason you don't see SWAT wearing suits, the SS should not wear suits.

If you wish to RP as CIA, FBI, Detective, Undercover Officer and whatever, do so as Unemployed with a custom job after talking to the President. Do not take up Government spaces to do custom jobs, because in most cases the job isn't RP'd properly.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Verzyn
(01-10-2013, 04:28 PM)Holdem Wrote: People confuse SS with Secret Service... I mean, it says clearly on the job "SPECIAL service". We should rename it to "Tactical Response Unit" or something. Anyway, wearing a suit on top of all that gear is really impossible. You would not have a man in such a suit, that would be carrying quite a few clips for ammo, some grenades (Which we don't have in the server), and all his gear. Same reason you don't see SWAT wearing suits, the SS should not wear suits.

If you wish to RP as CIA, FBI, Detective, Undercover Officer and whatever, do so as Unemployed with a custom job after talking to the President. Do not take up Government spaces to do custom jobs, because in most cases the job isn't RP'd properly.

I would also like to point out that whilst the secret service roleplay can be done as Unemployed we do not allow any sort of powergaming or twisting it into FailRP. By that I mean you should go and sign a contract and gain permission from the President himself to help the police/do your roleplay before you get serious. If you slap on /job M.I.6 and just tag along police raids that is FailRP.