Questions regarding Rules
(01-04-2013, 11:00 AM)Killjoy Wrote: That would be a random raid really, since we do not promote aggressive RP and refuse to consider money as a valid reason. Depends on the details, there are a few cases where this could be RP'd out very well and get a pass, but mostly people just turn it into an RDM fest.
This has always confused me.
What other reasons would exist to raid and extort businesses, if not money or personal gain?
Question : Is having a keypad on both side (inside and exterior) of a gate unallowed ?

According to mrpalkia, this is unallowed and called "Keypad whoring" and a player has been banned for it already. (Checked recent bans, didn't see any ban with that reason)

What's the official point of view on this ? I don't see anything wrong in having a keypad on both side. Or you're forced to have a keypad on one side (the exterior, obviously ...) and a button inside ?
(01-16-2013, 02:44 PM)Darkkel Wrote: Question : Is having a keypad on both side (inside and exterior) of a gate unallowed ?

According to mrpalkia, this is unallowed and called "Keypad whoring" and a player has been banned for it already. (Checked recent bans, didn't see any ban with that reason)

What's the official point of view on this ? I don't see anything wrong in having a keypad on both side. Or you're forced to have a keypad on one side (the exterior, obviously ...) and a button inside ?

It is allowed to have keypads/buttons on both sides. Be it keypads on both or buttons on both. As long as there is 1 keypad per 1 side of the fading door.

I often place keypads on both sides of fading doors, thus making it harder to be opened from the inside (for whatever the reason).

I, personally, have never heard of said "keypad whoring".
(01-16-2013, 02:44 PM)Darkkel Wrote: Question : Is having a keypad on both side (inside and exterior) of a gate unallowed ?

As doomdude stated, that is pure bullshit.
Unban Request Rule 7 Wrote:If no admin replies on your unban request within 7 days, your request will always be in your advantage and your ban will be removed from your record.

Can this be applied to ban requests too? If 7 days pass when you are the defendant of a ban request, the BR will be denied?
(01-16-2013, 06:27 PM)Green Blockhead Wrote:
Unban Request Rule 7 Wrote:If no admin replies on your unban request within 7 days, your request will always be in your advantage and your ban will be removed from your record.

Can this be applied to ban requests too? If 7 days pass when you are the defendant of a ban request, the BR will be denied?

It doesn't mak any sense. If a player violated our server rules, he will be punished for doing so. Do you really think that a mass prop killer (Or any other rule breaker) shouldn't be banned because the ban request on him wasn't reviewed in less than seven days?
Question about some rules:

Quote:[Basic Government Rules]
3. Do not steal cars when you are working for the government, you may impound them and put them in the nexus garage to later be be given back to the person for a fee.

To impound a car, is it okay for an officer to use a picklock to get access to the car?
What reasons do we have to impound a car?

What is the fee? If the president doesn't set a fee what is charged to remove the vehicle from impound?

Who sets these fees and what if they are not set? Do we set are own reasonable fee? Do we radio the president and ask the fee?

Quote:[Permanent laws]
2. Drive on the right side of the road, that is the right side!
3. Only cross streets at the Zebra pad, also be careful there.
7. Do not park on the road, use the parking spaces.

These are laws and the police are here to enforce them. What do we do if these laws are violated? Charge them a fee? Arrest them? Impound their car?(see -impound a car above)

I play on V33X mostly and people run around and drive like madmen. They park their cars all over the place, so it would be nice to have some idea on how we can get order, atleast in the city.
(02-03-2013, 06:42 AM)Korthic Wrote: Question about some rules:

Quote:[Basic Government Rules]
3. Do not steal cars when you are working for the government, you may impound them and put them in the nexus garage to later be be given back to the person for a fee.

To impound a car, is it okay for an officer to use a picklock to get access to the car?
What reasons do we have to impound a car?

What is the fee? If the president doesn't set a fee what is charged to remove the vehicle from impound?

Who sets these fees and what if they are not set? Do we set are own reasonable fee? Do we radio the president and ask the fee?

Quote:[Permanent laws]
2. Drive on the right side of the road, that is the right side!
3. Only cross streets at the Zebra pad, also be careful there.
7. Do not park on the road, use the parking spaces.

These are laws and the police are here to enforce them. What do we do if these laws are violated? Charge them a fee? Arrest them? Impound their car?(see -impound a car above)

I play on V33X mostly and people run around and drive like madmen. They park their cars all over the place, so it would be nice to have some idea on how we can get order, atleast in the city.

You can impound cars as a police officer as long as you have valid RP reason. You can ask the president what's the fee, or just use common sense. You won't demand 25k from someone who drove over the speed limit for example.

Common reasons to impound cars:
  • Parking illegally
  • When cars are banned from the city

There are a lot more reasons to impound cars, but then again, it depends on the situation, you'll have to use common sense.

In regards to the permanent laws, it mostly depends on the situation. If someone crosses not on the zebra pad, I would just warn him. But if someone drove through red light, I would ask for a fine, and if he wouldn't pay, he'll be arrested. I use to fine people for 100-200$, it depends on what law they violated.
Can you list a few good reasons to raid non government jobs?
(02-03-2013, 07:47 AM)GhostRider Wrote: You can impound cars as a police officer as long as you have valid RP reason. You can ask the president what's the fee, or just use common sense. You won't demand 25k from someone who drove over the speed limit for example.

Common reasons to impound cars:
  • Parking illegally
  • When cars are banned from the city

There are a lot more reasons to impound cars, but then again, it depends on the situation, you'll have to use common sense.

In regards to the permanent laws, it mostly depends on the situation. If someone crosses not on the zebra pad, I would just warn him. But if someone drove through red light, I would ask for a fine, and if he wouldn't pay, he'll be arrested. I use to fine people for 100-200$, it depends on what law they violated.

Ok I assumed that was the case with fees I just wanted confirmation.

Can you confirm that it is okay to use a picklock to impound a car then? Someone told me I couldn't use one to impound a car that was sitting in the road for 20 minutes.