Questions regarding Rules
1. Of course no one can lock you in his house without valid RP reason.
2. I believe if they will get a permission from president, might need from admin aswell then it is fine.
3. Of course they can not, time must be specified, also they must have a permission for that (look above) and they must have a valid reason to imprison you.
(08-17-2013, 07:26 PM)Professional_instinct Wrote: 1. Can someone lock you in there house without valid RP reason?
I would assume not, as a valid RP reason is always needed for stuff like that

2. can the police make a prison themselves and put you in it without a warrant ie indefinitely?

I would assume they would"Minus the indefinitely part" so long as the prison itself followed all the build rules, a custom prison can lead to alot of different RP scenarios that the default just dosnt provide, though no doubt while an arrest warrant wouldnt technicly be needed since that brings you to the default jail, no doubt a reason that would normaly have you arrested would be required for you to be sent to said new prison.

3. Can a group of people put you in a custom prison indefinitely?

I think there always needs to be specific timeframe for when one would be released from said custom prison, though as for how long is up for debate as no doubt in a custom prison far better RP would be occuring than the defaults "Stand in a cell for 5-15 minutes doing nothing" , and because the RP would probably be better it could potentialy take longer than the max 15 mins the default has to conduct, such as prisoner processing, IDing, interorgation and so on, it could potentialy take far longer than the normal 15 mins, though for one to be jailed for potentialy longer in an RP oriented prison i would also assume there needs to be a better reason for them to be sent there than "He was jaywalking" or "He was speeding" Id imagine it would be reserved for things like murder, grand theft auto, grand theft, attempted murder and so on down the list of serious things.

Though a clarification I would like regarding somthing:

(08-02-2013, 12:08 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 12:03 PM)Teh Time Rider Wrote: 1. Can fear rp be used to make someone drop an item from their inventory? If yes, does it depend on value?

If you have valid reasons to ask a person to drop an item/demand $2000, you may, if the person has an item below the maximum asking price of $2000, you may ask for that, else you must demand $2000.

1. Does the $2000 limit apply to a weapon you saw them holding and they holstered, even if it is above $2000 in value and it makes sense you could force them to hand it over.

2. If one can demand they drop an item below $2000 from their inventory if a valid enough reason is found, can one also demand one sell the doors to their house valued at $250 each.

An example of when this could pop up is the police conduct a contra/weed bust on a building, the owners are taken in alive, could they force them to sell the doors, essentialy evicting them and condemming the building for the illigal activitys they were conducting inside, this would be so they dont just go right back to it when they get out of jail.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(08-19-2013, 05:33 AM)BlackDog Wrote: 1. Does the $2000 limit apply to a weapon you saw them holding and they holstered, even if it is above $2000 in value and it makes sense you could force them to hand it over.

2. If one can demand they drop an item below $2000 from their inventory if a valid enough reason is found, can one also demand one sell the doors to their house valued at $250 each.

1. The $2000 limit still applies. I personally tell the person in Local OOC to holster the weapon and spawn a CSS prop of the same gun, pretending to hand it over.

2. Demanding to sell the doors is acceptable, if RP'd properly - meaning huge organized hostile takeovers, this is way out of league for a lonesome small-time criminal.
I'd also like to remind users that the thread is meant for staff members to answer questions to avoid overruling and misinformation.
(08-19-2013, 09:18 AM)Killjoy Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 05:33 AM)BlackDog Wrote: 1. Does the $2000 limit apply to a weapon you saw them holding and they holstered, even if it is above $2000 in value and it makes sense you could force them to hand it over.

2. Demanding to sell the doors is acceptable, if RP'd properly - meaning huge organized hostile takeovers, this is way out of league for a lonesome small-time criminal.

I'm assuming an actual RP reason is needed to demand doors off someone with force, rather than just wanting the doors?
You assume correctly.
1. Is contraband within the office banned?

2. If a business is robbed and the security guard and thief have a shootout does your store stop being passive?

3. Can you taze multiple people at once IE both members of a fistfight?

4. Is an RP event a separate thing IE two parties are shooting at each other can the police get involved or do they have to leave the event alone as to not spoil it?

5. does standing on a balcony like the ones at the appartments count as a sniper tower if used to snipe?

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

(09-05-2013, 07:24 PM)Professional_instinct Wrote: 1. Is contraband within the office banned?

2. If a business is robbed and the security guard and thief have a shootout does your store stop being passive?

3. Can you taze multiple people at once IE both members of a fistfight?

4. Is an RP event a separate thing IE two parties are shooting at each other can the police get involved or do they have to leave the event alone as to not spoil it?

5. does standing on a balcony like the ones at the appartments count as a sniper tower if used to snipe?

1. Yes.

2. Yes. instead of the security guard trying to shoot at the thief, a more passive roleplay method would be to call the Police. Mostly all security guards aren't actually armed with guns.

3. If you feel that they could cause harm to you or others around you, then yes.

4. If an event is not on the Event Server then the Police can get involved. Admins do sometimes close off area's if they are doing something in which Police presence may ruin the atmosphere.

5. No, as it is a part of the map, it is also not a tower. As long as no modifications are made (bullet proof shields, covers, etc).
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Greekin
1: Is shooting/stabbing a tranquillised body allowed if you have a valid reason to kill them?

2: Does breaking into cars but not actually driving them away count as random stealing if we have a reason to do it? Such as moving a car that's in the way of something, or turning off the radio of a parked car right outside your store.

3: A while back someone kept robbing my store without any real reason other than roleplaying as a robber, and I was told this was fairly reasonable, is this still the case? Can we roleplay as robbers/muggers if it is roleplayed well without having any straight up reason, for example mugging people in dark alleys with a knife for $50?

4: Is putting something in the back of a tides truck considered modifying it if it just simply placed inside?

5: Is reconnecting to repair a crashed vehicle allowed?
1. Should be avoided, since killing anyone must always be a last resort.
2. It will be random stealing, atleast for your examples.
3. No, but we are working on a new ruleset to alloe street crime.
4. Carrying cargo is okay.
5. No.