Windows 8 Sucks
(10-27-2012, 10:09 PM)bruterules Wrote: I'm not understanding why you guys hate it so much. Just installed it on a laptop and I'm amazed by the boot time. I'll admit I'm not a fan of metro on a computer, but really I don't think it's THAT bad.

Boot Time is not that bad, the only problem people were having with it was the fact that the boot time was too fast. My PC boots just about as fast with an SSD installed.

Meaning you just about lost access to motherboard BIOS and dual booting features.

Trevor, its fine for a tablet/windows phone where it has been and where it needs to be simple. As of now, I'd rather stick with Windows 7 due to better developing support until Windows 8 shows me something that is a definite deal-breaker.
The following 2 users Like wweee2345's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy, DoomDude1
(10-27-2012, 10:09 PM)bruterules Wrote: I'm not understanding why you guys hate it so much. Just installed it on a laptop and I'm amazed by the boot time. I'll admit I'm not a fan of metro on a computer, but really I don't think it's THAT bad.

but hu r u 2 tel me?
(10-27-2012, 11:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote:

Boot Time is not that bad, the only problem people were having with it was the fact that the boot time was too fast. My PC boots just about as fast with an SSD installed.

Meaning you just about lost access to motherboard BIOS and dual booting features.

Trevor, its fine for a tablet/windows phone where it has been and where it needs to be simple. As of now, I'd rather stick with Windows 7 due to better developing support until Windows 8 shows me something that is a definite deal-breaker.
Wweee said it, I am going to wait until SP 2 to try it out.

Off topic: Ignore the sad troll Wisp, he is banned.
wow is it really that bad...hmm i might have to reconsider upgrading to it.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

I have been using Windows 8 for 2 months now and everything has been running great on it. I have yet to find any major bugs in the system. The metro (name is scrapped but I'll still use it) interface actually works good. And if you don't like it, you can download a little plugin which gives you back a start button and makes it be the same as windows 7, only faster. What they did with windows 8 is, they optimized everything. Everything boots a little faster and it feels alot smoother than windows 7. (Well, for me it does) And if someone is wondering how I got windows 8 so early, I've got a dreamspark account and got early access to the pro version.
XP master race reporting in!
Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
The following 1 user Likes Martti's post:
  • TheGuyNL
I hate the new look.. Its gonna have giant icons... Windows should have just stayed the same way as windows 95..
(11-14-2012, 08:16 PM)Ne0ster Wrote: I hate the new look.. Its gonna have giant icons... Windows should have just stayed the same way as windows 95..

So you say we should still run on 256MB of ram with a single core processor?