Weird question
(10-08-2012, 09:16 AM)Biowulf Wrote: As far as I know slenderman targets only children as well. Only for an unknown cause

A lot kf Slender mythos tells that he is kidnaping kids for a bad behavior
Thus been explained in slender forums (by parsec studios) that the girl you are playing as, had a bad behavior of going in the park at night all alone
(10-08-2012, 06:16 PM)Tomorrow Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 09:16 AM)Biowulf Wrote: As far as I know slenderman targets only children as well. Only for an unknown cause

A lot kf Slender mythos tells that he is kidnaping kids for a bad behavior
Thus been explained in slender forums (by parsec studios) that the girl you are playing as, had a bad behavior of going in the park at night all alone

Technically the creator of Slender didn't write this anywhere. He just said on different paranormal forums that Slender was present when there were children. That's it. Though I guess you could argue that no one owns the character, therefore every interpretation is right and wrong.
Therefore Slender is AKA/originated from Bogey man, which does kidnaps kids for a bad behavior (wiki)
(10-08-2012, 09:09 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Therefore Slender is AKA/originated from Bogey man, which does kidnaps kids for a bad behavior (wiki)

Actually, the seemingly main inspirations for Slenderman are "Der Grossman", a form of boogeyman kind of character, originating from 16th century Germany.

The other one is "Cabadath" (aka "Tall Man") from the videogame "Chzo Mythos" by Ben Croshaw.
I sometimes ask myself how the hell 16 yo guy knows so freaking much...
(10-08-2012, 10:08 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: I sometimes ask myself how the hell 16 yo guy knows so freaking much...

To be fair, there is the internet. Taking credit for that would be too much. I got most of my facts from Know Your Meme, that has a wonderful article on the creation of Slenderman, and inspirations to it.
i got my Intell from this site http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/The_...r_Man_Wiki where you can assume that the origins of slenderman lies from the myths of the slenderman like creatures Der Ritter and

Quote:Slenderman has no exactly defined or specified history, however contributors have placed early sightings of Slenderman-like beings known as Der Ritter and Der Großmann in early 1600s Germany and before, where it took the dress of a knight or royal figure. Germanic fairy tales and mythology also makes use of the creatures to be used as cautionary tales for children.

Here it also states its not only children but adults as well

Quote:

Slenderman will find interest in a victim for reasons unknown

It would then contact the victim, if it is a child, presenting itself as friendly

The adults he stalks have a common trait: they have all been through a terrible tragedy in their life, even if the tragedy was made by Slenderman directly

If an adult, it would stalk the victim for long amounts of time causing what is known as "Slender sickness" causing massive paranoia, nose bleeds, nightmares, hallucinations appearing to only the sick person, and many other dangerous symptoms.

Eventually, it would abduct the victim into nearby forest, where they would be killed.

In 'messy' cases, it may remove evidence of its existence by causing fire of their home, place of work, or school

Not to mention the myths around slenderman is based from many myths around to world from Europe to North America and Asia . But even ancient civilizations Babylonian , Aztec and Egypt

So i guess with all this we can clearly state Slenderman is NOT a pedophile but rather a blood thirsty creature of the unknown
(10-09-2012, 09:03 AM)William Lionheart Wrote: Snip

Was there ever a question that Slender was a pedophile? People thinking that are just idiots. Slender isn't sexually assaulting anyone, he is "just" killing children. Doesn't make him a pedofile, makes him a murderer.
I'm getting seriously tired of Slender, it seems most new horror stuff is being based around him. It was a fun concept for a while, but now it's just the same damn thing and I can't stand it.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • MuLLeY, Slick Rick
(10-09-2012, 03:12 PM)Faustie Wrote: I'm getting seriously tired of Slender, it seems most new horror stuff is being based around him. It was a fun concept for a while, but now it's just the same damn thing and I can't stand it.

This is getting annoying just like Gangnam style
But I want to point out that most if people telling that every horror game is ripped off from Slender (by Parsec) although most of other Slender game projects were planned and are in development like 3-5 years, unlike the Slednder (by parsec) is made in just several month