A newcomer's experience
This is poetic.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 2 users Like Toxic's post:
  • DoomDude1, Aoixification
If there is one person who would have posted this, it would be you Doom. I value you as a respected member of this community already, hours mean nothing to me. I understand your concern, it seems I have missed a week of 'drama' through a broken modem, but you have to have hope that things will get better.

I myself have only been here since April, a newcomer compared to more 'senior' players but this is the first stage of real arguing/heated discussion, to put things nicely, in my whole time here. It's best to think of these times as a recession and given the right circumstances, the right input and the right motivation things will get better.

I can honestly say that I will be here to voice my objective opinions, to treat new players well and that this won't change.
I thank you for the support, and return the same respect.

The only thing that confuses me is the sentence: "If there is one person who would have posted this, it would be you Doom." =)
Unfortunately yes, things have escalated to the point where they're at right now slowly over a period of 5-6 months now. Naturally it's in everyone's best interest here that we get all this put to a halt and get people to play nice, RP on the servers and stay away from people they dislike.

Sadly, we've got quite a few internet tough-guys here, who take pleasure from seeking conflicts and taking part in flame-wars.
(09-28-2012, 10:23 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: The only thing that confuses me is the sentence: "If there is one person who would have posted this, it would be you Doom." =)

Basically, I have always known that you would be an intelligent and thoughtful member of this community, from pretty early days. And it comes as no surprise that it would be you who brings up a sensitive subject and handles it well. It's a compliment in a way. Tounge
Then my thoughts were correct. I thank you on the compliment, it means a lot coming from a member such as yourself.