A newcomer's experience
So far I have spent a total of around 180 hours on the Fearless RP servers and 1 day, 2 hours and 57 minutes on the forums.

I have joined the forums on the 29th of August 2012. I am currently 19 years of age.

By knowing all of this, you can say I am not an experienced player, someone who has been through thick and thin on the server, or known all of the "good-ol-players". Hell, I've even missed the Black Dog incident. I just feel it is my right, and almost my duty to voice my concerns.

In my close-to-a-month of being on the forums and on the servers I have witnessed the following: drama, lies, backstabbings, malicious tampering with evidence, blatant ignorance, arrogance, inability to see reason, huge amounts of intentional flaming, personal vendettas that have gone too far, too often and other nasty things.

In my opinion, is that what a relatively new member should see? The forums are abuzz with flame wars between factions, grudges started ages ago come to life with every new thread, every new post. Sub-factions within the server have been formed, each openly attacking members of other sub-factions. Intentional trolling is the least of the issues here.

The worst thing, the most horrid thing, is the type of people who partake in such activities. Not new players who do not care for the server, or do not know proper forum conduct. I see these vile attributes in admins and senior players. I see them with people who have stuck around this server for quite a long time, server and date wise. People who have made a commitment and yet, stoop very low when it comes to petty vendettas. I shall not give out any names, nor shall I point out any posts. It is for you to decide.

I am still doing some private investigations on the forums and in-game about several things I am very, very concerned about. When I feel I have gathered enough evidence, from all of the parties involved, I shall post the results for everyone to see, no tampering, no back door meetings.

I ask you this Fearless, has everything gone so wrong that a member with less than a month under his belt is almost forced to do this? Has it gone so far?

**EDIT** Corrected a grammar error
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Moisty, Salinsky
Everywhere has tough times man. You cant expect a community to constantly be in a golden age. It has been a lot worse. Just wait it out man. The only way things can get better is sadly through argument. I understand your concern, but no need to fear everything will be better.
I wish I could be consoled easily, but alas, I cannot.
All I can see are people doing nasty things. Abusing their powers, their gameplay time, their friends, anything they can use in an argument... I just don't see a way out without a massive shock to the system of Fearless...
It's sad to see you got into community in its "worst" times
You see, I joined fearless in 2010, joined community in 2011
In year 2010 it did really scared me the fact that there really was a lot of arguing a and all the things you listed
Until this year, this particular month, this community in my eyes is getting completely destroyed
Before it was really friendly and much brighter
In just these several months a lot if bad stuff happened
A huge amount of admins were demoted
So do loads of senior members getting banned
A lot of arguing a starting and I have no idea why now, why not in the past 2 years
FL as you see it right now wasn't always like that
But every single thing gets through hard times. And I think right now is exact time
But our administrative team (mostly Soul, Nudelholz, Killjoy and Faustie) right now are trying to do their best to recover communities balance back to how it was before, and I can tell you that's no lie
They really do show a lot of effort they are putting in it
I can really only hope the community will get back to normal really soon
I'm just yet again sorry that you got here in a quite bad times
But hey, let's look at things brighter!
If you will pay a bit more attention, I'm sure you will see (just like I do) that right now ours starting to get a bit better
In sad for the loss of our several great admins and members
But we already have some new mature, civil and very intelligent admins and members
I'd even say you are one if them :]
So don't think about that too bad
I gotta good feeling about this communities future Wink
I like your write-up.
I do understand that but also, try to understand my point of view.

I find it sad... no... horrible, that a person with less than 200h on the server answers to questions in OOC chat more often than people with a lot more. I find it sad that I'm more mature than the majority of the server (honour to the exceptions). I find it scary that I see players and admins that have stuck for a long time with the server get banned. I'm petrified by the fact that some people abuse their power, be it server experience or admin privileges.

I will try to find hope in the future, perhaps a better player base... But right now, I see a spiral of doom (no pun intended).
I see your point
But I'm just a guy which hopes for a brighter future here to come again
From my past experiences of a year and a half on a SAMP RP server, as an admin for a few of those months and 5,000 posts on their forum, I can tell you that the aggressiveness and hate between players and factions, and all you mentioned will just never stop and you will just have to get used to it, it's just something that happens, Wish it did not but it does.
Steam Name: Fallcon
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34631279
(09-28-2012, 07:11 AM)bottar1 Wrote: From my past experiences of a year and a half on a SAMP RP server, as an admin for a few of those months and 5,000 posts on their forum, I can tell you that the aggressiveness and hate between players and factions, and all you mentioned will just never stop and you will just have to get used to it, it's just something that happens, Wish it did not but it does.

Of course hate, immaturity and disrespectfull players/persons is everywhere..

But some forums have alot more of them than others do, some servers have more minges than others do, some servers have more administrators than others do..

It all about the people.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(09-28-2012, 07:42 AM)Baseplate Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 07:11 AM)bottar1 Wrote: From my past experiences of a year and a half on a SAMP RP server, as an admin for a few of those months and 5,000 posts on their forum, I can tell you that the aggressiveness and hate between players and factions, and all you mentioned will just never stop and you will just have to get used to it, it's just something that happens, Wish it did not but it does.

Of course hate, immaturity and disrespectfull players/persons is everywhere..

But some forums have alot more of them than others do, some servers have more minges than others do, some servers have more administrators than others do..

It all about the people.

Still, every gaming community has it's percentage of selfish assholes, in my previous community on another game & roleplay server it was a thing of their being a ton of e-thugs, who fanboy on rap music and act like dickheads over the microphone shouting the N word.

Here it's minges proppushing and trolololing over the mic, etc.

No matter if you have 100 admins you can't stop it from happening, just reduce it and repel it. The minges and bad people will always be their, just when admins are around they will hide it.
Steam Name: Fallcon
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34631279