Admins Kicking and banning without talking.
(03-20-2012, 06:46 PM)Jacob1029 Wrote: I agree with the posts saying that admins don't have the time etc, but I think some of you missed the point by saying things like "propblockers shouldn't be talked to ". If you had read my post you would of seen there was no propblock, or maybe I didn't make my post clear I don't know?

And yes, I 100% agree that there should be more admins as long as there isn't a situation where 5 admins are on and they are all doing an awesome rp and therefore not responding to calls.

Thanks everything for your input.

If you're talking about the claim of Forceghost kicking you for propblocking and then him showing a clear picture of it then, I don't see how it is not prop block. There is no keypad or button access from that side of which the picture was taken. I am pretty sure unless I am wrong, the keypad has to be within a meter or right beside the fading door regardless of the situation. If you still constructing then you should still have the keypad close to the fading door even if you know that you will have to move it later.

By the way, I don't think we're just talking about propblocking, we are just using that as an example because I believe its pretty obvious that its not allowed such as other rules like Random Deathmatch.
Like I said Jas, it was a misunderstanding that was cleared up and no matter how the picture looks there was NO propblock as forceghost agreed.

This is not a thread for "omg admin kckd me for propblock" it's just one example's of many how not talking even in brief doesn't help.
I read through this thread I don't think I found him saying it wasn't propblock though I don't care anymore.
More back to the main point here:
If its just a kick, you can always go back on the server and purpose the misunderstanding or use forums to contact the admin and tell him about it. If its a ban then you should still use the unban request section to clear up the problem and get unbanned if it actually was genuinely a misunderstanding.
You have to understand that time is a issue with the amount of players and that's all there really is to it. They can't spend time to talk to everyone. Also keep in mind that a lot of people, if they got the chance to talk about a rule break before being punished, would just use it to make excuses and wastes the admins time. How are the admins suppose to know who actually can prove they didn't break the rules instead of complaining or making excuses?
(03-20-2012, 07:36 PM)jas2511 Wrote: I read through this thread I don't think I found him saying it wasn't propblock though I don't care anymore.
More back to the main point here:
If its just a kick, you can always go back on the server and purpose the misunderstanding or use forums to contact the admin and tell him about it. If its a ban then you should still use the unban request section to clear up the problem and get unbanned if it actually was genuinely a misunderstanding.
You have to understand that time is a issue with the amount of players and that's all there really is to it. They can't spend time to talk to everyone. Also keep in mind that a lot of people, if they got the chance to talk about a rule break before being punished, would just use it to make excuses and wastes the admins time. How are the admins suppose to know who actually can prove they didn't break the rules instead of complaining or making excuses?

He tp'd back to me after I rejoined like I said and we cleared things up.

Use an unban request, do you not think this is a massive waste of time when the ban shouldn't happen?

I'm pretty sure I understand the time issue, and I said that. Still an issue..

Lets put another example:
Get's kicked with awp equipped and ammo or other guns.
Rejoins (after over 9000 attempts)
5mins of tp admin, admin come to me that kick was uneeded and I lost my stuff.
Admin turns up, will be annoyed due having to deal with player again.
Discussion takes place, player maybe proves his innocence and admin has to refund.
Wouldn't it of been faster just to speak for a min or 2 in the first place?

Don't see why you seem so negative on my views, I'm not saying the server is a horrible experience and admins are rubbish I'm just saying it is something that really could be improved.

Honestly, it seems like people are never happy with the admins. I've been admin on quite a few servers and 1 larger scale one with about 40-50 players and I know it can be tough always with people asking admins for help and really never being able to sit back for a bit. In my opinion I think they are doing fine. I'm not paying to play on this server, so I don't expect premium service, even if I did donate. I don't expect anymore special service. Heck, I felt bad asking Soul for donator status after I didn't get it on the forums because I know I donated and it should be to help the server, not just for the things that come with it.
I lost a suit not long ago, just bought it and then my garrysmod got messed up and I had to restart garrysmod. I got back in and realized that I lost the suit. Asked a few admins, but they didn't seem too inclined to go through the trouble of seeing that its true and refunding. I'm fine with this though. They have better stuff to take care of then refund me just 100k. Money doesn't mean much to me on the server anymore because I'm playing for the RP experience.

I really don't see how trying to improve the server is expecting a premium service. wow.
All I'm trying to say is, don't be picky. Just appreciate that they are there. If they obviously don't have time to do something, don't bug them to make time and add to the stress they already have.
The following 2 users Like jas2511's post:
  • ForceGhost, Jacob1029