Admins Kicking and banning without talking.
Hello,
I wish to raise this point as it's a pretty terrible way to moderate the server.

Many admins are doing this:
Seeing something/responding to a report and then they kick the player or ban without even talking to them.

Example:
Forceghost tp'd to someone about a base propblock.
Force fails to see the keypad on the other wall in plain sight..not hidden.
Force kicks the prop owner without speaking to him.
If force had say,tp'd to the owner or pm'd the owner would of told him that the keypad is on the other wall about 5meters down as the base is under construction and when done the keypad would be in a place that makes sense due to the new props.

Another example:
Andreas sat on the street.
Andreas sees a car driver trying to run someone over.
Andreas 24hrs bans the car driver for cdm.
If Andreas would have spoke to the driver, he would of found out that the player was on the roof of his car before with a crowbar and that would show up in logs.

The list could go on but the point I'm making is wouldn't the server be so much better if admins could be bothered to speak?
I know its a hard job,and I know you wish to get things done quick so you may rp but if you can't admin quickly without rushing don't at all because all you make is problems.

I don't like to post and moan about the server, I love the server. However this just keeps happening to many players and I don't think it's really acceptable for such a large server.

I hope you take my point into account. Thanks.
Most the time, I either Jail them for a couple minutes and ask them to read the rules.

Sometimes we have to go straight to action.

1 Admin to 50 Players isn't a good combination and we get 6 or 7 @ calls every couple of minutes.

(Here is your Propblock btw)
[Image: MFkp3.jpg]
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ForceGhost's post:
  • equal, beflok
Forceghost has just tp'd to me, I showed him the base and it is all ok. There was no propblock,just a misunderstanding.

I know it is hard to admin 50 people if you are the only one, but let's try to improve this!

See my point here guys? If we talk, we don't loose money,time, effort.

I understand you buddy!

Admins should take their time to speak with the minor rulebreakers, since it's pretty often they are misunderstanding the whole situation.

Back in days I would have wished they really did this. But I actualy don't mind anymore.

But I understand it, and I think it requires a change.
The following 1 user Likes Kalist's post:
  • Zamar
Well it was only a kick so don't worry that much,i understand that the admins should listen to you when you want to explain your self not to do the following...
Admin:Why are you propblocking?
Player:Am i...(keeps typing)
Admin:!menu
Admin:ulx menu>utility>ban>player 1440 "propblocking"
IGN:Igor "Flower" R   Steam:LowerFlowerPower

[Image: fsx42Oo.png]

Exactly, it's only a kick but it could easily be a ban.

You could easily loose a shipment of AWPS etc.
I'm not here to moan, or regain lost items. Just want to improve FLRP for the greater good.
Also,if they take too long then the massive propblocks will be missed and massive CDMs and such,the only way to fix this is to recruit more admins,not suggesting me (even though i wouldn't mind it) ,but expierienced players such as Equalizer,Zzzzap and others who have a long record on the server.
IGN:Igor "Flower" R   Steam:LowerFlowerPower

[Image: fsx42Oo.png]

(03-18-2012, 07:47 PM)LowerFlowerPower Wrote: but expierienced players such as Equalizer,Zzzzap and others who have a long record on the server.

Admining Equal equal the death of us all
The following 4 users Like Colonel Burger's post:
  • equal, Haarek, WorldWideCoffee, Grub
(03-18-2012, 07:45 PM)Jacob1029 Wrote: Exactly, it's only a kick but it could easily be a ban.

You could easily loose a shipment of AWPS etc.
I'm not here to moan, or regain lost items. Just want to improve FLRP for the greater good.

How do you lose a shipment of AWPs unless you're handing them out to everyone?

You must also consider that some rulebreakers cannot be talked to. EX: Propkillers, RDMers, Random Tranqers, random mollies. The list goes on.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
Yes, but if your the only Admin on the server together with 50 other players, it is not easy to talk to every player whom does something wrong. It would take minutes and you would receive new Admin calls within seconds, most of the time. So yeah, it is not always possible to talk to the person.

I would rather give them a kick then a ban, just for warning.