Admins Kicking and banning without talking.
(03-18-2012, 07:57 PM)Colonel Burger Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 07:47 PM)LowerFlowerPower Wrote: but expierienced players such as Equalizer,Zzzzap and others who have a long record on the server.

Admining Equal equal the death of us all
Should i push the like button? Lmao

[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(03-18-2012, 08:23 PM)Shadow Wrote: Yes, but if your the only Admin on the server together with 50 other players, it is not easy to talk to every player whom does something wrong. It would take minutes and you would receive new Admin calls within seconds, most of the time. So yeah, it is not always possible to talk to the person.

I would rather give them a kick then a ban, just for warning.

^^ This.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
When you join, you're presented with a menu that clearly states what you're not allowed to do.
THAT was your warning. A kick could also be your warning, as you did something you were specifically told NOT to do.
If you wont read the rules, you're already deserving of a kick. Bans are handed out as punishment and timeouts to those that BLATANTLY break the rules.
The kind of things that you don't just "accidentally" do or forget not to do, the things you can't justify at all.

If the admins wanted, they could kick people instantly, with reasons like "Broke General rule 8 and 20, Rebels/mafia rule 1", they don't HAVE to explain anything, you were already told all the rules when you joined. So don't be so quick to judge the admins for making quick punishment where due, it wouldn't have happened if you followed the rules.

If you are ever unsure about what you're doing is ok, take a look at the rules. If the rules say you can't do it, DON'T.
The following 3 users Like Sweet Bro's post:
  • Aoixification, Toxic, Haarek
Almost every damn player knows that propblock is illegal, whether reading the rules or not.
You do not need to be told not to break a rule, which you know you have broken.

When you join the server, you are prompted with a massive menu, which is conveniently open to the Welcome Rules tab. You are supposed to read these rules, and develop an understanding for them. If you have a question, ask. Disregarding them will result in a ban, and you can infact view this reason on the website, and also post an appeal which will be considered.

Admins are not radio show hosts. They don't need to have a 10 minute interview with each member of the server. I, to would have no tolerance or respect for someone who prop blocks, seeing as it is the most basic rule of GMod, next to RDM. Everytime I see a thread like this, I always come to this point:

If you don't break the rules, you don't need to worry about being "banned without discussion"! READ THE RULES!

Oh, and lastly. Do you understand how hard it is to "get through" to a true minge verbally? They will ignore every word you say, and most likely be laughing at their PC. This just gives admins another reason to ban. Short bans are the way to teach minges. 24 hours is nothing to kill yourself over. It is a sheer sign that you need improvement, and shouldn't do it again.
The following 1 user Likes Noobias's post:
  • StillAlive
^
*minge on server running around propkilling*
*only admin currently on server grabs with physgun*
ok lets talk about your offense for a few minutes
*20+ admin calls while admin is still talking to minge*

[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
Glad you agree.

Why do you need to talk to a propblocker? Nothing they say to an admin is going to make the admin hold off on a ban.
(03-19-2012, 04:36 AM)Coal Felpz Wrote: Almost every damn player knows that propblock is illegal, whether reading the rules or not.
You do not need to be told not to break a rule, which you know you have broken.

If you don't break the rules, you don't need to worry about being "banned without discussion"! READ THE RULES!
I strongly agree with the statements above. If you don't break the rules then there won't be a problem. Take some time to read the rules and make sure you understand them, though, there are some things which should appear as obvious such as prop blocking/surfing/killing and etc. that you don't need to be told to know its probably against the rules. Since this is a roleplay community with roleplay servers I think that it should make those rules even more obvious.

(03-19-2012, 05:11 AM)Coal Felpz Wrote: Why do you need to talk to a propblocker? Nothing they say to an admin is going to make the admin hold off on a ban.

Again, agreeing strongly with the statement above, especially if its very obvious. Nothing you say is going to prevent the ban from happening. If there is a misunderstanding then you can post an unban request with valid information that can prove the misunderstanding instead of posting an admin abuse thread for the admin not taking the time to point out something obvious or listen to the 'misunderstanding' which most of the time is probably the player just trying to make an excuse as to why they think they didn't break the rules.

If we all use common sense and take peoples positions and the situation they are in into consideration, then there wouldn't be many if any problems.
Example: 1 Admin and 49 players on one server. The admin obviously doesn't have time to help and talk to everyone that breaks the rules, and from what I've gathered, there are a lot of @ requests.
The following 1 user Likes jas2511's post:
  • Noobias
A list of things The Team has to achieve (On FL)
1) Look after the server.
2) Look after the Forums.
3) Give out RP points.
4) Create RP events.
5) Sort out players loosing items
6) Check logs regularly for anything we missed.
7) Reboot the Server when it crashes.
8) Refund Contra for Restart
9) Regularly Phase round the Server to check for: Double Doors, Propblocks, Fading door abuse and other simple rule breaks.
10) Try to keep updated with the Ban Request's that seem to double in size every day.
11) Try to keep updated with the Unban Request's that seem to triple in size every day.
12) Moderate the Team Speak.

What i have to achieve in the same time frame as the above
1) Look after my family
2) Walk the Dog
3) Coding
4) Wash, Shower, Shave, Shit
5) Sleep
6) Drink
7) Eat
8) Record with my Band
9) Fix PC issues.
10) TSR work for SWGEMU
11) CA Work for Project SWG
12) Delve into EvE online to farm enough ISK to keep my sub going..
12.5) IF that fails Make a trip to the bank to pay the money i failed to farm in.
13) Wash up
14) Cook
15) Work up in London half the week.

There is a lot of things we need to do.

You guys can make it easier for us by not putting

"ADMIN TO ME!!!!!" or "HLP PLZ ADMIN!!".

I normally go to those calls but from tomorrow wont be due to the sheer amount of @ calls we get it is ridiculous to expect us to go to every single call, talk to the player, check the logs and then hand out a ban. It just isn't possible.

So please, If you need us.. Type an informative @ message like "There is a guy here Prop pushing his car" and we'll get to you ASAP.

Cheers.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
This, is what I have to say to you, sir.
FUMUKU
WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FEARLESS RP

UNBAN BLACKDOG
I agree with the posts saying that admins don't have the time etc, but I think some of you missed the point by saying things like "propblockers shouldn't be talked to ". If you had read my post you would of seen there was no propblock, or maybe I didn't make my post clear I don't know?

And yes, I 100% agree that there should be more admins as long as there isn't a situation where 5 admins are on and they are all doing an awesome rp and therefore not responding to calls.

Thanks everything for your input.