My Opinion
For anyone out there, I'm posting what I posted not to irritate admins, nor did I post it to irritate players, I posted what I did because I care about the community, and I care about the server. I saw things possibly going down-hill in the long run, so I'm trying to speak up about what I think may be wrong with this community, every community has flaws, so lets make an effort, these opinions are to help out the community.
Quote:Why is the days I go on the server, I see the following:

- An admin RDMing a player
- An admin trolling a player for his/her opinion
- An admin performing a silly stunt that doesnt promote RP

And they go without consequences.

When it comes to Admin Abuse threads, it is one in a million chances that an admin is actually prosecuted.

If there's an admin abusing his position, bring solid evidence. Use the templates, organize and properly argument your case. What are the abuse reports right now? "I got banned and I'm very upset."

Quote: RP points lack the promotion of quality RP and are often abused by admins and players themselves.

Most players that I have spoken to, being several, RP for just RP points and that means items such as Gas Mask or Tommy Gun's. Once they've hit that accomplishment, there is generally a immediate drop in the quality of that player's RP.

People who are only after the gas mask or tommy-gun will pretty much never get their RP points set up, as usually people who are overly focused on items lack the RP side. People with a considerable amount of RP points are players who mainly want to get more points as a form of recognition.
Also did you forget the lack on professionalism in admins? Kicking players as a joke, taking money (Even if it's 1$), and slaying them.
Quote:If there's an admin abusing his position, bring solid evidence. Use the templates, organize and properly argument your case. What are the abuse reports right now? "I got banned and I'm very upset."

Ill reiterate what I stated shortly after what you quoted:
Admin abuse threads are rarely successful, even if they are legit, being back up with strong evidence. Reasons being is every admin rushes to the aid of admins, not as professionals, but to save the hide of their friend. Hence you rarely see any reasoning other than, "I see no abuse here" or something similar like "Fail", etc. The rules are often poorly enforced on these threads especially with those agreeing with the said admin, and posting one is often seen as useless from a regular players standpoint. It's pretty simple, they are always denied. A regular user may have profound evidence against an admin, but what is it worth to him when its almost certain it is going to be denied and they wasted the time to do it.

Regarding your assertion on RP points,
My point is it still happens, there are several players on the server whom choose to RP effectively until they receive their RP point. I've come to realize especially from OOC, that majority of players do not RP for the fun of it, they want to reap the rewards. Now there are an occasional few who do not follow this path, but it does not compare to the majority.

As Tank has stated, some of the admins lack professionalism. Such as slapping the players when they say something silly, the method of taking money is out of proportions, and of course using the slay command for reasons other than true RP reasons.

(03-06-2012, 09:18 PM)wweee2345 Wrote:
Quote:If there's an admin abusing his position, bring solid evidence. Use the templates, organize and properly argument your case. What are the abuse reports right now? "I got banned and I'm very upset."

Ill reiterate what I stated shortly after what you quoted:
Admin abuse threads are rarely successful, even if they are legit, being back up with strong evidence. Reasons being is every admin rushes to the aid of admins, not as professionals, but to save the hide of their friend. Hence you rarely see any reasoning other than, "I see no abuse here" or something similar like "Fail", etc. The rules are often poorly enforced on these threads especially with those agreeing with the said admin, and posting one is often seen as useless from a regular players standpoint. It's pretty simple, they are always denied. A regular user may have profound evidence against an admin, but what is it worth to him when its almost certain it is going to be denied and they wasted the time to do it.

Regarding your assertion on RP points,
My point is it still happens, there are several players on the server whom choose to RP effectively until they receive their RP point. I've come to realize especially from OOC, that majority of players do not RP for the fun of it, they want to reap the rewards. Now there are an occasional few who do not follow this path, but it does not compare to the majority.

As Tank has stated, some of the admins lack professionalism. Such as slapping the players when they say something silly, the method of taking money is out of proportions, and of course using the slay command for reasons other than true RP reasons.

I take it you haven't seen some of my latest reviews of admin abuse threads.
(03-06-2012, 09:18 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Admin abuse threads are rarely successful, even if they are legit, being back up with strong evidence.
Bring one example of a tampered/muffled admin abuse case.

(03-06-2012, 09:18 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: ... of course using the slay command for reasons other than true RP reasons.
Don't forget admin work, the no. 1 reason for our tools even being there.
(03-06-2012, 10:13 PM)Killjoy Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 09:18 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Admin abuse threads are rarely successful, even if they are legit, being back up with strong evidence.
Bring one example of a tampered/muffled admin abuse case.

(03-06-2012, 09:18 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: ... of course using the slay command for reasons other than true RP reasons.
Don't forget admin work, the no. 1 reason for our tools even being there.

Unfortunately, I have none I can pull up, and I personally do not wish to go grave digging for post.

You said admin work?
For what reason would they need to slay a player for admin purposes. That's almost like saying I can RDM someone because I was working on an RP. Or saying I can abuse my powers to kill people because Im doing admin work. What you've stated now is vague and has contradicted Soul on his assertion that the admin team is trained to be professionals. Other than possible RP reasons, such as someone RPing a scene, in which involves death, it should never be used. If it involves admin work, is it not simple enough to halt it through a comment in PM or OOC? Or even just the use of a less violent tool such as the slap command?

Faustie
Though I have young sir, I made mention to you in a previous post regarding an admin abuse thread.
How about slaying somebody as a disciplinary action?

And you not being able to find a single abuse case, where the staff simply ignores the report (which you claim happens all the time,) really raises some concerns here.

What are you trying to achieve? Simply undermining us and throwing dirt around?
Again Killjoy, their are other methods or commands to do so, as I mentioned the slap command works effectively and doesn't require the death of a player. Or simply sending a message to the player via PM or OOC chat. Chat is there for a reason, whether it be social or behavioral. There is in no way to promote some sort of RDM, as part of Disciplinary action. We have work-arounds here being:

- Bans
- Kicks
- Blacklist
- Demotions
- Slap
- Freeze/Jail

Each of which is there as a more intermediate way of discipline

As I stated above, unfortunately I am ill-prepared and don't have any of these cases at hand.
Even backtracking as you seem to have think I have, I never stated that it happens all the time. I did though state that admins to rush to the aid of one another on several occasions. Evidence is rarely there as it happens at random, often meaning that admins are not caught after the said events. The lack of cases even so is to blame upon the lack of video evidence or log evidence, being as the events happen at random. Its unlikely that Im going to have FRAPS or any other sort of screen-recording software open while playing the game. It affects performance and isnt worth it to me. Being said, Im almost positive this could be the case with several others.

What am I trying to achieve?
In the end, all Im doing is shedding light upon issues that need attention just as the author of this thread has. Ive voiced my opinion about my thoughts, in no way have I undermined you or the admins. Ive maintained a professional composure and stated my facts as they were.
With this being said, its unlike that just because I have voiced my opinion, my intentions were and never are to throw dirt around. Hope this solves any further accusations on mine or others parts.

~The Panda