My Opinion
(02-22-2012, 12:25 AM)Equalizer Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 11:53 PM)StillAlive Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 10:58 PM)Holdem Wrote: Who cares about the reason. Thing is, I believe Admin Applications might be a good idea, but only as in sending a message to certain person. Say for example: Admin Applications open! Then there would be a template to fill in and you would send a Private Message to whoever is in charge, say Nudel or Soul. You would fill it in and put out a personal opinion/message. This should help the Admins select people, since there are competent people out there who aren't really well known but would do the job perfectly IMO.

That's exactly how I became admin, although I aint proud to say it..

Why not? You can proudly say that you got picked out of maybe 50 persons who posted. Thats means you had something others didnt. :3

Quite true, hell i got my position via an application process and i dont feel bad about it
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • equal
I can understand StillAlive in a way. It's different to be chosen without you putting "interest" into it, than to send an application. Think about it this way. Would you feel more Accomplished with yourself if the job you worked for contacts YOU to work for them, or if you send a CV and they accept you?. Even though you should feel proud to be where you are.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(02-22-2012, 09:16 AM)Holdem Wrote: I can understand StillAlive in a way. It's different to be chosen without you putting "interest" into it, than to send an application. Think about it this way. Would you feel more Accomplished with yourself if the job you worked for contacts YOU to work for them, or if you send a CV and they accept you?. Even though you should feel proud to be where you are.

True, but its nothing to be a shamed of. =3
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
That's what I meant with "You should feel proud to be where you are". Gogo StillAlive!
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(02-21-2012, 12:44 PM)Jan Wrote: I can't agree more, IF there will be admin applications again, admins should vote and NOT the players.

Sir, I request you kindly to stop these opinions that are already known and thus quite unnecessary. They make you look like an asskisser tbh.

The following 1 user Likes Biowulf's post:
  • Slick Rick
(02-22-2012, 01:31 PM)Biowulf Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 12:44 PM)Jan Wrote: I can't agree more, IF there will be admin applications again, admins should vote and NOT the players.

Sir, I request you kindly to stop these opinions that are already known and thus quite unnecessary. They make you look like an asskisser tbh.

What makes me look like an asskisser? By agreeing with someone's opinion? Definetly not.
And no it's not unnecessary; it's my opinion.
(02-22-2012, 01:35 PM)Jan Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 01:31 PM)Biowulf Wrote:

What makes me look like an asskisser? By agreeing with someone's opinion? Definetly not.
And no it's not unnecessary; it's my opinion.

Ok then, but it's the way you bring it.

I think most everyone has the same general problem with the current system, and according to storm, members of the previous admin team left because of this.. I'm not going to say names, but too many admins are being promoted to admin, not because of FL experience with the server and with the players..But they're being promoted because they have some relationship with another admin, or some sort of background un-related to FL, and one admin likes them and decides to promote them for trial. The issue with all of this is the fact that there is, or there could be unfair admin promotions and the players of FL can't control one bit of the process, so we dont know if their being promoted unfairly! All we can do is look at it from an outside prospective, and when we see a new admin with 100 hours, it looks a bit suspect. Refering to the Storm situation, he said that sometimes the other admins don't even have a say on the promotion, thus leading to some of the old admin team members leaving. If it's happening, it's not fair for anyone, it's not fair for the players, it's not fair to the community, and in some cases, it's not fair to other admins. I'm not saying that it is, but this system could possibly be corrupt, looking in from the outside. But, I do have faith that the admins will deal with the possible issues in this system, I believe their working on the issues currently.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Ms. Mudpie, Biowulf
(02-22-2012, 10:47 PM)Vauld Wrote: I think most everyone has the same general problem with the current system, and according to storm, members of the previous admin team left because of this.. I'm not going to say names, but too many admins are being promoted to admin, not because of FL experience with the server and with the players..But they're being promoted because they have some relationship with another admin, or some sort of background un-related to FL, and one admin likes them and decides to promote them for trial. The issue with all of this is the fact that there is, or there could be unfair admin promotions and the players of FL can't control one bit of the process, so we dont know if their being promoted unfairly! All we can do is look at it from an outside prospective, and when we see a new admin with 100 hours, it looks a bit suspect. Refering to the Storm situation, he said that sometimes the other admins don't even have a say on the promotion, thus leading to some of the old admin team members leaving. If it's happening, it's not fair for anyone, it's not fair for the players, it's not fair to the community, and in some cases, it's not fair to other admins. I'm not saying that it is, but this system could possibly be corrupt, looking in from the outside. But, I do have faith that the admins will deal with the possible issues in this system, I believe their working on the issues currently.

The mass-leave was because of improper votes and promotions without a full majority vote or even allowing the whole team to have a say or debate the matter. I'm not trying to jibe soul here by the way, at the time we were understaffed as a lot of the team had issues preventing them from getting on the server. Forcing Soul to hire new staff as quickly as he could.

I'm not sure if this is still happening or not but I doubt it as it was a long time ago and Nudel is also a Co-Owner now.
Storm, as to whether it is still happening or stuff, I'll say just this, there was a recent situation in which I pretty much took up arms to stop it continuing and protect the way the admin team should function with a full vote and discussion. I'm saying this publically because there are and always will be issues in any admin team, and there are some currently, and I'm damned if I'm not going to try my hardest to fix them - Making you guys a bit aware of this is encouragement for the admin team to approve now you know a bit of what goes on. Being in the spotlight always helps improve things if they know they can't get away with certain things.

Also Vauld, don't knock low hours, I was promoted at under 100 hours, I have many many more now and still admin Tounge