My Opinion
(02-21-2012, 12:36 PM)Lani Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 11:27 AM)Equalizer Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 10:42 AM)Lani Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 09:40 AM)Emnesty Wrote: I personally think admin applications should be opened for say... 5 days, and the admin team AND the rest of the players can give their opinions on who should and shouldn't be given trial admin.
That should eliminate a goods amount of the complaints about the admin team, as everyone will have had an opportunity to have a say.

No, just no.

What damage would it cause?

I'll give you two examples.

First; If a couple of unemployed citizens were to write a job application, who were to decide whether they would get the job or not? The unemployed citizens, or the CEO in the company? (Example between players and administrators)

Second; If an administrator is very strict, most players will most likely vote no because they get banned a lot. It's unfair to choose which players can vote and who can't, therefore it's better for votes to be administrator votes.
The whole point of letting the players vote is because they are the ones complaining. If there were so many complaints about the people who got those jobs, They wouldn't have them for long. Everyone is complaining about how there's not enough admins on and when someone new gets trial admin they complain about who.
It simply seemed like a logical way to eliminate the majority of said complaints about the admin team.
Everyone will vote for their friends... What we want is a application thread where only ADMINS Vote after picked out a couple.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Yeah, I got denied in my trial but later on, a few months after they decided to give me another shot at it.
(02-21-2012, 06:17 PM)Shadow Wrote: Yeah, I got denied in my trial but later on, a few months after they decided to give me another shot at it.

And you got promoted like a baws.
(02-21-2012, 06:17 PM)Shadow Wrote: Yeah, I got denied in my trial but later on, a few months after they decided to give me another shot at it.

Wasn't it you who got demoted by killy for giving yourself money for events?

Sorry if I'm wrong.
(02-21-2012, 08:24 PM)Strom Wrote:

Sorry if I'm wrong.

God no, I think he was taking apart in some failing or something. :3
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • ForceGhost
(02-21-2012, 08:24 PM)Strom Wrote:

Sorry if I'm wrong.

Yes, that was Shadow.
Who cares about the reason. Thing is, I believe Admin Applications might be a good idea, but only as in sending a message to certain person. Say for example: Admin Applications open! Then there would be a template to fill in and you would send a Private Message to whoever is in charge, say Nudel or Soul. You would fill it in and put out a personal opinion/message. This should help the Admins select people, since there are competent people out there who aren't really well known but would do the job perfectly IMO.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(02-21-2012, 10:58 PM)Holdem Wrote: Who cares about the reason. Thing is, I believe Admin Applications might be a good idea, but only as in sending a message to certain person. Say for example: Admin Applications open! Then there would be a template to fill in and you would send a Private Message to whoever is in charge, say Nudel or Soul. You would fill it in and put out a personal opinion/message. This should help the Admins select people, since there are competent people out there who aren't really well known but would do the job perfectly IMO.

That's exactly how I became admin, although I aint proud to say it..
(02-21-2012, 11:53 PM)StillAlive Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 10:58 PM)Holdem Wrote: Who cares about the reason. Thing is, I believe Admin Applications might be a good idea, but only as in sending a message to certain person. Say for example: Admin Applications open! Then there would be a template to fill in and you would send a Private Message to whoever is in charge, say Nudel or Soul. You would fill it in and put out a personal opinion/message. This should help the Admins select people, since there are competent people out there who aren't really well known but would do the job perfectly IMO.

That's exactly how I became admin, although I aint proud to say it..

Why not? You can proudly say that you got picked out of maybe 50 persons who posted. Thats means you had something others didnt. :3
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Fultz, Haarek