My Opinion
(02-20-2012, 05:54 PM)Dryblood Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 03:49 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 08:24 AM)Dryblood Wrote: About Admins, each one is given a week for a trial, then each admin has to say Y/N if one says no then the admin has failed there trial, so if you pass this trial then being admin is something to be proud of.
And how many trial admins haven't passed the trial?

Lani on v2d/Shadow and someone else (In my time as Admin)

The only reason Lani was denied full adminship is because of the amount of drama it caused with the old team.
And by drama, I mean a steamchat with every admin having a big argument (I kicked up a pretty big fuss about it I admit.)

The amount of new admins without proper votes were the reason (the majority) of the oldies resigned. Including myself and sJ.
(02-20-2012, 05:58 PM)Strom Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 05:54 PM)Dryblood Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 03:49 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 08:24 AM)Dryblood Wrote: About Admins, each one is given a week for a trial, then each admin has to say Y/N if one says no then the admin has failed there trial, so if you pass this trial then being admin is something to be proud of.
And how many trial admins haven't passed the trial?

Lani on v2d/Shadow and someone else (In my time as Admin)

The only reason Lani was denied full adminship is because of the amount of drama it caused with the old team.
And by drama, I mean a steamchat with every admin having a big argument (I kicked up a pretty big fuss about it I admit.)

The amount of new admins without proper votes were the reason (the majority) of the oldies resigned. Including myself and sJ.

I know bud, I was there.
(02-20-2012, 02:11 PM)StillAlive Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 08:48 AM)Anakonda Wrote: some weeks after still got admin he became inactive

Let me explain something to you Anakonda. I go to school everyday for 7-8 hours. 2 times a week I work for 7 hours. 1 time in the week I'm taking "hunting sign" so I can begin on going out hunting. 3 times a'week I play handball on a very professional niveau. 1 time a'week I play handball matches (which is in the weekend). 1-2 times a'week I go to the gym.

Now almost after I received admin, I had some problems with my former girlfriend which of I've had been together with for 3 years.

Now add my social life too with birthdays, going out and actually having friends to be with.

What I'm trying to say is WE CANT all have the time to be on constantly. Damn I'm tired of people thinking we're robots or something.. I do my best to get on but it is damn hard. And posts like these doesn't really encourage us to get on...

Also my computer broke yesterday and I dont know when I can get back in the game... Maybe my laptop can run Gmod but I'm not sure.

God damn it....

can u please read the whole text?

[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
It seems some sense has spread throughout the community.

I would agree with what Vauld is saying in this thread, but Im not gonna say that, "I know how it was back in the old days." Mainly because its likely I don't know what it was like back in the old days.

With regards to the admin team now,
Its already too large and the community just keeps asking for more; thinking it's somehow going to change anything. Point and place, players of the community need to stop asking for more administrator's and ask for better quality administrator's. There has been some decent additions to the admin team, but currently the team consist of Europeans whom are all on at the same time; The admins who are American all live on EST time zone and are online the same time as the European admins. I further would like to iterate my point by stating: Currently we have 10 admins whom are European (not including the trial-admins, SA, and so on) to 3 admins originating from others areas of the world. Admins before the rather sudden changes in team were a lot stricter in their terms. No one has really ever been denied once they've reached Trial Admin status. And the process of getting Trial Admin seems even cruder than getting the job as an Administrator. Let's face it as well, Soulripper doesn't get on enough to actually see who actually deserves the position, so as a result it's based upon admin recommendation 9/10.
A possible solution I can probably suggest is to have a change in hands of position with the said admins that players are discontent with. Your staff is the group of people that keep your player's coming back, if they're not fit for the job, the server is likely to lose players. --Not entirely true in every situation though

About Quality of RP,
Honestly the decline is partially on part of the admins. I realize that admins are as busy as any of us may be, but if they cannot dedicate the time to keep the server "minge-free", then what use are they?
Point in case was this Saturday:
There was basically a massive tranquilizing occurring at the BP. Pechvarry was dealing with the situation, while 3-4 other admins were online standing idle to the situation. I don't plan on saying names, but if the situation is that dire, their needs to be some response.
In all honest opinion, you can't expect RP to improve until you deal with and rid the server of the "minges". Until done so, the server is going to be at a stand still with little improvement.

Going back to what I stated in an earlier time on the forums,
With the exception of a few admins on the team, the team advocates itself as amateur and immature with how it presents itself. Shall I mention the constant trolling that happens on the forums and server only encouraging the players to do so themselves? Or the mischievous acts that admins may perform while on the server also encouraging players to do so, by stating "If the admins can do it, why can't I?"

If anything FL staff as a majority need to:

- End the popularity contest, honestly!
- Advocate a more mature attitude
- Administration rights be placed to a higher standard
- End the bi-polarness, I honestly don't even know whats going to happen anymore when it comes to FL Staff.
- And promote the protection of the Panda Species!

I rest my case,

Wweee2345
A Caring-Panda

The following 6 users Like wweee2345's post:
  • Nadrick, Slick Rick, Ms. Mudpie, StillAlive, Serpent Lord, Haarek
I unfortunately must say that i too have seen some issues with the admin team, whether it be from having to use @ four to five times before recieving a response, or attempting to RP when the admins appear to be having a sort of noclip war, firing off weapons everywhere. I have also noticed, as said before, that admins seem to have progressively gotten less and less into roleplaying, and more into just flying around or standing on rooftops. (While i understand that watching from the roofs and tping and flying help to maintain the server, it seems thats all they ever do. To be honest, I've really only seen a max of three admins actually roleplaying. The distribution of RP points seems to have also come to standstill. While i do not see rp points as important, it still seems there is a lack of awarding of them from the admins. They tell that they wont give rp points upon request, but won't see your current roleplay if you don't ask. Lastly, as mentioned above, admins do seem to do rather odd, unusual things that don't have much to do with anything, whether it be blocking the sidewalk with 'tea time' or driving nocollided cars through things. The administrative team for Fearless needs a bit of improvement, as i believe they aren't perfect, but I do appreciate what they have done for our community, banning rulebreakers and assisting us in imes of need. Admins, I love what you do, just please Improve upon your current state. Appreciate it, and I mean no insults or hate intended in this message.
The following 2 users Like UTLonghorn12's post:
  • Insanity, Ms. Mudpie
I personally think admin applications should be opened for say... 5 days, and the admin team AND the rest of the players can give their opinions on who should and shouldn't be given trial admin.
That should eliminate a goods amount of the complaints about the admin team, as everyone will have had an opportunity to have a say.
(02-21-2012, 09:40 AM)Emnesty Wrote: I personally think admin applications should be opened for say... 5 days, and the admin team AND the rest of the players can give their opinions on who should and shouldn't be given trial admin.
That should eliminate a goods amount of the complaints about the admin team, as everyone will have had an opportunity to have a say.

No, just no.
The following 2 users Like Lani's post:
  • Holdem, StillAlive
(02-21-2012, 10:42 AM)Lani Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 09:40 AM)Emnesty Wrote: I personally think admin applications should be opened for say... 5 days, and the admin team AND the rest of the players can give their opinions on who should and shouldn't be given trial admin.

No, just no.

What damage would it cause?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Admin applications would just cause people to flood in, people "kissing up" to admins, people kissing up to other people, just to get there. People will start "fighting" each other, and it will all go into a massive flame thread. People should get chosen because Admins think they are worthy and have what they need. It's "Their" community, and they should choose.

Also, I know a lot of people that are "well known", and everyone seems to like them, but IMO they haven't got what it takes to be an Admin. That's why Admins handpick people, and it doesn't matter if they're new or not. If you got what it takes, it doesn't really matter who you are and how long you've been here.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Last time they made application thread it turned out good, thats how BlackDog and Elder got admin...
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Azusa Nakano