FL community exclusive RP map
(03-15-2013, 08:43 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Do not make it too big, or it will cause a uproar in contraband, because no one will be able to find it.
Also, try and make the city surrounded by suburbs, then rural areas. This will create an effect that makes it seem realistic. I will edit this later with some pics for ideas and beaches.

The bigger the map, the less chances of CDMs, even if it means most of the map will just be empty. (Also good because it means more places for builders!)

(03-15-2013, 08:43 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: @ Kiruclanz This server will bring in new players. New Players=More donation money. Problem Solved.

I don't think you know how it works. About 10 - 20 of the population on each server on FL:RP servers only go on for a few hours, possibly minge or (if they're mature enough not to minge) have no interest and leave.

10 of the remaining 30 will just try to play, but probably not read the rules because they're young or stupid (or both, no way to tell until they get older) and get banned before getting a chance to donate.

That means that only 20 out of 50 players will donate, which seems like a lot but isn't enough since the donation price is very low.

If they do add a new server, it'll probably either result in losing it or one of the other servers due to costs, or the donation prices will rise.

Everything I am thinking of is to create a map that will be fully accredited to FL community and its members. Basically it's for people to know that this community created it
Also since my friend is a lead in his new mod project he needs a map designer
That would be good opportunity for me to train myself for that
(03-15-2013, 08:32 PM)Dr Tomorrow Wrote: Friday
By the looks of what you written, I sure see that you are sort of experienced in this aren't you?

Yeah, I've helped make maps with my friend Yesterday (No relation to you I promise) for a long time. I hosted a TF2 server many moons ago and we always had custom stuff. We mainly did variations of cp_orange, but we did some other map styles too.

Here is a video of a map we made, it was one of our first maps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkoCm8itNhg
[Image: sometime.png]