The following 1 user Likes NextPlayer's post:
  • Barkles
-Support

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
-Support

Just no, I don't see ANY point to even debate this.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
-Support. I would only want to see this, if they stripped police of FREE kevlar as this is Very unfair to attackers.
(11-11-2013, 12:18 PM)NextPlayer Wrote: -Support
Police isn´t SRU !
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
+ Support and if cops can use mp5 or shotgun why they need to buy them why cops can not just spawn with mp5 or shotgun? Anyway cops should have m4a1 and SRU should have a weapon more powerfull
+support
movies never lies
(11-13-2013, 11:35 PM)Freezak Wrote:
Quote:And when you're fighting both, no argument? There is a big difference, police officers aren't the ones using sniper rifles or hulking the different skin around. The SRU also carry the UMP, which does even more damage than the M4. Yet another difference. Another one I can include is the amount of red tape which the SRU are forced to deal with, whereas regular police officers are not. They're essentially a more agile class that can more effectively deal with a situation that doesn't involve a full-scale raid on a base.
No way you would fight both, happens rarely, even if you got a combo of police officers with MP5, SRU team with your beloved UMP and M4 access. Yes, they are a more agile class, which should carry more agile weapons, and as for now, MP5 is enough and actually does the job. Stay with your arguments, i'm staying with mine, i will not change my opinion about MP5 - it's good and it can effectively fight back.
The MP5 being a good weapon and having the capability to fight back (on FL no less) is your opinion, and I respect that.
'No way you would fight both' and 'happens rarely' are somewhat contradictions. The M4A1 is designed as an agile weapon though, being a carbine one can cut it out however he wants. It takes a bullet with more range to it and weighs 7.5 pounds loaded. It has an effective point range out to 500m whereas the MP5 has a maximum of 200m. I promise you, unless I'm going to go up to the front door of one of those fuck-all bases, I'll be using a rifle, no matter the 'small' damage difference.

I'm not trying to change your mind, you've already made it perfectly clear that you're content on your standing. I'm merely putting out a counter argument.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
I really do not see why you guys want police to carry M4s. Sure, the M4 beats MP5, but we are talking about balance and other OOC factors. We aren't talking about weapon stats and $hit like that.

If we give police M4s, then what will the DIFFERENCE between SRU and police be? SRU are ment to deal with highly dangerous operations, if we give police the ability to equip M4s, then why do we need SRU?
What difference will we really have between the cops and SRU?

The cops will take situations into their own hands instead of calling for SRU. SRU will turn into the dictator-bodyguard-job where all they do is to camp nexus.

SRU are ment to be a highly strategic unit with access to top-notch firearms and trainings. They are ment to be the elite of the government, the ultimate force when it comes to deal with dangerous missions.

Police are ment to watch the city and catch any law-breakers. This usually means speeders, drugdealers and such. If the police encounter any dangerous situations they lock down the area and call for backup and it's here the SRU comes into play.

Sure, you can drag real-life reasonings in to why police should be able to equip M4s, but we are talking about a game where we need to balance things, adjust things. We have to make it so every job actually have something to do. Police can't just replace SRU, the poor SRU saps have it horrible enough now when they camp in nexus just waiting for the rare backup-calls. Granting police access to M4s will not benefit the SRU team at all. This will just make police the new SRU job with a whole lot more slots.

Talking about balancing and things... Can you imagine the entire policeforce equipping m4s and defending the nexus? Raiding places? That force would be quite overwhelming.

Excuse my poor spelling and grammar. I'm a rather tired norwegian fella at school right now.

I'd like to hear what you have to say about this, Toxic.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(11-14-2013, 06:17 AM)Toxic Wrote:
(11-13-2013, 11:35 PM)Freezak Wrote:
Quote:And when you're fighting both, no argument? There is a big difference, police officers aren't the ones using sniper rifles or hulking the different skin around. The SRU also carry the UMP, which does even more damage than the M4. Yet another difference. Another one I can include is the amount of red tape which the SRU are forced to deal with, whereas regular police officers are not. They're essentially a more agile class that can more effectively deal with a situation that doesn't involve a full-scale raid on a base.
No way you would fight both, happens rarely, even if you got a combo of police officers with MP5, SRU team with your beloved UMP and M4 access. Yes, they are a more agile class, which should carry more agile weapons, and as for now, MP5 is enough and actually does the job. Stay with your arguments, i'm staying with mine, i will not change my opinion about MP5 - it's good and it can effectively fight back.
The MP5 being a good weapon and having the capability to fight back (on FL no less) is your opinion, and I respect that.
'No way you would fight both' and 'happens rarely' are somewhat contradictions. The M4A1 is designed as an agile weapon though, being a carbine one can cut it out however he wants. It takes a bullet with more range to it and weighs 7.5 pounds loaded. It has an effective point range out to 500m whereas the MP5 has a maximum of 200m. I promise you, unless I'm going to go up to the front door of one of those ***-all bases, I'll be using a rifle, no matter the 'small' damage difference.

I'm not trying to change your mind, you've already made it perfectly clear that you're content on your standing. I'm merely putting out a counter argument.

You've put a real-life difference, while here, on semi-serious community, range and bullet size doesn't matter, and for the sake of balance of government forces, which in my opinion is significant right now, police should stay away from M4s. Also, you said that M4 is an agile weapon. It might be, but not as agile as MP5 is. It weights around 7.5 lb, same goes for the AK-47, which is almost same in terms of weight. That was one of the reasons why AK was made in an AKS, AKS-74 variant. Anyways we are going too far into things that matters only in real-life, looking just on the server, i see no reasons to allow police force M4s.