Fearless Forums
Discussion on British Politics - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Discussion on British Politics (/showthread.php?tid=80667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Chad - 06-04-2017

This is British politics

RE: Discussion on British Politics - juicyorange - 06-04-2017

4 more days until it's choice time, stay safe and if you can go and vote.

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Dragnort_ - 06-05-2017

Strong. And. Stable.

VOTE Theresa May

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Huskii - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 02:47 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: Strong. And. Stable.

VOTE Theresa May

The worst political sound bite in recent history.

May I ask why you are voting Conservative?

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Bobby - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 02:57 PM)Huskii Wrote:

VOTE Theresa May

I know that the question wasn't aimed at me and seeing as Dragnort doesn't understand that you don't vote for Theresa May and that you vote for your local MP (such as my constituency that doesn't have UKIP, SNP or Green Party running)

I'm voting for Conservative as I want to leave the EU as that is what the question was in the referendum. 'Would you like to leave the EU?' which implies leaving and not staying in all the things attached. Other parties either want to hold another referendum or have a "soft" brexit which will mean not leaving things that a surprisingly large amount of 'leavers' voted for.

Also, I don't believe that the Labour party has changed since the infamous 1997 vote in which promises were made but very few were delivered. The ones that were delivered were done by taking a huge amount of loans and practically ruined our economy. The only reason that the economy seems bad when the conservatives took to power was that they were trying to fix the economy instead of making it worse and worse until the entire economy collapsed.

You talk of sound bites yet that is exactly what the labour party and others do to get votes. Things such as "Free School meals for all" and "no tuition fees" which obviously appeals to young voters and families that have a low income. The question is "How do they pay for it?" and they go into this drivel of "Tax the 1%" etc.
However, what happens when the top 1% and the big businesses leave the country, after all, we are leaving the European Union. Some may just decide that they are getting taxed too much and that Britain is not the place where they can make money. This would further ruin the economy and add on to the loans that will also be most likely taken out.

My question to you is, why would you vote for labour or other parties? (I am assuming you are a Labour supporter, if you are not then please state which and I will respond to why that party isn't the best to vote for Smile )

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Archer - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 03:20 PM)TieDye Wrote:

VOTE Theresa May

I know that the question wasn't aimed at me and seeing as Dragnort doesn't understand that you don't vote for Theresa May and that you vote for your local MP (such as my constituency that doesn't have UKIP, SNP or Green Party running)

I'm voting for Conservative as I want to leave the EU  as that is what the question was in the referendum. 'Would you like to leave the EU?' which implies leaving and not staying in all the things attached. Other parties either want to hold another referendum or have a "soft" brexit which will mean not leaving things that a surprisingly large amount of 'leavers' voted for.

Also, I don't believe that the Labour party has changed since the infamous 1997 vote in which promises were made but very few were delivered. The ones that were delivered were done by taking a huge amount of loans and practically ruined our economy. The only reason that the economy seems bad when the conservatives took to power was that they were trying to fix the economy instead of making it worse and worse until the entire economy collapsed.

You talk of sound bites yet that is exactly what the labour party and others do to get votes. Things such as "Free School meals for all" and "no tuition fees" which obviously appeals to young voters and families that have a low income. The question is "How do they pay for it?" and they go into this drivel of "Tax the 1%" etc.
However, what happens when the top 1% and the big businesses leave the country, after all, we are leaving the European Union. Some may just decide that they are getting taxed too much and that Britain is not the place where they can make money. This would further ruin the economy and add on to the loans that will also be most likely taken out.

My question to you is, why would you vote for labour or other parties? (I am assuming you are a Labour supporter, if you are not then please state which and I will respond to why that party isn't the best to vote for Smile )

How exactly can you vote?I thought you were 15?
Also maybe Dragnort lives in Theresa May's constituency?

RE: Discussion on British Politics - juicyorange - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 03:26 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:

VOTE Theresa May

I'm voting for Conservative as I want to leave the EU  as that is what the question was in the referendum. 'Would you like to leave the EU?' which implies leaving and not staying in all the things attached. Other parties either want to hold another referendum or have a "soft" brexit which will mean not leaving things that a surprisingly large amount of 'leavers' voted for.

Very lucky to be living in Jersey where the voting age is 16.

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Bobby - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 03:26 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:

VOTE Theresa May

I meant I would vote for conservatives. I feel that you used these two small questions to gloss over my post.

RE: Discussion on British Politics - Chad - 06-05-2017

A couple of months off being able to vote, sorry UKIP

RE: Discussion on British Politics - juicyorange - 06-05-2017