Fearless Forums
[Solved]Rules Q&A / FAQ - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Support Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+---- Thread: [Solved]Rules Q&A / FAQ (/showthread.php?tid=74062)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

[Solved]Rules Q&A / FAQ - Rylund - 08-13-2016

As some of you may know, earlier we had a thread dedicated for questions the staff could answer.
If you have any questions and you want an official statement from the staff team, please ask them here.

Questions will be discussed within the team and an official statement will be given once we've discussed it.
Only post here when you have an actual question or concern, only staff members will be allowed to reply to these questions.
Failure to obey these thread rules will result in a 20% warning, this is to keep our Support thread overlook and it doesn't become messy.

Before asking a question on this thread, please check if it hasn't already been answered by looking in the spoiler below.
Answers given on this thread will be official statements. If it's regarding rules, they'll be enforced as stated here.

General

Spoiler :
Does FearRP apply when being shot at or hit?

Spoiler :
This depends, if the person intends to kill you then no. However if they stop shooting you and/or tranq you and they have you cornered, you have to follow FearRP. If the person hits you a RP way, such as you are being 'questioned' and they decide to shoot you in the leg or punch you, you still need to follow FearRP as at that point they have no intent to kill you. Another example of when it doesn't apply is when for example, someone is mugging you, you don't have the money and they try and kill you. You can then run away, attempt to fight back ect.

Does FearRP apply when switching from your weapon to cuffs/arrest baton/hostage rope/blindfold?

Spoiler :
''2.1d If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope in order to detain you, FearRP still applies.''
This rule applies to all objects mentioned in the question.

RV is it, or is it not bulletproof. 

Spoiler :
The RV is not meant as a bulletproof vehicle and should not be used as one.
One example could be you being inside of the RV when the door is locked, if someone points a gun at you through a window you should still obey FearRP.

Unwritten rules, can they be enforced, if yes then why.

Spoiler :
As stated in the rules, we are unable to cover every single detail within the rules, we expect people to use common sense and not do any questionable things or search for loopholes.
If a user is unsure whether or not something is allowed they should go to the newly added thread "Rules Q&A" (This thread), here they will be able to ask questions regarding rules and clarify if things are allowed. 
You can ask about any "unwritten" rules in this thread. It will be added to the main post once answered, if deemed necessary we might add it to the rules.

Am I allowed to use bait cars* as police?

Spoiler :

Yes, using bait cars is fine.

Can you shoot tranquilized bodies?

Spoiler :

I don't see why not, there's no reason to disallow that?

Does FearRP still apply when a weapon is lowered?

Spoiler :

If you have already been put under FearRP once by a gun aimed at you, then the person holding you under FearRP lowers their gun, you should still follow FearRP.
The player could deploy and shoot the firearm within a second.

If you kill someone and he drops a weapon, someone else who is just there at the gunfight picks it up, and you then point him a weapon, as a Corleone or just a normal criminal, and tell him to drop it/give it, does he have to give it?

Spoiler :

Yes, it would also be FailRP to run in the middle of a gunfight to pick up a weapon.

If you are pointing a weapon to someone and accidentally shot him, does he have to follow FearRP.

Spoiler :

Yes, see the explanation under FearRP

Can you have two jobs in your job description, for example "Criminal/Burglar.

Spoiler :

To some extent yes, they should however be in close correlation.

If a police officer/SRU shoots you, can you shoot back?

Spoiler :

Yes, as long as you are not put under FearRP and you are not a part of the government.

If a person is RDMing around, can you kill him as SRU or would that be Backseat Administrating, as, in the roleplay perspective, the shooter is still a threat to Citizens

Spoiler :

You've kind of answered your own question, it is also an IC situation and therefore you can take action towards the threat.
The same applies to people mass CDM'ing, as they're still a threat to the citizens of EvoCity in-character.

Is it RDM to kill an officer if he witnessed you with guns and you don't want him to call for backup?

Spoiler :

You should not kill an officer due to them having seen you with weaponry.

One thing you could do in such a situation would be to untie the officer in a room, tranquilize him and then leave the area and escape from the officer.

If you want to bring roleplay into the situation and the officer agrees, then you could try and talk with the player OOC-ly if he would like the situation to take a turn in for example; Bashing him in the head with a baseball bat, making him forget stuff.
You always need to agree on both ends otherwise it would be powergaming.

I've spoken with some people regarding jumping over walls via being "Boosted" by one or multiple people, now will this be classified as failrp, to use other players to climb over walls, to enter a property and such?

Spoiler :

One-man boost should be alright, you can be one player who jumps on another and boosts over a wall. 
You should not do more than a one man boost.

Miscellaneous

Spoiler :

What do the rank icons in-game mean?

Spoiler :

[Image: user.png]User - Default group when you join the server.
[Image: heart.png]Donator - If you donate to the server, you will get this icon.
[Image: graduation-hat.png]Teacher - Teachers are here to help you roleplay and to answer general questions the community have.
[Image: Contributor.png]Contributor - People who help contribute to the servers, mainly coding & modelling.
[Image: Veteran.png]Veteran - Retired Administrators.
[Image: Moderator.gif]Moderator - First step of being a staff member, these people help cleaning the servers from people breaking the rules.
[Image: star.png]Administrator - The step after Moderator, when you reach this rank you have been entrusted with alot more power in-game and on the forums.
[Image: shield_silver.png]Supervising Administrator - Supervising Administrators are in charge of the team, they are here to make sure the team is in a good shape.
[Image: superdev.png]Supervising Administrator & Developer - Same as above, this SA is a developer together with the standard SA duties.
[Image: shield.png]Owner & Founder - The man behind the community.

Do @-calls from one server show on the other servers too?

Spoiler :

@-calls are global on the servers and will show up for all admins on all servers when you send them.
This is why we encourage people to use @-calls even when no staff members are present.

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - sebasti161 - 08-13-2016

where do i apply for admin/co owner??

oh and the user icon is wrong :3

Answered

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Marty - 08-13-2016

RV is it, or is it not bulletproof.

Answered

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Rylund - 08-13-2016

(08-13-2016, 02:05 AM)sebasti161 Wrote: where do i apply for admin/co owner??

oh and the user icon is wrong :3
You cannot apply for administrator nor co-owner.
If you want to become a staff member you can read the requirements for even being considered for staff member here: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=19114

User icon fixed.

(08-13-2016, 04:23 AM)Marty Wrote: RV is it, or is it not bulletproof. 

Thank you for your questions, they will be discussed within the team.

(08-13-2016, 09:30 AM)SelfGamer5 Wrote: Can @ calls really go to all servers?

@-calls are global on the servers and will show up for all admins on all servers when you send them.
This is why we encourage people to use @-calls even when no staff members are present.

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Greed^ - 08-13-2016

Am I allowed to use bait cars* as police?

* Unlock a car at lets say BP, then have a patrol car close to it, ready to hunt the car down and arrest the people stealing it

Answer pending

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Agorith - 08-14-2016

(08-13-2016, 08:57 PM)SelfGamer5 Wrote: If you are hostaged and the hostagers keep shooting around you is FearRP off? I was hostaged by rebels and they were shooting at fellow swat and i was expected not to move whilst they randomly shot me in the foot time to time. Could I have run off? Since I was assaulted?

No.
You have to follow FearRP.
If the people hit you in an RP way, for example intimidating you and they decide to shoot you in the leg or punch you, you still need to follow FearRP as at that point they have no intent to kill you.

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Coffee - 08-14-2016

You didn't include the normal dev logo

Answered

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Rylund - 08-14-2016

(08-14-2016, 11:25 AM)Coffee Wrote: You didn't include the normal dev logo

I know, I have no clue which icon is Developeronly and Developer, one is orange and one is blue..

Edit:
(08-13-2016, 08:57 PM)SelfGamer5 Wrote: If you are hostaged and the hostagers keep shooting around you is FearRP off? I was hostaged by rebels and they were shooting at fellow swat and i was expected not to move whilst they randomly shot me in the foot time to time. Could I have run off? Since I was assaulted?
Does FearRP apply when being shot at or hit?
This depends, if the person intends to kill you then no. However if they stop shooting you and/or tranq you and they have you cornered, you have to follow FearRP. If the person hits you a RP way, such as you are being 'questioned' and they decide to shoot you in the leg or punch you, you still need to follow FearRP as at that point they have no intent to kill you. Another example of when it doesn't apply is when for example, someone is mugging you, you don't have the money and they try and kill you. You can then run away, attempt to fight back ect.

^Follow this for now

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - ForceGhost - 08-14-2016

Does FearRP apply when switching from your weapon to cuffs/arrest baton/hostage rope/blindfold?.

Answered

RE: Rules Q&A / FAQ - Agorith - 08-14-2016

(08-14-2016, 05:27 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: Does FearRP apply when switching from your weapon to cuffs/arrest baton/hostage rope/blindfold?.

I'll be referring you to the following rule:

''2.1d If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope in order to detain you, FearRP still applies.''