Fearless Forums
GCSEs - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: GCSEs (/showthread.php?tid=50648)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: GCSEs - Safira - 05-07-2015

Nope, have to do it at the same time as the UK. If we did it before them, we could inform them about what's in the exam.

RE: GCSEs - evilmat360 - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 12:17 AM)Toxic Wrote: Wouldn't think you'd be allowed to do it at 9 at night. I've got one more week of college before I'm officially done with my freshman year

Prevents questions being revealed to those who are still to sit the exam. Though I would have thought you could have sat the exam earlier and then be isolated with no communication access until the time that the exam is sat in the UK.

RE: GCSEs - aviator - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 06:26 AM)evilmat360 Wrote: Prevents questions being revealed to those who are still to sit the exam. Though I would have thought you could have sat the exam earlier and then be isolated with no communication access until the time that the exam is sat in the UK.

You can sit exams later or earlier provided the exam board can verify you have had no contact with other candidates. It's all about ensuring that one thing and it doesn't matter if you're late or whatever. You should still get the full time, especially if you arrive within one hour of the exam starting.

Anyway, let's not worry about the bad sides to exams! I feel sorry for the students abroad, because I think 9.00 am is early enough and 1.30 pm is late enough xD

RE: GCSEs - Suarez - 05-07-2015

Best of luck to anyone with GCSEs coming up!

RE: GCSEs - starsweep - 05-31-2015

God GCSE's where a nightmare for me the year 10 prep ones went great all c-a across the board, then the Year 11 ones i crashed and burned nothing above C and the only C i got was in ICT.

Reason? no idea maybe i just didn't take it that seriously or was happy with my mock exam results, but i know why I didn't get a good grade in science (my best subject at the time) i got a D in science (which I was told was the best you could get on the exam paper alone) because the coursework which I spent absolutely ages on and handed in on the deadline went "Missing" and the teacher who was known to dislike me just said I didn't hand it in bearing in mind I have witnesses to me doing it. so yeah i Fudged up on my GCSE's and now I'm looking for a job and getting nowhere. 

isn't life fun -_- 

I'm 21 now and left education at 16 so yeah Your GCSE's will be important should you not go into higher education.

RE: GCSEs - Jericho - 05-31-2015

I'm going to have a total of 13 gcse's after all my exams, well, implying I pass them all.

Does anyone know if the quantity of gcse's you'll receive matter in the near future? Since my mates only have 6-8

RE: GCSEs - Barkles - 05-31-2015

Mate I have 9 (4-A 4-B 1-c) and I've never been asked about them, even uni applications Just want 5: A-C

RE: GCSEs - Jono - 05-31-2015

4 As, 4Bs, 1c and a D in Spanish. (Did literally nothing over the two year period. Was great fun, though.) Pretty good with close to no revision. ^.^
Truth is, GCSEs don't mean fuck all really, unless your'e aiming for a very top uni, or not completing secondary qualifications.

RE: GCSEs - Safira - 05-31-2015

Well, GCSEs mean something certainly in my school - only those who get all As and Bs can continue to the sixth form (It's got the best facilities here, providing A level and IB, so pretty selective).

Fingers crossed I don't f*ck up.

RE: GCSEs - casketking00 - 05-31-2015

Good luck!

GCSE's weren't as bad as they were made out to be.

A-Levels seperate the men from the mice.

Got my A-Level ICT exam tomorrow D:

EDIT:

Off the top of my head:

English Language - A
English Literature - B
ICT - A/B (double award thingy)
Drama - B
Business Studies - B
Maths - B
French - B
Biology - B
Physics - B
Chemistry - C
History - E (answered the wrong questions Sad got B on the mock!)

11 GCSE's A*-C was more than enough to get into the Sixth Form that I'm currently at.

To get into A2 next year I need (the absolute MINIMUM of) DDD, but I aim to get ABD (ABBD including General Studies)