GCSEs
So I'm about to start my GCSEs in September (god help me)
Just wondering what topics people took (if you did) (i)GCSE?

I'm doing all the compulsory (maths, english, english lit, double science,) and French, Music, Drama, Geo and History.

Also if anybody did any of those ^, how hard were they XD
I heard History is gonna be like the Cold War and WW2 so pretty modern history...

So yah.

[EDIT] For science, we have double award and triple award. Double means you take all 3 sciences, but for 9 hours a week. Triple takes up one of your options, and you do 12 hours.
It's weird how some places have to do all 3 sciences, but some get to only do 2 of their choice XD

I am going into year 11 now, I took D&T Graphics | D&T Resistant Materials | ICT | Photography.
Same as you, I am practically 2-3 weeks away from starting my GCSEs. I took: French, History, Geography and Triple Science.
When I was back in school (3 years ago i believe)
I took the normal stuff (English, Maths, Science also did additional science) had a choice between History & Geography and I chose History and lets put it this way it really fucked me over the topics were 'medicine through time' and 'the wild west'- I then did a BCS (Media IT - jingle writing, music making, animation, photography) and my third choice was D&T Food Technology.
Funny, where I live the compulsory subjects are Maths, English, Religion, Spanish & Science.
Guess it differs in countries/cultures, though my city is part of the UK
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
If you're starting your GCSEs this year, I believe they have actually changed the marking system from the letters to numbers, and raised the expectations.

Our school only allowed two actual choices, one humanity and a language. I have taken Computing, Business, History and German.
The following 1 user Likes zankaa222's post:
  • Blurr
Here where i live we take GCEs. Just finished it last year! Took English, Maths, History, Combined Science(Phy/Chem), D&T, Principles of Accounts.
(08-13-2014, 04:32 PM)Devin Wrote: Funny, where I live the compulsory subjects are Maths, English, Religion, Spanish & Science.
Guess it differs in countries/cultures, though my city is part of the UK

You have to take a language, so in my case French.
And we don't do RS because it's an international school and chances are we'll forget one to study. Also the country I'm in is an extreme Islam country... Non-Muslims cannot say Allah, we can't publicly celebrate Christmas, and it's okay for a Muslim to convert someone else but not the other way...
So having RS would break pretty much every law XD

(08-13-2014, 03:43 PM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: I'm doing all the compulsory (maths, english, english lit, double science,) and French, Music, Drama, Geo and History.

God help you if you're doing French, found it one of, if not the worst subject :/

History is a really hard one to pass with the amount of content so serious revise early

Geography I found boring as sin when I did it Tounge

music was my fav GCSE and I loved it!

Those are my opinions though, and we'll see how I did ont he results day next week :/
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
(08-14-2014, 07:59 AM)Barkles Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 03:43 PM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: I'm doing all the compulsory (maths, english, english lit, double science,) and French, Music, Drama, Geo and History.

God help you if you're doing French, found it one of, if not the worst subject :/

History is a really hard one to pass with the amount of content so serious revise early

Geography I found boring as sin when I did it Tounge

Yeah French teachers have a reputation for being shit. But I know more french than I do Spanish, Malay or Chinese...
And all the teachers for humanities are really good, so they'll (hopefully) make it easier XD