Fearless Forums
Questions regarding Rules - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Support Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+---- Thread: Questions regarding Rules (/showthread.php?tid=21869)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Old Man Jokhah - 02-07-2013

collected a few questions during moderating that I could use some help with.

Can camera's be invisible? I said no because it's unrealistic.

Can camera's be frozen? I said yeah because I have done it / seen it done plenty of times, but I would like to know for sure.

Can people outside the government raid for contraband? This hits a grey area for me because it leads to lots of random raid calls. Personally I feel if you SEE the contraband and are a criminal job type then I say go ahead. If your just unemployed, I usually tell them they should call the cops. In my opinion Unemployed without a custom job title means your just a dude without a job, not a criminal by nature.

What exactly can Unemployed do? My answer was just about anything including getting a job. Then I had to explain that you can turn unemployed to a custom job.

Please could I get these questions/answers reviewed in case I'm messing up my understanding.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - GhostRider - 02-07-2013

(02-07-2013, 09:29 PM)Jokhah Wrote: collected a few questions during moderating that I could use some help with.

Can camera's be invisible? I said no because it's unrealistic.

That's correct, cameras cannot be invisible.

Can camera's be frozen? I said yeah because I have done it / seen it done plenty of times, but I would like to know for sure.

It depends where are they placed. If a camera is placed in the middle of the air, the answer would be no. If it is attached to the wall, than it's fine.

Can people outside the government raid for contraband? This hits a grey area for me because it leads to lots of random raid calls. Personally I feel if you SEE the contraband and are a criminal job type then I say go ahead. If your just unemployed, I usually tell them they should call the cops. In my opinion Unemployed without a custom job title means your just a dude without a job, not a criminal by nature.

Yes, one of the reasons to raid as non-goverment is contraband. Though I prefer seeing a criminal raiding, rather than unemployed, as you said.

What exactly can Unemployed do? My answer was just about anything including getting a job. Then I had to explain that you can turn unemployed to a custom job.

You can almost roleplay anything as unemployed, that's what makes to the best in my opinion.

Please could I get these questions/answers reviewed in case I'm messing up my understanding.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Enzyme - 02-12-2013

I've seen several admins saying different things so I want a clear-up.

Let's say you're an SS. > Nexus gets raided and you die. > Raid is still going on after 5 minutes.

Can you return up to nexus top floor, after the 5 minutes then?

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Narc - 02-12-2013

(02-12-2013, 05:42 PM)Doctor_Enzyme Wrote: I've seen several admins saying different things so I want a clear-up.

Let's say you're an SS. > Nexus gets raided and you die. > Raid is still going on after 5 minutes.

In the rules, it states that you may not.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Enzyme - 02-12-2013

(02-12-2013, 05:43 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 05:42 PM)Doctor_Enzyme Wrote: I've seen several admins saying different things so I want a clear-up.

I think this needs to be stated more clear on the F1>Rules list, so you can show people the exact line where it says so.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Adman - 02-12-2013

(02-12-2013, 05:43 PM)Narcotic Wrote:

Narcotic, there is nothing that expressly states that after NLR is up you cannot go back. If I am right in saying you're referring to this:

"NLR still applies even if you are told to head back (to the place you died) over the radio."

Then it is ambiguous as to whether it applies after NLR 'is up'. This is made to discourage people thinking NLR doesn't apply at all if told to head back.

Also, http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=23703&page=2.

Faustie told me, when asked, that "Talked to Faustie so we have determined that you CAN return to a raid after NLR has passed. However, not to admins that if it loops for too long intervention is better."

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Adman - 02-12-2013

I brought this up and there has been some ambiguity to it with staff too.

SA ruling was as follows:

After 5 minutes has passed, you are permitted to return to a raid only if there are surviving members there and they're calling for back-up etc. However, should the raid drag on too long then an admin may step in and decide that you can not return back which, of course, would eventually finish the raid.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Skakisen - 02-14-2013

Hello.
Do you have the right to use lethal force on a player breaking NLR to defend yourself?

If the player that's breaking NLR shoots at you with the intention of killing you, are you allowed to shoot back?

RE: Questions regarding Rules - GhostRider - 02-14-2013

(02-14-2013, 08:20 PM)skakisen19 Wrote: Hello.
Do you have the right to use lethal force on a player breaking NLR to defend yourself?

If the player that's breaking NLR shoots at you with the intention of killing you, are you allowed to shoot back?

(02-06-2013, 10:56 AM)Killjoy Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 10:17 AM)skakisen19 Wrote: Say the government raids you and your gang, you kill the police officers and SS that is raiding. They break NLR and shoot at you on sight. What do you do?

Report them to an admin, take evidence if necessary and try to keep away from them.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Skakisen - 02-14-2013

(02-14-2013, 08:22 PM)GhostRider Wrote:
(02-14-2013, 08:20 PM)skakisen19 Wrote: Hello.

(02-06-2013, 10:56 AM)Killjoy Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 10:17 AM)skakisen19 Wrote: Say the government raids you and your gang, you kill the police officers and SS that is raiding. They break NLR and shoot at you on sight. What do you do?

Report them to an admin, take evidence if necessary and try to keep away from them.

Yes but that isn't the question this time.