Fearless Forums
Questions regarding Rules - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Support Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+---- Thread: Questions regarding Rules (/showthread.php?tid=21869)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Questions regarding Rules - GeorgeTheBoy - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 04:18 PM)ooofek Wrote: i have more questions sorry about that Cheese
If i se BMD opening store in the city ... and he poot props like the hostage roop and more..
i can arrest him for opening store?

And if I, God forbid, get a pernament ban.. and im donate.. the money back to me?

1. Yes you can arrest him as he's clearly advertising that he's selling Black Market items.

2. No, refunds are not given if you receive a permanent ban.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Killjoy - 05-30-2013

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=32503&pid=264314#pid264314
(05-30-2013, 01:43 PM)Sihayha Wrote: 13 of general rules: Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.
- Why? I mean it is fine being afraid of gun, but why you MUST, as if HAVE TO be afraid of gun? People can be brave and/or crazy enough to not be afraid of it. Plus, people has beliefs about them being immortal, feeling immortal, thinking they can outrun bullet, etc. Human flaw that is fine with anyone, why cut it off unnaturally, by saying "You gotta be afraid, k?".

We had to set this down as a strict rule, because everybody went full Rambo.

16 of general rules: No extremist names such as: "Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Joseph Stalin" or derivatives.
- Lol again, why? These are just names. It is understandable if people are using them in horrid or disgusting way, but names are just names.

Because people take things too far and we get to pick what environment we want on our servers.

3 of OOC and IC rules: Don't kill people randomly (RDM), only kill with a RP reason.
- Well, people do get mad or crazed and start run'n'gunning. Don't they? Postal does tell you something, right? I mean not game but the early 90's postal workers outrages. They were not really logical, just stress.

Again, people take this too far, everybody who just feels like ruining somebody's RP or messing around will go serial killer.

4 of OOC and IC rules: Don't kill players because of their clan or their job.
- I find this one a lil'... Silly to say the least. People from other clans/factions do kill other for many reasons: money, power, respect, etc. As for jobs - competition. Simple, ain't it?

Rivaling factions can wage war if they indeed are in serious heat, however this rule is meant as do not kill other jobs just because yours is different. You need decent background RP or it will just turn this into Counter-Strike

Now hostage rules, this is major quiz for me:
2 of Hostage rules: Do not run away from gunpoint or while being tied: this is breaking FearRP.
- Trying to run away for freedom is bad? Trying to survive? I understand, it's lethal to try to run, but why the hell not?
Same reply as to the first FearRP question

4 of Hostage rules: The maximum you can ask for the release of a hostage is $2000.
- Demand is demand. It can be as high and off the ceiling as hostage taker pleases. Question is is how accurate and willing are authority to work this through and take care of it. A tad restrictive and unrealistic on the scale.
People started demanding insane amounts and ruined RP all the time.

7 of the Hostage rules: Don't hostage players randomly.
- Well, how do you hostage people aside of someone you aimed for or beforeahead rich? A random person, taken hostage, to have money, to flee for freedom in exchange for hostage. It is pretty common.

Random hostaging, as in you've got absolutely no reason on earth to tie that man up and demand anything. Pretty obvious why this is forbidden.

8 of the Hostage rules: You may not hostage people in the streets, you may hostage people close outside your base, but only if you have a decent reason for it.
- Sometimes reasons are quite decent, don't you think? Money, freedom, some items to buy out for people taken hostage. As for WHERE... Anywhere. Hostage situation may happen at any moment anywhere. Even at the street. I know, creeping after someone to some place is kinda sweet for certain kind of people, but still...
In real life, nobody is going to hostage you in broad daylight in front of a thousand witnesses and cops.

1 of Paramedic rules: The paramedics are not allowed to heal sides during a gun fight or raid.
- Sometimes it is critical to help someone DURING gun fight, not after. I know, "New life rule" and all, but trying to save life, sacrificing own, is paramedic's debt. Any medical worker for that matter.
FearRP for the medics, they should be afraid for their own safety too.

2 of Paramedic rules: As a paramedic you are not allowed to work for any of the underground forces. You may only work for the government.
- Well, it is always right of conspiracy, isn't it? People can and may try to help people, not mattering who they are. This is paramedic's debt - help to save life. Does it matter who person is?
No, there is no conspiracy because people took it too far and used it as an excuse to ruin others' RP.

4 of Police officer rules: Don't be an undercover police officer/sergeant that is working for rebels to kill the President.
- Why not? It is will of person to try and take over, everything goes in.
No, there is no conspiracy because people took it too far and used it as an excuse to ruin others' RP.

2 of the Mafia/Rebel rules: When you are in the same team, don't kill your team members and don't steal from them.
- Clearing ranks. It does happen in mafia and rebels from time to times.
No, because people took it too far and used it as an excuse to ruin others' RP.

4 of Mafia/Rebel rules: Different teams are created for a reason do not join other teams, for example rebels don't join mafia.
- Join or not, but cooperation does happen, doesn't it?
This means the rebel and mafia forces are not supposed to unite into one single organization.

6 of Mafia/Rebel rules: Do not raid the president just to earn money or because you don't like speed limits or high taxes. Get good reasons first.
- Raiding president to earn money - good reason. Plus, reasons can be rather different and people can make silly reasons with serious face.
How many times has president Obama been raided by poor thugs?

6 of the Vechicle rules: Do not make seats in the back of the tides truck to transport people. IE:Seats thrown into the back or by making it a bus.
- Why not? Buses are useful. Why not make them?
Because we have a bus. Vehicle modification leads to glitchy props, messy entities and other bad things.

8 of Vechicle rules: Do not build your own vehicle.
- Again, why not? Some types of vechicles can ebe rather useful. But with certain testing place and with technician/mod guy nearby to look after the process.
We have a wide variety of cars to use and any self-built stuff is glitchy, messy and dangerous.

12 of Vechicle rules: Don't steal someones car when it's getting unlocked.
- Isn't it cop's job to return car and get guy into prison?
This is meant as a sort of minge-grabbing.

14 of Vechicle rules: Don't steal peoples cars randomly or for a bad RP reason (IE:Stealing to sell back to the owner is not allowed)
- As well silly reason. It is capability of a rp that happens irl. Frauds, thievery for lulz. Cops are existing to solve such stuff, aren't they?
People took it too far.

5 of Base rules: Barricades cannot be made so it is impossible for attackers to shoot you.
- Aren't barricades build for saving lives? Like, inability to shoot through to be saved.
This is in place to cut down on propblocking and doomforting

9 of Base rules: Doom forts are not allowed. This means you cannot make it hard for the opposing force to raid you. (ex: mazes, having to crouch or jump over props, small firing holes.)
- It is the point to have a plentifully defended base - to be protected. As hard as it necessary.
People started building unrealistic death-traps all the time.

Don't strict rp with such rules this much. Some rules are useful, but either explain them better or go further with them. Restricting things that can happen irl so hard is not a way to do a rp.
The rules weren't made by us sitting down one evening, grabbing a beer and coming up with random rulings. Most of the rules have been applied because people constantly abused the liberties they were given.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Rylund - 06-04-2013

Now i would like to know answear of this.
Some admins say it's fail rp for president to set hour limit of cops, example: All officers need atleast 5 years of experience to joint the force!(50hours)

And some admins say it's ok.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Shawkzie - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 08:02 PM)Martin Wrote: Now i would like to know answear of this.
Some admins say it's fail rp for president to set hour limit of cops, example: All officers need atleast 5 years of experience to joint the force!(50hours)

And some admins say it's ok.

I too, would like an answer on this Smile

RE: Questions regarding Rules - BlackDog - 06-04-2013

I think its been clarified in this thread before.

From what i remember, it is fully allowable for a president to apply a minimum hour requirement to his policeforce to allow for some semblence of quality and skill.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Narc - 06-04-2013

Putting an hour limitation on your force is considered metagaming, and is therefore not allowed.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - BlackDog - 06-04-2013

(03-29-2013, 09:49 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 04:44 AM)Doctor_Enzyme Wrote: Is it allowed as a president to set demands to his officers?

Example: /broadcast The officers need minimum of 5 years (50 hours) of experience to be in the force, or they will be demoted.
I've seen some governments do this now. Is this allowed?

Yes, some Presidents do it to ensure a higher standard out of the police force.

Found the section in this thread that stated it was allowed, we may need SA clarification as there are now two conflicting statements

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Floodify - 06-05-2013

(06-04-2013, 11:36 PM)BlackDog Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:49 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 04:44 AM)Doctor_Enzyme Wrote: Is it allowed as a president to set demands to his officers?

Example: /broadcast The officers need minimum of 5 years (50 hours) of experience to be in the force, or they will be demoted.
I've seen some governments do this now. Is this allowed?

Yes, some Presidents do it to ensure a higher standard out of the police force.

Found the section in this thread that stated it was allowed, we may need SA clarification as there are now two conflicting statements

Most people use it and instead of saying hours they say years, like 40 years in duty and you'll become an SRU..etc. As blackdog said "we may need SA clarification as there are now two conflicting statements".

RE: Questions regarding Rules - GRiiM - 06-05-2013

Got into a discussion with another player about this and I'd like to get a confirmed answer.

When the president is wearing a custom suit (with the exception of the gas mask as it covers the face), are citizens able to still recognize him, know that he's the president and know his name?
I've always gone under the assumption that people know who is the President as he is a famous character in the city you'd know who they are, whereas with a regular citizen you would not.
You'd be able to recognize President Obama right away.

The person I discussed this with claimed that an admin said that this was not allowed and was still metagaming.

RE: Questions regarding Rules - Adman - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 04:49 AM)GRiiM Wrote: Got into a discussion with another player about this and I'd like to get a confirmed answer.

When the president is wearing a custom suit (with the exception of the gas mask as it covers the face), are citizens able to still recognize him, know that he's the president and know his name?
I've always gone under the assumption that people know who is the President as he is a famous character in the city you'd know who they are, whereas with a regular citizen you would not.
You'd be able to recognize President Obama right away.

The person I discussed this with claimed that an admin said that this was not allowed and was still metagaming.

The President is always recognisable, no matter the suit.