In need of someone
(08-18-2016, 08:38 PM)Marty Wrote: You sent me your forum reputation....also your inbox is full.

I did pm you, I'll try again and My Inbox isn't full

[Image: 24ei1.png]
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(08-18-2016, 08:31 PM)Envy Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 07:11 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Just a tip then
I personally would not take you seriously if your previous work that you added to your application had star wars on it. Of course it depends on the company you're applying to, but if I were you, I'd add something else, like GFX for a website in example

Maybe but I think its more on The work than what it actually is.
And I think Infernaws is Good example because there is a lot of detail in it.

I can guarantee  you that it would look way better if you didn't add star wars, or anything game-like stuff as previous work. Of course if you don't have any work without it, I guess you're fine, but I can guarantee you the employers would prefer seeing something else.
I agree the signature is well-made, but trust me, as a person who has hired other people myself, I can safely say that you should swap the star wars sig out with something else
(08-18-2016, 08:45 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 08:31 PM)Envy Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 07:11 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Just a tip then
I personally would not take you seriously if your previous work that you added to your application had star wars on it. Of course it depends on the company you're applying to, but if I were you, I'd add something else, like GFX for a website in example

Maybe but I think its more on The work than what it actually is.
And I think Infernaws is Good example because there is a lot of detail in it.

I can guarantee  you that it would look way better if you didn't add star wars, or anything game-like stuff as previous work. Of course if you don't have any work without it, I guess you're fine, but I can guarantee you the employers would prefer seeing something else.
I agree the signature is well-made, but trust me, as a person who has hired other people myself, I can safely say that you should swap the star wars sig out with something else

hmmm okay. Ill take your word Thanks man. 

Are the other 2 okay?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
All I'm seeing is your forum reputation.

But I'll be honest, I recently took on someone for our marketing & design dept. And part of that application they did have to send in a portfolio of previous work...if someone sent me a portfolio of Internet forum signatures I wouldn't even email them back.

To be quite honest I don't even think the recruitment team would shortlist them to me TBH.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Agorith
(08-18-2016, 08:48 PM)Marty Wrote: All I'm seeing is your forum reputation.

But I'll be honest, I recently took on someone for our marketing & design dept. And part of that application they did have to send in a portfolio of previous work...if someone sent me a portfolio of Internet forum signatures I wouldn't even email them back.

To be quite honest I don't even think the recruitment team would shortlist them to me TBH.

Yeah but thats the only Work that I have really done and I was told by the company that I am literally one of the only people with Photoshop Experience and that they would like to see Work.

So maybe it might not be so bad if i'm one of the only ones with photoshop experience.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(08-18-2016, 08:50 PM)Envy Wrote:

Yeah but thats the only Work that I have really done and I was told by the company that I am literally one of the only people with Photoshop Experience and that they would like to see Work.

So maybe it might not be so bad if i'm one of the only ones with photoshop experience.

How long do you have to do the application?
(08-18-2016, 08:52 PM)Marty Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 08:50 PM)Envy Wrote:

How long do you have to do the application?

By Tuesday
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Then why not work on some things different such as some nice HD colour splashes, posters etc.

You have the weekend?
I'll happily look over it if you want me to. Multiple people reading over it might be a good idea, you never know if someone hasn't noticed something Smile