Exams/GCSE!
(05-13-2016, 03:07 PM)Joe Joe Binks Wrote: Basically Hitman I'm not sure what Revisions are I probably meant to put revise and a GCSE qualification is "a qualification in a specific subject typically taken by school students aged 14–16, at a level below A level". And for anyone of anyone else wondering in Wales they make us sit some of our GCSE early so my Welsh was 25% of the full course and my 3 Sciences plus my ISA which I had an A* In will equivalent to 1 GCSE. So by the middle of 2017 I will have had to sit 9 Exams and 3 Controlled ISA's to get 3 Science GCSE xD

Revisions are definitely the right word because I heard Tomo talking about them. So no wonder the British kids are busy as fuck. In the US we don't sit for major exams often. I haven't had to in about 2 or 3 years. Even then the exams require no preparation whatsoever (for me at least). How much impact on life do the GCSE's have?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
Revision is just looking over work you've done in class.
(05-13-2016, 03:28 PM)Hitman Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 03:07 PM)Joe Joe Binks Wrote: Basically Hitman I'm not sure what Revisions are I probably meant to put revise and a GCSE qualification is "a qualification in a specific subject typically taken by school students aged 14–16, at a level below A level". And for anyone of anyone else wondering in Wales they make us sit some of our GCSE early so my Welsh was 25% of the full course and my 3 Sciences plus my ISA which I had an A* In will equivalent to 1 GCSE. So by the middle of 2017 I will have had to sit 9 Exams and 3 Controlled ISA's to get 3 Science GCSE xD

Revisions are definitely the right word because I heard Tomo talking about them. So no wonder the British kids are busy as fuck. In the US we don't sit for major exams often. I haven't had to in about 2 or 3 years. Even then the exams require no preparation whatsoever (for me at least). How much impact on life do the GCSE's have?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Honestly GCSEs are just basic entry-level qualifications. They allow you to move onto AS/A Level in Year 12/13 and pursue further opportunities at university.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
Exactly what Franku said after you get to do as I call them A-Levels they are useless so you only really need them to enter like Year 12/13 then they are basically will never affect the rest of your life xD
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(05-13-2016, 03:28 PM)Hitman Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 03:07 PM)Joe Joe Binks Wrote: Basically Hitman I'm not sure what Revisions are I probably meant to put revise and a GCSE qualification is "a qualification in a specific subject typically taken by school students aged 14–16, at a level below A level". And for anyone of anyone else wondering in Wales they make us sit some of our GCSE early so my Welsh was 25% of the full course and my 3 Sciences plus my ISA which I had an A* In will equivalent to 1 GCSE. So by the middle of 2017 I will have had to sit 9 Exams and 3 Controlled ISA's to get 3 Science GCSE xD

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

i cree evwy tim im bwitish
If its any consolation, I did Scottish Highers, passed 3 of them failed 2. Didnt study for one and still got accepted into Uni.. Dont sweat it
[Image: giphy.gif]
Well, good luck I just finished mine.
Trust me I know. I'm starting mine next week so I am a bit nervous but i'm feeling ok about it all because I have been studying since Christmas but recently I have been going really hard on it. On the bright side, I sat my English Language early and got a B grade 75% so I already have one which is alright.
Done Math's Exam yesterday and Paper 1 was terrible. So a Student that sat it started a Pentition to Lower the mark on the Exam.

It has 23,000 people sign the petition already!

Hopefully it get's lowered

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-qualif...m=copylink
[Image: 19ae0142bb6ffa7096da0c5a398ab914.gif]

Please +REP me if I help'ed you in anyways
(05-13-2016, 09:31 PM)Darkside Wrote: Done Math's Exam yesterday and Paper 1 was terrible. So a Student that sat it started a Pentition to Lower the mark on the Exam.

It has 23,000 people sign the petition already!

Hopefully it get's lowered

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-qualif...m=copylink

Already signed that yesterday Cheese