Are you an admin? READ THIS:
(04-04-2016, 11:07 PM)Dan Dan Wrote: Yeah insert, i completely agree with you that v33x is understaffed a lot of the time, i mean thats why i moved to v2d, but it is the more popular server, and the recent resignations in both staff and teachers was bad for v33x as most of them we're regular users on there.

Honestly mate, i think the solution is at the moment:

- Help out where YOU can [like Infernaw said]
- Try to report and record things when you see them happening
- Just be patient as from what i have seen, staff recruitment and promotions are recently taking place

I know it's frustrating as v33x is definitely the better map to be playing on, but it's just the way it is for the moment, it will gradually get better. Definitely as it looks like the server switch is happening again when everyone slowly moves back to v33x.

However, i do agree that some of the staff could maybe come on v33x some time if they aren't busy just to help clean things up a little.

Regards,
       Dan

EDIT: 
Quote:I think it would be great if undercover admins had delayed bans. 

From what i have seen, when admins like snowredwolf and spear go online, they follow rule breaks and take a note of them and simply ban / blacklist them all at once. Obviously they instant do it if they are mass minging but you get the point......

Yeah, thanks for the advice.

I do help as much as I can by informing in local OOC/OOC.
But I dont have a screen recorder though, and therefore cant do player reports.
[Image: 0TR6fBz.jpg]
I've never in my entire life used videos for player reports myself.
A few decent screenshots usually do the jobs just fine.
The only time screenshots are tricky is about fear RP situations.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • Insert
(04-04-2016, 11:12 PM)Insert Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:07 PM)Dan Dan Wrote: -SNIP-

Well man, i can direct you in the way of a screen recording software if you'd like???

There are many useful ones:

- Fraps
- OBS
- ShadowPlay

Also : If you would like links / websites or places to get these recording software from, just give me a PM and i will hook you up.

(04-04-2016, 10:13 PM)SnowredWolf Wrote: I think we have 3 other open threads regarding v33x
[Image: BdRzYpp.jpg]

creating memes instead of identifying that there is a problem is quite the solution. 3 other threads? I wonder why specifically on v33, I'd assume because there are some issues there

(04-04-2016, 09:44 PM)Spear Wrote: We do more than you think.

I am sure you do more than we think. I observe on many of these types of threads, admins never seem to recognize that there is a problem with them. It's always the player's fault. There is no possibility that more admins should be allocated to v33, or that more time of more admins in general should allocate their time there. That's what I've observed as your response. You'd rather say, "you guys should post player reports and try being nice to them" I realize that's some advice but it has a very poor outcome in comparison to admins spending more time on v3. You can look at my posted threads, if you want, I have around 10 BRs posted in the past couple weeks.

I know you guys are admin and probably don't have to sympathize much anymore, but banning as an admin, you can use a command. For me to post a ban request, I have to save the video, cut it, upload it, do all the thread template and all that. By the time it's done uploading, I don't even care anymore. I only post it cause i like to piss people off and get them banned for minor things.

only typed this cuz i was bored
(04-04-2016, 11:14 PM)Dan Dan Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:12 PM)Insert Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:07 PM)Dan Dan Wrote: -SNIP-

Well man, i can direct you in the way of a screen recording software if you'd like???

There are many useful ones:

- Fraps
- OBS
- ShadowPlay

Also : If you would like links / websites or places to get these recording software from, just give me a PM and i will hook you up.

Cant have shadowplay (got Intel)
And I had a Fraps, but heard it crashed garrys mod?
(04-04-2016, 11:14 PM)Infernaw Wrote: I've never in my entire life used videos for player reports myself.
A few decent screenshots usually do the jobs just fine.
The only time screenshots are tricky is about fear RP situations.

They are tricky in alot more situations than just FearRP.
Video evidence is always going to be recommended as they give realtime proof of the rulebreakage happening therefore we can reach a verdict without having any doubts about it.
Simple.
(04-04-2016, 11:17 PM)Insert Wrote: Cant have shadowplay (got Intel)

I'm not too sure myself about fraps, personally OBS works better for me. I would highly suggest checking it out or even just having a look on google as it helps a lot if you want to get a clear video of rule breakers.

If you want a link just to have a look at OBS : https://obsproject.com/

From what i know, its completely free, and i know it is SUPER easy to setup, but if you have any problems, like i said before, PM me Smile

(04-04-2016, 11:19 PM)Dan Dan Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:17 PM)Insert Wrote: Cant have shadowplay (got Intel)

I'm not too sure myself about fraps, personally OBS works better for me. I would highly suggest checking it out or even just having a look on google as it helps a lot if you want to get a clear video of rule breakers.

If you want a link just to have a look at OBS : https://obsproject.com/

From what i know, its completely free, and i know it is SUPER easy to setup, but if you have any problems, like i said before, PM me Smile

Thank you, ill check it out
The following 1 user Likes Insert's post:
  • Danny Boy