The Lie We Live
Not only is it deep. Its also facts..
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 2 users Like Random's post:
  • Gog, Alfred
We dwell too much in things like these. It may open up our eyes for a few days, but then we return to our normal behaviour, and forget about what we have just seen.

Imo, it's nice of them to make something like this, but won't really do any impact on how people think or behave.
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • Tomo
(03-19-2016, 05:17 PM)Mist Wrote: We dwell too much in things like these. It may open up our eyes for a few days, but then we return to our normal behaviour, and forget about what we have just seen.

Imo, it's nice of them to make something like this, but won't really do any impact on how people think or behave.

Yeah like, these videos motivate me to do something productive but then the video ends and i'm just sitting here on my computer like "Right, what game to play next" xD
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Link, Mist, Edned
(03-19-2016, 05:57 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(03-19-2016, 05:17 PM)Mist Wrote: We dwell too much in things like these. It may open up our eyes for a few days, but then we return to our normal behaviour, and forget about what we have just seen.

Yeah like, these videos motivate me to do something productive but then the video ends and i'm just sitting here on my computer like "Right, what game to play next" xD

Well, I am sort of the same but instead I donate to a site which attempts to save forests.
standfortrees.org
It allows you to donate to many different forests saving wildlife and different tribes, it can also go to education to children who are living around forests that be being cut down.
[Image: alfred.png]
The following 1 user Likes Alfred's post:
  • Mist
The video is filled with buzzwords and over sensationalist statements that, through pessimistic view of the world, try to evoke a sense of superiority against the rest of the 'sheep' population that 'don't get the TRUTH™'. It says nothing how to tackle the existing issues of the world, but just regurgitates the same old 'we're killing ourselves', 'technology is evil and we were better off without it', 'so many people suffering and we don't do jack shit to help them cause we're evil', etc. statements.

You want to be detached from society, from civilization and evil bad old corporations and spend 90% of your time trying to SURVIVE instead of THRIVE? Be my guest, nobody is stopping you. There are plenty of hermits out there, but they sure are not on the internet.

Saying that we live each day the same and do nothing to make them different is a ridiculous statement. Look back to the past and you'll see people having absolutely zero time to themselves and their entire lives dedicated to surviving. While now you can spend a lot of your free time reading, researching, traveling, building, exploring, all with this huge amount of knowledge offered by the internet. You don't like that each day of your life is the same? That's your own damn fault.
The following 4 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Mist, Prosto, Baskingner, Link
Blah blah, evil corporations, blah blah money is useless piece of paper. I feel like people who think like that want to go back to BC era and run around with spear and hunt down animals to get food and survive.

In modern time nothing stops you from going on internet and research any topic, and do anything you want, and almost for free.
The following 2 users Like Prosto's post:
  • Avgar, Baskingner
Pfft, these videos are so lame. They are so full of empty meaningless words.
Its always easy to point at the worlds problems and give 0 solutions. Lets blame money and economy and so called evil overlords who only care for money for our problems. I love how the video creator throws some shocking video footage together with a semi-sad song to try to touch people.

These are not facts or truths, they are tasteless, empty, paranoid words spoken by a video creator who has no idea how this world works and probably just tries to get his share of internet fame

guess what? he succeeded, that is whats sad here.

rant over.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Avgar, livkx
(03-20-2016, 09:31 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Pfft, these videos are so lame. They are so full of empty meaningless words.
Its always easy to point at the worlds problems and give 0 solutions. Lets blame money and economy and so called evil overlords who only care for money for our problems. I love how the video creator throws some shocking video footage together with a semi-sad song to try to touch people.

These are not facts or truths, they are tasteless, empty, paranoid words spoken by a video creator who has no idea how this world works and probably just tries to get his share of internet fame

guess what? he succeeded, that is whats sad here.

rant over.

nonsense, all of our problems are caused by the illuminati and alien overlords
The following 2 users Like livkx's post:
  • Baskingner, sebasti161
Videos like this get the brain working, but is it true or not?

Yes it is true, but to what extent?

Yes we are killing ourselves off, but we also reproduce.

Yes we cut down millions of trees, but we plant millions more.

Yes we eat animals, but we have to eat.

We sit on our phones, we have to communicate.

The way I see it, it's all true and I agree with the video.. But these things are ways of life, it can't just be cut out within a video and everyone changes, that's a fairytale.

The world won't change, people won't change and we'll all realise once it's too late, but we have to make our own destiny.

I hope we all learn sooner than later, but the reality of it is that it's a 99% chance we won't because everything is sugar coated and the truth won't be seen.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • livkx, Link
I agree with Falcao. I wonder if this could be into an event?