Crashing on Macbook air
Those who are saying they don't know Mac's shouldn't really comment, however OP I would advise trying to reinstall Garry's Mod and de fragmenting your hard drive if possible.
The following 1 user Likes Nightmare's post:
  • Grunt
(09-15-2015, 09:10 PM)MrTreeGames Wrote: If I am right here: LUA is an error message that has something to do with your host. With the missing disk place message is probably just your game crashing. I sometimes even have this on my windows. It rarely happens though. Try and restart, when it appears more often; try and make a screenshot of the error message.

You're pretty wrong.
LUA is not an error message, that has to do anything with your "host".
LUA is a programming language, that is commonly used for Garry's Mod, and whatnot.
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • Grunt
In response to those digging macs with no evidence and just wanna mindlessly stir shit, it really isn't helping this thread is it?

However you are not entirely wrong, as they aren't the best for gaming as they're more for video editing, rendering and music production etc...

I have a mac book air and a Mac Pro, along with with a windows PC and have tried playing Garry's mod on the Mac book air for a laugh and it's really not something I recommend :L they're not built for gaming really, the specs just aren't up to scratch for the amount of custom content and what not but I don't have much problem on the pro.

However, I found that reinstalling the Addons helped with the crashing!

If that doesn't work then try reinstalling Garry's mod.

And as a last resort, try windows
(09-15-2015, 07:25 PM)umizoomi Wrote: Macs are good (you can better buy a mac apple and not a macbook) but u still can better use a game computer for games.

Dont use windows it is realy bad, i just have windows 10 and it is j-just HORRIBLE!

You got windows 10 for free because its a beta, its updated daily.
(09-16-2015, 11:32 AM)MacTavish Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 07:25 PM)umizoomi Wrote: Macs are good (you can better buy a mac apple and not a macbook) but u still can better use a game computer for games.

Dont use windows it is realy bad, i just have windows 10 and it is j-just HORRIBLE!

I have the real one and i just dont like windows Smile
(09-15-2015, 08:32 PM)Kahjo Wrote: Windows 8 is good in my opinion! Yes. But keep it in topic tho ;p

I have windows 8 but i gonna buy a new pc
(09-16-2015, 03:59 PM)umizoomi Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 11:32 AM)MacTavish Wrote:

I have the real one and i just dont like windows Smile

I didnt say its a fake i said its a beta.
This makes me angry.. You guys who hate on apple have never ever been using a Macbook for more than an hour. This is a help and support thread. How much "help and support" do ya guys giving by hating for one reason. The reason is that you have read all over the internet that they stuck n stuff. Its so stereotypical omfg. Its basically the same as to say that all asians are smart and fast doing everything. (Not hate, just an example)
Well I do play Gmod, CSGO, and more on my macbook, no problem at all. My guess is that your macbook air has lack of power. I mean its very compact build n such. To play on a mac I recommend a Macbook Pro. And if thats not the case try set your graphics to the lowest settings. I know it looks bad but it would most likely help to run the game better.
Another solution try install HL2 EP2 or if you can, get a content pack for EP2. I had the same problem as you, I installed EP2 and it works fine.

My specs
Core I5 2.9ghz
8gb ram
512 PCIe flash drive
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 graphic
And to you PC users try compete with 2560x1600 resolution
Also Windows requries way more ram, storage space, n such to run the damn OS. One of the many reasons mac is better
I have been a PC user for over 10 years, and now mac user for 3 years. I do love my mac more than any windows pc I have owned. Its just so much better.
(09-19-2015, 06:00 AM)PrivateToast Wrote: This makes me angry.. You guys who hate on apple have never ever been using a Macbook for more than an hour. This is a help and support thread. How much "help and support" do ya guys giving by hating for one reason. The reason is that you have read all over the internet that they stuck n stuff. Its so stereotypical omfg. Its basically the same as to say that all asians are smart and fast doing everything. (Not hate, just an example)
Well I do play Gmod, CSGO, and more on my macbook, no problem at all. My guess is that your macbook air has lack of power. I mean its very compact build n such. To play on a mac I recommend a Macbook Pro. And if thats not the case try set your graphics to the lowest settings. I know it looks bad but it would most likely help to run the game better.
Another solution try install HL2 EP2 or if you can, get a content pack for EP2. I had the same problem as you, I installed EP2 and it works fine.

My specs
Core I5 2.9ghz
8gb ram
512 PCIe flash drive
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 graphic
And to you PC users try compete with 2560x1600 resolution
Also Windows requries way more ram, storage space, n such to run the damn OS. One of the many reasons mac is better
I have been a PC user for over 10 years, and now mac user for 3 years. I do love my mac more than any windows pc I have owned. Its just so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSV1UFbhJ-A

here you go buddy

That literally makes so sense. Macs are for dem schoolz, not for gaming, and a macbook is from fucking Apple. Windows is and stays the best. 

For the one with the mac,

Get yo ass a Windows PC
[Image: fyBYJXx.png]